FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
William Connolley demands topic ban be lifted -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> William Connolley demands topic ban be lifted, on Climate Change articles
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

Group: Regulars

Right here. I am impressed by his imperious style. Obviously everyone should bow down before him.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
SB_Johnny

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Wed 5th October 2011, 1:36pm) *

Right here. I am impressed by his imperious style. Obviously everyone should bow down before him.

More power to him. The guy pretty much got banned for being a bit harsh on people who deserved it, from what I understand.
+Quote Post
Guido den Broeder

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Thu 6th October 2011, 1:32am) *

More power to him. The guy pretty much got banned for being a bit harsh on people who deserved it, from what I understand.

Really? When he was an administrator, the guy banned me from Wikipedia when I asked him not to editwar with another user over spelling. Others were treated in a similar fashion.
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(Guido den Broeder @ Thu 6th October 2011, 8:53am) *

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Thu 6th October 2011, 1:32am) *

Really? When he was an administrator, the guy banned me from Wikipedia when I asked him not to editwar with another user over spelling. Others were treated in a similar fashion.

Fortunately for WMC, Wikipedia doesn't have a "Child of Privilege-big-ego, artificially affected misanthropic, jaded, high-falooting" activist rule, or he would have been sent on his way long ago.

Here's the thing, I truly don't belive that WMC, Stephan Schulz, Kim Dabelstein Peterson, or Short Brigade Harvester Boris are really scientists, because I can't belive that true scientists would act as deceitfully, dishonestly, or as insecurely and cowardly as they act. If they are really scientists, I would like to know which universities they teach at to ensure that I don't send my kids to those bush league institutions. To be clear, I respect scientists who truly believe in man-made global warming but recognize that they might be wrong. The ones who don't are the ones who try to use Wikipedia to artificially socialize their positions.
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Sun 9th October 2011, 5:44pm) *

Here's the thing, I truly don't belive that WMC, Stephan Schulz, Kim Dabelstein Peterson, or Short Brigade Harvester Boris are really scientists, because I can't belive that true scientists would act as deceitfully, dishonestly, or as insecurely and cowardly as they act. If they are really scientists, I would like to know which universities they teach at to ensure that I don't send my kids to those bush league institutions. To be clear, I respect scientists who truly believe in man-made global warming but recognize that they might be wrong. The ones who don't are the ones who try to use Wikipedia to artificially socialize their positions.

You clearly haven't been in a seminar room-full of philosophers.
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sun 9th October 2011, 4:53pm) *

Actually, I have. The scientists and philosophers who are the most humble in their advocacy are the ones I hope my kids have the good fortune to encounter. You want me to name some names? The Japanese ones probably won't have en.wikipediai entries.

This post has been edited by Cla68:
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Sun 9th October 2011, 2:02pm) *

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sun 9th October 2011, 4:53pm) *

Actually, I have. The scientists and philosophers who are the most humble in their advocacy are the ones I hope my kids have the good fortune to encounter. You want me to name some names? The Japanese ones probably won't have en.wikipediai entries.

Cough.

I never understood when scientists and philosophers some how gained a reputation for civility, when they were always a rather hostile and competitive bunch.
+Quote Post
Detective

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 14th October 2011, 4:27am) *

I never understood when scientists and philosophers some how gained a reputation for civility, when they were always a rather hostile and competitive bunch.

Hmmm - maybe they only seemed hostile because of whom they were dealing with? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

Seriously, plenty of scientists have been noted for their charming and courteous behaviour. People who come to mind include William Herschel, Michael Faraday and Robert Bunsen.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)