FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Oversight by HU12 for Durova Barnstars -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oversight by HU12 for Durova Barnstars, They really do want them, and she still really *is *popular
Disillusioned Lackey

Unregistered

Is this what it has come to? Please

I want to hand a barnstar to everyone who played a significant role in this major undertaking. Excellent work! Please list the usernames of people who deserve that thanks. DurovaCharge! 22:05, 7 December 2007 (UTC)

Kohs first commented on the lack of responses at 8 Dec UMT. So did JCache, and me (who made cricket noises). Suddenly there was a pre-dated post from HU12, giving names for candidates for the barnstar.

Off hand, Jeffpw and Save_Us did an excellent job doing a large chunk of the cleanup, couldn't have been easy. I'm sure many more were involved in the cleanup portion of this, as there were ton of links. Hope they come forward. Others, of course, MER-C A. B. Mr.Z-man.. "mee toos", im sure are welcome. --Hu12 (talk) 22:40, 7 December 2007 (UTC)

[b]

# (cur) (last) 07:00, 8 December 2007 Beagel (Talk | contribs) (50,508 bytes) (→Please replace references - apology) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 22:47, 7 December 2007 Hu12 (Talk | contribs) (50,127 bytes) (→Credit where credit is due) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 22:46, 7 December 2007 Hu12 (Talk | contribs) (50,094 bytes) (→Credit where credit is due) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 22:41, 7 December 2007 Hu12 (Talk | contribs) (49,876 bytes) (→Credit where credit is due) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 22:40, 7 December 2007 Hu12 (Talk | contribs) (49,860 bytes) (→Credit where credit is due - agree) (undo)

# (cur) (last) 22:06, 7 December 2007 Durova (Talk | contribs) (49,507 bytes) (Credit where credit is due) (undo)

It really has come down to such small things for them (or her).

I'm convinced HU12 is either Durova or Virgin Griffiths, who she was doing some joint wikiscanner (or perhaps other counter-cyber-whatever) work with.

This post has been edited by Disillusioned Lackey:
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sat 8th December 2007, 4:48pm) *

Is this what it has come to? Please (I copied my post from another thread)

I want to hand a barnstar to everyone who played a significant role in this major undertaking. Excellent work! Please list the usernames of people who deserve that thanks. DurovaCharge! 22:05, 7 December 2007 (UTC)

(***** SOUNDS OF CRICKETS *****)

Shortly after this, the page was oversighted and refactored with a history of a submission of offers, at 22:40 7 Dec UMT. Kohs first commented on the lack of responses at 8 Dec UMT.

I'm convinced HU12 is either Durova or Virgin Griffiths, who she was doing some joint wikiscanner (or perhaps other counter-cyber-whatever) work with.

that Durova gave up admin-ity so easily tells me there's more than a 0.1000 chance that she has at least one more account with admin rights.

Hu12 is as crooked as it gets, too.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Disillusioned Lackey

Unregistered

She already "took the 5th" about "having sock accounts" to fight other sock accounts.

And let's face it - almost no one other than the severely-something'ed Jehochman (back in the good old partnership days) would make an oversight to soothe her ego (yes, yes, I know he's not an admin yet, but that's not the point). It's excessive use of oversight for anyone to do that - and ps: since when did HU12 get oversight powers? And ps: Durova's had them too, which is how she was able to refactor and hide part of her ANI pre-arbcom !! Debate case.

Oversight powers are supra-admin powers. Not just anyone has them. SV has them, but Durova wasn't supposed to - and HU12 is far too new for them. This all stinks.

It still could be Virgil Griffiths. It would be normal if he got some powers on wiki as part of his "pay" for helping Durova trip up innocent bystanders who edit via IP.

But I think it was Durova. It would be too embarassing to ask anyone, even your silly synchophant, to create fake proposers for your barnstars.

Or maybe they share the HU12 account. It has no personality. Maybe they share it like SV and Jayjg share Crum375 (which they do, oh do they ever).

+Quote Post
WhispersOfWisdom

Lee Nysted

QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sat 8th December 2007, 10:48am) *

Is this what it has come to? Please

Kohs first commented on the lack of responses at 8 Dec UMT. So did JCache, and me (who made cricket noises). Suddenly there was a pre-dated post from HU12, giving names for candidates for the barnstar.

Off hand, Jeffpw and Save_Us did an excellent job doing a large chunk of the cleanup, couldn't have been easy. I'm sure many more were involved in the cleanup portion of this, as there were ton of links. Hope they come forward. Others, of course, MER-C A. B. Mr.Z-man.. "mee toos", im sure are welcome. --Hu12 (talk) 22:40, 7 December 2007 (UTC)

[b]

# (cur) (last) 07:00, 8 December 2007 Beagel (Talk | contribs) (50,508 bytes) (→Please replace references - apology) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 22:47, 7 December 2007 Hu12 (Talk | contribs) (50,127 bytes) (→Credit where credit is due) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 22:46, 7 December 2007 Hu12 (Talk | contribs) (50,094 bytes) (→Credit where credit is due) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 22:41, 7 December 2007 Hu12 (Talk | contribs) (49,876 bytes) (→Credit where credit is due) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 22:40, 7 December 2007 Hu12 (Talk | contribs) (49,860 bytes) (→Credit where credit is due - agree) (undo)

# (cur) (last) 22:06, 7 December 2007 Durova (Talk | contribs) (49,507 bytes) (Credit where credit is due) (undo)

Is Hu12 the one that started out editing nothing but sex stuff? That was pointed out to me just recently. I thought maybe that would have been a sock of some sexy girl; maybe someone that worked with Jimmy Wales at his former site?

Sorry, that is FT2 !!! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)

This post has been edited by WhispersOfWisdom:
+Quote Post
Disillusioned Lackey

Unregistered

QUOTE(WhispersOfWisdom @ Sat 8th December 2007, 10:59am) *

Is Hu12 the one that started out editing nothing but sex stuff? That was pointed out to me just recently. I thought maybe that would have been a sock of some sexy girl; maybe someone that worked with Jimmy Wales at his former site?

Then its either Virgil Griffiths, or Durova trying to toss her scent off the account. Or, maybe they share it.

Normally, Durova wouldn't take a person who likes to edit sex stuff on as a protogee. She usually wants to kill these people.

+Quote Post
WhispersOfWisdom

Lee Nysted

QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sat 8th December 2007, 11:05am) *

QUOTE(WhispersOfWisdom @ Sat 8th December 2007, 10:59am) *

Then its either Virgil Griffiths, or Durova trying to toss her scent off the account. Or, maybe they share it.

Normally, Durova wouldn't take a person who likes to edit sex stuff on as a protogee. She usually wants to kill these people.

Sorry...I was just told that I was thinking of FT2. Maybe a former Jimmy associate?
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

was that actual "oversight" or was that a typical Crum375-style "delete and selectively restore the edits you like".
+Quote Post
Disillusioned Lackey

Unregistered

QUOTE(WhispersOfWisdom @ Sat 8th December 2007, 11:07am) *

Sorry...I was just told that I was thinking of FT2. Maybe a former Jimmy associate?

Why does someone have to have been related to Bomis to edit sex articles? Why would a former associate of Jimmy be so vested in Durova's fragile ego that they's make three complex edits" to borrow her terminology to a simple proposal for barnstars (three careful edits, with links to names). NO WAY.

The only person who'd bother to refactor history to cover up her lagging popularity is Durova. If I'm correct here, and this ever is dicovered (and she is bound to out herself in a bigger way eventually) there will be hell to pay. Not from us. Who cares about us. But most of Wikipedia is pissed off at her. Not to mention that the mainstream press has been following this tory. They haven't reported about this, but they know who she is. And when she comes out as being Durova, it will be a major dirtstorm the likes of which you've never seen. No wonder Angela resigned from this playground. She's serious. (and no wonder she didn't speak directly to Durova).

Edit 1

:Off hand, [[User:Jeffpw|Jeffpw]] and [[User:Save Us 229|<font color="007FFF">Save_Us</font>]] did an excellent job doing a large chunk of the cleanup, couldn't have been easy. I'm sure many more were involved in the cleanup, as there were ton of links. Hope they come forward.--[[User:Hu12|Hu12]] ([[User talk:Hu12|talk]]) 22:40, 7 December 2007 (UTC)

Edit 2

:Off hand, [[User:Jeffpw|Jeffpw]] and [[User:Save Us 229|<font color="007FFF">Save_Us</font>]] did an excellent job doing a large chunk of the cleanup, couldn't have been easy. I'm sure many more were involved in the cleanup portion of this, as there were ton of links. Hope they come forward.--[[User:Hu12|Hu12]] ([[User talk:Hu12|talk]]) 22:40, 7 December 2007 (UTC)

Edit 3
:Off hand, [[User:Jeffpw|Jeffpw]] and [[User:Save Us 229|<font color="007FFF">Save_Us</font>]] did an excellent job doing a large chunk of the cleanup, couldn't have been easy. I'm sure many more were involved in the cleanup portion of this, as there were ton of links. Hope they come forward. Others, of course, [[User:MER-C|MER-C]] [[User:A. B.|A. B.]] [[User:Mr.Z-man|<font color="#056366">Mr.</font>]]''[[User talk:Mr.Z-man|<font color="#056625">'''Z-'''</font><font color="#054F66">man</font>]]</font>''.. --[[User:Hu12|Hu12]] ([[User talk:Hu12|talk]]) 22:40, 7 December 2007 (UTC)

+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

not to say that hu12 is or isnt durova, but i've seen many instances on WP of people who are compelled to sychophantically groom other's WP pages in defense.

crum375 isn't SV, but is a regular delete-restore groomer of SV's nits.

Any opp to remove vandalism also was an opp to remove edits by SV herself that were compromising. baby and bathwater.
+Quote Post
Disillusioned Lackey

Unregistered

Don't you think Crum could have lent her his account? Crum is supposed to be a guy, but sometimes "he" is very much like SV.

On the same note, HU12 seems to be either a shared account, with a male (maybe VG) or Durova's own sock.

+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sat 8th December 2007, 5:19pm) *

Don't you think Crum could have lent her his account? Crum is supposed to be a guy, but sometimes "he" is very much like SV.

On the same note, HU12 seems to be either a shared account, with a male (maybe VG) or Durova's own sock.

hard to prove anything - unlike durova i won't prove something without actual facts. could be.

here's what I "know" about Crum375.

He/she started out objectively editing, and actually came in conflict with jayjg/sv early on. he ( i think a he) probably crossed SV's paths on Lockerbie. Crum375 is mostly an aero article editor, and quite in interest in air crash forensics.

I believe he just gained strong sympathy for SV/others for what he believed to be his wikifriends getting "attacked". When our friends are shown to be doing something wrong, we often knee-jerk to their defense, unconditionally, and call it "attacks". human nature.

He's compromised WP ethics to do what he thinks is the ends justifying the means. Just as SV does with her Lockerbie/Salinger/PETA POV Warrior schtick. His entire SPA now is to defend team SV.

I dont think Crum has socks - he doesn't need them as long as the Arbcom/SV team is using his wikifriendship to defend all things they do, no matter if the means dont justify the ends.

we all do things that we feel justify the ends. i'm probably oversympathetic of the people i am appalled at, though. i'd like to think i have some sympathy for the weakness of man, while equally hoping those who let their weaknesses lead to the wrong ends will be removed from the positions that give them the ability to perpetuate those wrongs.

some of the sleuthing conclusions i read here are the flip-side of the fallacies that led WP to be able to ban me as a wordbomb sock- overstock meatpuppet. let's be better than "them". let's objectively "prove" such things.

This post has been edited by Piperdown:
+Quote Post
Disillusioned Lackey

Unregistered

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Sat 8th December 2007, 11:31am) *

let's be better than "them". let's objectively "prove" such things.

Oh I hate having to be better than "them" (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/huh.gif)

On another note, in putting this stuff up, I've wound up with some nifty cookies, some which are keyloggers (serving-sys.com - and I had about 6 variations of this beaut), and others the routine session tracking stuff.

I clean my cookies pretty regularly when I've had anything to do with Wikipedia, and I'm finding that I wind up with scads of them lately. Not editing Wikipedia, which I haven't done for ages. But just looking up diffs and things. I should reset my settings so all new cookies give me a flag - actually I'll do that now.

I'd bet that Jehocman's contribtution to sleuthing was teaching them to use cookies for tracking devices, so they could monitor web browser activity (if not insert keyloggers) on some pages (maybe certain WP pages) to monitor supposed vandals.

For the sake of the argument, Texas jurisprudence ruled that cookies were a form of cyberstalking, a while back. I'm just saying...

+Quote Post
Amarkov

Ãœber Member

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 3,635

Wait, this doesn't make sense. There is no record of any deletions, and oversight isn't reversible. Are we really saying that some developer is so concerned about Durova that they would blatantly fabricate an edit, or is there some way to do this I'm missing?
+Quote Post
tarantino

the Dude abides

Crum375 was, by her admission, an early student and friend of the husband and wife aerobatics team, The French Connection. Their school opened at an upstate NY airport in the 70s. They both died in a training accident in 2000.

Crum's also interested in scuba diving and winter sports. My impression is she is a middle-aged adventuress who feels a certain kinship with SV.
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

QUOTE(tarantino @ Sat 8th December 2007, 6:23pm) *

Crum375 was, by her admission, an early student and friend of the husband and wife aerobatics team, The French Connection. Their school opened at an upstate NY airport in the 70s. They both died in a training accident in 2000.

Crum's also interested in scuba diving and winter sports. My impression is she is a middle-aged adventuress who feels a certain kinship with SV.

so under WP logic that makes her(?) a French Connection meatpuppet.

Alert Det Popeye Doyle....
+Quote Post
Disillusioned Lackey

Unregistered

QUOTE(Amarkov @ Sat 8th December 2007, 12:15pm) *

Wait, this doesn't make sense. There is no record of any deletions, and oversight isn't reversible. Are we really saying that some developer is so concerned about Durova that they would blatantly fabricate an edit, or is there some way to do this I'm missing?

All I know is that (on one of the WR pages) Kohs mentioned it on the 8th, with the comment "no one wants her barnstars", Cache answered, then I came along and made the joke about cricket noises.

Suddenly there was an answer, dated the evening of the 7th, with three edits, as I described.

I have no idea how that happened.

But for sure, when I made that cricket edit, there was nothing online.

Maybe one hour or 30 minutes later? It had been there since last night.

Go figure.
+Quote Post
guy

Postmaster General

Member No.: 23

QUOTE(WhispersOfWisdom @ Sat 8th December 2007, 4:59pm) *

Sorry, that is FT2 !!! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)

I've missed something here. What do we know about FT2, given that he/she is a shoe-in for ArbCom?
+Quote Post
KamrynMatika

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sat 8th December 2007, 7:51pm) *

QUOTE(Amarkov @ Sat 8th December 2007, 12:15pm) *

All I know is that (on one of the WR pages) Kohs mentioned it on the 8th, with the comment "no one wants her barnstars", Cache answered, then I came along and made the joke about cricket noises.

Suddenly there was an answer, dated the evening of the 7th, with three edits, as I described.

Go figure.

Even if something funky was going on, there was no oversight involved. Oversight can't change the times of edits.
+Quote Post
Amarkov

Ãœber Member

Member No.: 3,635

QUOTE(KamrynMatika @ Sat 8th December 2007, 1:55pm) *

QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sat 8th December 2007, 7:51pm) *

Go figure.

Even if something funky was going on, there was no oversight involved. Oversight can't change the times of edits.

I know there's something going on; I distinctly remember seeing the page with no responses a significant amount of time after those edits claim to have been made. But it's not as simple as "oh look, Hu12 is a Durova sock", and we need to figure out what actually happened.
+Quote Post
Snowey

Group: Contributors

Do not forget that Durova was Hu12's "admin coach" and his RFA nominator.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)