FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Future Perfect at Sunrise rogering Prostitution in South Korea -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This subforum is for critical evaluation of Wikipedia articles. However, to reduce topic-bloat, please make note of exceptionally poor stubs, lists, and other less attention-worthy material in the Miscellaneous Grab Bag thread. Also, please be aware that agents of the Wikimedia Foundation might use your evaluations to improve the articles in question.

Useful Links: Featured Article CandidatesFeatured Article ReviewArticles for DeletionDeletion Review

> Future Perfect at Sunrise rogering Prostitution in South Korea, Korean Kabal at work
Cock-up-over-conspiracy

Now censored by flckr.com and who else ... ???

Group: Regulars

(IMG:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/3533039214_c979f9173d.jpg)

Another little example of the Korean Kabal, and their defending admin Future Perfect at Sunrise - aka Dr. Lukas Pietsch of the University of Hamburg Germany - at work on Prostitution in South Korea. Readers might remember how Dr. Lukas Pietsch was accused by another member elsewhere on this forum of favoring some races/nationalities over others.
This was a removal of over 100 references.
• Prostitution in South Korea before Dr. Lukas Pietsch.

• Prostitution in South Korea after Dr. Lukas Pietsch.
• Diffs; here.
With a neat dash of extra chilli from Kuebie as a last minute "purification" of any flavor of 'sennen goroshi' finally, thereby reducing the topic back into the state that our Kimchi Warrior Caspian blue left in 3 October 2008 .

At least proving that Caspian blue et al are not just anti-Japanese but care enough to engage in a nice bit of Korea-washing whenever they can ... with the collusion of helpful "neutral", policy-following admins too.

Page Pietsch Protected. Now, honest, I could pull another dozen or more Korean or Korea-Japanese topics that have been going through this same, and even more manic, routinue. Does it matter? Does anyone really care?

OK ... nah. I understand. There is just too much of it going on everywhere else to care.

This post has been edited by Cock-up-over-conspiracy:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Hipocrite

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Fri 15th May 2009, 5:36am) *

Another little example of the Korean Kabal, and their defending admin Future Perfect at Sunrise - aka <<REMOVED>>

This is more of the "outing" that this site was created to do, right?

This post has been edited by Hipocrite:
+Quote Post
thekohser

QUOTE(Hipocrite @ Mon 15th June 2009, 9:32am) *

QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Fri 15th May 2009, 5:36am) *

Another little example of the Korean Kabal, and their defending admin Future Perfect at Sunrise - aka <<REMOVED>>

This is more of the "outing" that this site was created to do, right?

Let's see...

Hipocrite provides pithy snipes directed at the creator of the thoughtful content, as well as underlying bitching and moaning about the management of this site's "policy structure".

Cock-up provides insightful commentary, thoughtfully marked-up with color, boldness, links, etc. Lots of value-add for a WR reader like me.

Which pseudonymous character do I value most?

I feel like I'm reading Highlights again, the contrast is so stark and self-explanatory!

+Quote Post
One

Postmaster General

Group: Contributors

You jumped the shark with this line:
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 15th June 2009, 8:49pm) *

creator of the thoughtful content

I guess I don't make enough remarks about Kimchi Kommandos who are trying to own articles with their vicious Anglo-military anti-Japanese prejudice by brutally suppressing the fact that so-called "comfort women" were actually all prostitutes who were paid full and fair compensation for their services (because Koreans apparently really like being prostitutes).
+Quote Post
Cock-up-over-conspiracy

Strong keep: Those are "anti-Koreanism". They are parodies of the language ... often taken literally ... used on the Wikipedia by these 'wee-warriors' still fighting a war that end 64 years ago.

I am not 'anti-Korea' ... I am 'pro-intelligence'. And if intelligence is treated with serial contempt and disrespect, and systemic bias, then I feel empowered to take the piss out of the offenders liberally.

South Korea is not part of 'The Axis of Evil', but many of its men (mainly) are definitely part of 'The Axis of Idiocy' ... and have an appalling attitude towards women.
QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 16th June 2009, 12:22am) *

The actual user page has been deleted, as of 2 May 2009, but an interesting comment remains on the refusal to do a checkuser ... "strong POV on certain issues ... a case of blatant Sockpuppetry in an effort to push a certain POV and create false consensus, in a deliberate disregard to Wikipedia rules" and that was back in 2006. Rien ne change plus ...
Sockpuppetry is not, in itself, a violation. Mackensen (talk) 19:49, 22 July 2006 (UTC)
QUOTE(One @ Mon 15th June 2009, 9:07pm) *
Forum member 'One' said ... because Koreans apparently really like being prostitutes.

Not a point I have ever argued 'One'. Unless you mean the "upwards 1,000,000 women and girls" who were put into service for the Americans during their occupation of the peninsula Post-1945, under the encouragement and collusion of the US Military & Korean government officials, the 1 million said to be active today, or the 2,000 sex workers protesting in Seoul recently that were so keen to whore that they went on a public hunger strike wearing nothing but bikinis and ball masks (... I suspect that just a marketing stunt).

What the records say of Korean women and girls prostituted for the US military is that many of them were tricked, coerced, kidnapped, abused as the victims of hunger, poverty, and war. And they were called comfort women in Korea at least up until the 1970s ... I doubt they "liked" it. Many were the same comfort women that serviced the Japanese. Most survived, a few made a lot of money, many die terrible deaths. They hawked them off to the Japanese, again, during the sex tourism period of the 1970s.

If you are interested in facts, you might also look at how the Korean army treated Vietnamese women (or Southern Korean troups Northern Korean women), whilst they were hired out as mercenaries to the US during the Vietnam War. Kidnapping, rape and murder, and a wake of unwanted orphans. Its all about context.

Whilst the Japanese stopped in 1945, the Americans and Koreans picked up where they left off and industrialized the industry. Today, UN estimates as many as 1.2 million women in South Korea are still engaged to varying degrees in 'sex work' now; many underage, thousands trafficked. It makes the usual accusations of the Japanese, 200,000 etc, look modest.

As one women said, "Our government was one big pimp for the US military" (... for the sake of all that foreign currency).

The Korean YMCA estimates current prostitution to account for 5% of the GDP. More than the industries of forestry, agriculture and fishing COMBINED (4.4%). According to the Korean Institute of Criminology, 20 percent of South Korea adult males, aged between 20-64, purchase sex 4.5 times per month. Probably enough 'vested interest' to buy one a NPOV war on the Wikipedia. Add on top some manic Korean Christians, wiping everything clean, and you have a fine cocktail to deal with.

Seemingly intelligent discussion of these issues, from the point of view of a Korean-American feminist, is just apparently too much to expect on the Wikipedia. You have to appreciate, Korea is nation with huge issues over denial, appalling sexual politics, and government corruption surrounding all this. Now, design a editorial system to manage that ... Unless individuals understand the full context, as might be expected of an academic publication, what else are their edits but partisan propaganda in an information wargame? Try putting any of it past the likes of Caspian blue (... cousin is a nun).

(And, lastly, if you don't know how crazy Koreans get, just remember one, drunken Korean burnt down the country's number one 610-year-old landmark because he was mad at his government ... over something that was his own fault.)

Refs:

Moon, Katharine H. S. 'Sex among Allies: Military Prostitution in US-Korea Relations'.
Lee, Na Young. 'The construction of military prostitution in South Korea during the U.S. military rule, 1945-1948'.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/08/world/as...&pagewanted=all

And the trains in Japan run on time too ...

+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(Cock-up-over-conspiracy @ Mon 15th June 2009, 8:32pm) *
(And if you don't know how crazy Koreans get, just remember one, drunken Korean burnt down the country's number one 610-year-old landmark because he was mad at his government ... [b]over something that was his own fault.)

Yeah, but have you ever seen one of those Japanese game shows? Talk about crazy! Then again, I guess you don't want to overlook the Rev. Sun Myung Moon either, really.
+Quote Post
Cock-up-over-conspiracy

A rough sketch but really an elegant response to Hipocrite and the One above ... And the typically tabloid-esque and binary responses one receives on the Wikipedia, especially from whacko nationalists, if one dares tread on their eggshells and write something "BAD" about that their "GOOD" country.

Yes, it is absolutely true. I wrote a nasty fact about some Koreans and stuck an obviously devious feminist academic or NGO reference after it. Therefore I am 'anti-all-Koreans-throughout-all-history'. Especially the likes of these below. Indeed, I believe that these Koreans are such BAD cases that they should be taken home and spanked vigorously as punishment immediately ...
The above paragraph might read as a bit of a joke ... but in 2004, the United Nations Statistical Commission documented that 44.6% of Korean women experience at least one type of violence in the previous year from their spouses, 15.7% experienced physical violence (defined as kicking, hitting with a fist or objects such as belt or stick and threatening with a knife or similar weapon), 7% sexual violence, statistics regardless of their educational level or occupation.

1. 40% to 60% of married women have been physically abused by their spouse
2. 9% have been beaten badly enough to need medical treatment
3. one out of six married people has suffered from domestic violence
4. the Korean Women’s Hot Line revealed that 42% of those interviewed had been assaulted more than once a week

Hyper-masculinist, military and maladapted Protestant traditions create in Korea a culture where women have been the subject of abuse (obviously even after the Japanese attempts to abolish slavery, female concubines and the two class system on the peninsula).

Of course, if one attempts to develop a picture of any of this, or put into context 20th Century history ...

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY AN ANTI-KOREAN, RIGHT-WING, JAPANESE, HISTORICAL DENIER AND 2CH TROLL, CONSPIRING IN A PERSONAL ATTACK AGAINST CASPIAN BLUE ... and challenging the combined Asian-Pacific Pro-American forces ... AND YOU MUST BE PUNISHED!!!

Modern Japan has been created and remains a useful distraction for those political, military and male chauvinist elements within Korea that were as happy to whore out Korea women to Japanese, American, Korean or Japanese again (in the 1970s and 80s), as they were to whore with them, themselves ... as long as they were not sleeping with black GIs, of course.

The American military does not want to be reminded of involvement in industrializing Asian prostitution (... and hence my open question about Rlevse's "Asian connection").

Of young Korean women in the sex industry recently surveyed, 29% gave the reason for their involvement as paying for tuition fees, 25% wanted more spending money, 47% said they just wanted to make money quickly. So ... perhaps if they don't enjoy it, it is at least a "nation traditional".

In 2006, the South Korean government handed out gifts for office workers who promised not to visit brothels during Christmas celebrations.

Refs:

Byun, Whasoon. VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN AND ITS INDICATORS
Cheng, Sea-ling. ASSUMING MANHOOD: PROSTITUTION AND PATRIOTIC PASSIONS IN KOREA

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   Future Perfect at Sunrise rogering Prostitution in South Korea  
Somey   OK ... nah. I understand. There is just too much o...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   What, prostitution? It's the [i]world's ol...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   [img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3307/362840797...  
Somey   From Soc.Culture.Greek ... and Future Perfect at S...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   Thank you. Interesting. What I did just see was th...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   This is more of the "outing" that this s...  
Hipocrite   This is more of the "outing" that this ...  
UseOnceAndDestroy   [quote name='Cock-up-over-conspira...  
Hipocrite   [quote name='Hipocrite' post='178622' date='Mon 1...  
Somey   So it's ok to out editors if they are already ...  
Hipocrite   [quote name='Hipocrite' post='178697' date='Mon 1...  
The Joy   [quote name='Somey' post='178700' date='Mon 15th ...  
Somey   [size=4]citation needed Is this sort of thing real...  
Eva Destruction   They haven't even deleted the page: http://e...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   [img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3401/363013748...  
Somey   I guess I don't make enough remarks about [b]K...  
Somey   [b]YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY AN ANTI-KOREAN, RIGHT-WING, J...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   CU-Conspiracy, what is with you and Korea? Sure, ...  
One   I am sorry One. I tried to be polite and playful,...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   Where did my artfully crafted illustration above g...  
seicer   I requested unprotection and it was unprotected. T...  
seicer   I found this status update rather odd on his Faceb...  
Peter Damian   Look: THIS IS THE TYPE OF ARTICLE THAT SHOULD NOT ...  
Cla68   CU-Conspiracy, what is with you and Korea? Sure, ...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   Look: THIS IS THE TYPE OF ARTICLE THAT SHOULD NOT ...  
Cla68   Its a farce. Its not fixable. Then choose a dif...  
One   Cock-Up: you're a racist. Your claims to not b...  
Milton Roe   Cock-Up: you're a racist. Your claims to not ...  
One   Devil's advocate question... Yes, you're...  
sbrown   Question #1: Do human cultures ever have patholog...  
EricBarbour   :fool:  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   I am quite happy to backtrack to posting girlie pi...  
WikiWatch   If I was to raise an issue on some topic that Nor...  
EricBarbour   I am quite happy to backtrack to posting girlie p...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   I don't give a rat's ass how many girlie p...  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)