FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Requests for new "Notable Editors" fora -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Requests for new "Notable Editors" fora
biographco

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 1,201

I would like to add "Walloon" and Willbeback" as well as "DTobias" who actually threatened me in a harmful way in writing. You can read the scathing discussion on the article about our company at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:American...mpany/archive_1

We even reported these individuals to federal authorities it got so bad.

Thanks!

Thomas R. Bond II
Biograph Company
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Amarkov

Ãœber Member

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 3,635

QUOTE(biographco @ Sun 17th February 2008, 5:05pm) *

I would like to add "Walloon" and Willbeback" as well as "DTobias" who actually threatened me in a harmful way in writing. You can read the scathing discussion on the article about our company at:

Thanks!

Thomas R. Bond II
Biograph Company

It looks to me like you were threatening people with a lawsuit so that they'd let you write the article how you wished.
+Quote Post
dogbiscuit

Could you run through Verifiability not Truth once more?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,015

QUOTE(Amarkov @ Mon 18th February 2008, 1:08am) *

It looks to me like you were threatening people with a lawsuit so that they'd let you write the article how you wished.

Hmm, I'd like to see the WP:COI and WP:V interpretation for the self-reference to their own website that asserts they are going to start filming on the moon - in 2008. Come on, NASA can barely get the space shuttle into orbit and back, let alone send all the caterers required for a proper film shoot all that way.

+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(biographco @ Mon 18th February 2008, 1:05am) *

(IMG:http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb311/Kato90125/Katosmileyhappy.jpg)
+Quote Post
dtobias

Obsessive trolling idiot [per JzG]

Member No.: 962

I'm flattered to be nominated, and I thank my mom and dad and... Well, wait a minute, I looked at the page you linked, and I didn't even see any comments by myself there, though I'm sure I did comment on the silliness of some of your claims back when you were blustering about them.
+Quote Post
biographco

QUOTE(Amarkov @ Sun 17th February 2008, 5:08pm) *

Thanks!

Thomas R. Bond II
Biograph Company

No, we do not tollerate having false information on the company. This is why we proposed legal recourse, the the article the way "We" wanted it. If a group writes false or misleading information, then it is up to that said individual to respond. It is amazing how many "Wikipedeans" come over to WR (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 17th February 2008, 5:24pm) *

QUOTE(biographco @ Mon 18th February 2008, 1:05am) *

(IMG:http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb311/Kato90125/Katosmileyhappy.jpg)

Thank you Kato. Also, thanks for the link and being fair.

QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Sun 17th February 2008, 5:22pm) *

Hmm, I'd like to see the WP:COI and WP:V interpretation for the self-reference to their own website that asserts they are going to start filming on the moon - in 2008. Come on, NASA can barely get the space shuttle into orbit and back, let alone send all the caterers required for a proper film shoot all that way.

Wow, the moon again... And, insults to boot! This is really relevant to if the company (Ours) is Biograph Company. I see... Again, how many of you "Wikipedeans are coming over to WR now? Hmmmmm (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
biographco

QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Sun 17th February 2008, 5:22pm) *

One note I will leave, since I will not be replying to any other unusual postings. We are happy to be Biograph Company. We are happy and honored to be the oldest movie company in America. We are happy that we are recognized by legitimate organizations, publications, government credentials, and awards. It is very sad that the only "Small" world that enjoys falsehoods, vengence and yellow journalism is "Wikipedia" and that most of the unqualified editors without merit or background enjoy boasting of themselves while hurting others. It takes really "Big" people to do this. In essence, it is not "Defending" or "Rebuttal" but a battle that I do not want a part of. It is also very pathetic that individuals have nothing better to do with thier time than to build false credentials of being "Editors" out of thier basements or bedrooms, when they cannot accomplish anything in the "Real" world. "Wikipedia" will continue on its course, and many will follow with the attitude of descent. But it is not just irony that these poor individuals are harming themselves by harming others, but that they are not even aware of the harm they commit to themselves.

We do thank all of our supporters at WR keep up the good work.

This post has been edited by biographco:
+Quote Post
dogbiscuit

QUOTE(biographco @ Mon 18th February 2008, 7:47am) *

We are happy and honored to be the oldest movie company in America.

I don't see why a company is surprised that there are sarcastic comments about its presentation of its view of the world when that company plays such silly games as suggesting that having been dormant for 70 years and then using the same brand name gives some claim to fame that they were the last company to convert to sound. The repetition of self-congratulatory puff pieces is exactly the sort of thing that brings Wikipedia into disrepute and is why the conflict of interest policy is required.

By all means put all the fantasy advertising exaggerations and distortions on your own web site, but don't be surprised that you get called on it. You don't seem to like Walloon because he is quite rightly questioning the validity of the company's claims, and when you called him on it, he produced some pretty good research to back up his position.

I'm pretty sure that WR members are independent thinkers and are not your supporters just because we have concerns about the operation of WP.
+Quote Post
biographco

QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Mon 18th February 2008, 2:34am) *

I don't see why a company is surprised that there are sarcastic comments about its presentation of its view of the world when that company plays such silly games as suggesting that having been dormant for 70 years and then using the same brand name gives some claim to fame that they were the last company to convert to sound. The repetition of self-congratulatory puff pieces is exactly the sort of thing that brings Wikipedia into disrepute and is why the conflict of interest policy is required.

By all means put all the fantasy advertising exaggerations and distortions on your own web site, but don't be surprised that you get called on it. You don't seem to like Walloon because he is quite rightly questioning the validity of the company's claims, and when you called him on it, he produced some pretty good research to back up his position.

I'm pretty sure that WR members are independent thinkers and are not your supporters just because we have concerns about the operation of WP.

+Quote Post
biographco

QUOTE(biographco @ Mon 18th February 2008, 10:19am) *

This is very amusing how you over at Wikipedia (Not WR) enjoy invading WR and telling the people at WR the way they think! Bravo! We have no problem with sarcastic comments, or even your agenda of opinions, as long as it stays "Opinions". In this case, "Wikipedia" is stating this as verifiable "Fact". This we have a problem with. Denying all of the references positive about the company, and only including negative is complete bias and agenda driven. Also, why do you have a grudge againt this company? What is your hidden agenda? If you need to question any validity of ours, you are welcome to e-mail our legal represenative (NO - THIS IS NOT A LEGAL SUIT THREAT) for they represent us as an agent to an actor. Any questions you have can be verified.

On self-congradulatory, it shows you need to do your research a little better. We are not only documented, but recognized by others far more reputable than an amateur editors at Wikipedia.... Who is Walloon? What are his qualifications? What is his or her "Reputable background"? As I stated before, you hide behind the PC world to dish out barbs and insults, for it is safe. We are out in the open. Our contact information and references are there to be seen. Come out and play... No, you stay in the shadows. Again, I go back to our original statement, which you could not respond to, except for in a hostile and insulting way. That is your opinion, that is your freedom.

+Quote Post
dogbiscuit

QUOTE(biographco @ Mon 18th February 2008, 6:31pm) *

This is very amusing how you over at Wikipedia (Not WR) enjoy invading WR and telling the people at WR the way they think!

I'm just some guy, (certainly) not WP, not WR, though I would like to think I've got more of an idea about WR than you appear to have, and I'd like to think I am a little more the "We" of WR rather than the "They".

I make a simple point, that the public image you project from your website is not credible, it is marketing fluff. You can bluster and be offended, it may be that the approach works for your business where image is important, but I cannot see what you hope to achieve by arguing black is white. Stay away from zebra crossings!
+Quote Post
biographco

QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Mon 18th February 2008, 10:56am) *

QUOTE(biographco @ Mon 18th February 2008, 6:31pm) *

This is very amusing how you over at Wikipedia (Not WR) enjoy invading WR and telling the people at WR the way they think!

I'm just some guy, (certainly) not WP, not WR, though I would like to think I've got more of an idea about WR than you appear to have, and I'd like to think I am a little more the "We" of WR rather than the "They".

I make a simple point, that the public image you project from your website is not credible, it is marketing fluff. You can bluster and be offended, it may be that the approach works for your business where image is important, but I cannot see what you hope to achieve by arguing black is white. Stay away from zebra crossings!

Sir, I could care less about opinions, and welcome criticism. Using the terminology that was used was inflamitory and aggressive. This is why the response was as it was. Many companies that are production have PR "Fluff" if you will. The Biograph Company is not "Fluff". We are very legitimate and real. We are and do legitimate business. WSe have no hidden agenda. We urge you to research and look. Any questions to anything we are completely open to, as long as it is presented in a non aggressive and logical way. That is all. And, put into a non aggressive inquiry, we have no problem with legitimate criticism or questions.

+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Member No.: 3,670

I think I'll wait for someone to make this thread into a movie.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Member No.: 130

I would like to add "Walloon" and Willbeback" as well as "DTobias" who actually threatened me in a harmful way in writing.
I am pleased to announce that Will Beback has made the cut! I've been rooting for him. DTobias, on the other hand, only has three threads devoted to his conduct, and Walloon isn't on the radar screen at all.

Note to Kato: we now have the Dirty Dozen.
+Quote Post
biographco

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Tue 19th February 2008, 1:56pm) *

I would like to add "Walloon" and Willbeback" as well as "DTobias" who actually threatened me in a harmful way in writing.
I am pleased to announce that Will Beback has made the cut! I've been rooting for him. DTobias, on the other hand, only has three threads devoted to his conduct, and Walloon isn't on the radar screen at all.

Note to Kato: we now have the Dirty Dozen.

Hi, this is great. However, you need to go to the our article page. Walloon is the spearhead, tons of nasty stuff.

+Quote Post
jinxmchue

Neophyte

Orangemarlin should be added to the list. He's a real piece of work (read: "crap"). You can read about some of his shenanigans here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...er:Orangemarlin

And you can read the ultimate outcome of that here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...20565263#Closed

Despite all this, Orangemarlin continues to toe the line with his comments.
+Quote Post
Firsfron of Ronchester

Member No.: 1,715

QUOTE(biographco @ Sun 17th February 2008, 6:05pm) *

Thanks!

Thomas R. Bond II
Biograph Company

Where are the harmful threats? Where is the slander?
+Quote Post
Viridae

Fat Cat

You again biographco. Really...
+Quote Post
Firsfron of Ronchester

Member No.: 1,715

QUOTE(Viridae @ Sun 22nd June 2008, 10:45pm) *

Nope, his post is from February; I was hoping he was still around to clarify.
+Quote Post
Viridae

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Firsfron of Ronchester @ Mon 23rd June 2008, 3:50pm) *

QUOTE(Viridae @ Sun 22nd June 2008, 10:45pm) *

Nope, his post is from February; I was hoping he was still around to clarify.

Oh thank god for that.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)