FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Tara Hunt -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Tara Hunt, one of Jimmy's old friends
thekohser

Group: Regulars

I stumbled across this video today, an interview between Tara Hunt and Jimmy Wales. (Thanks to what appears to be a botched editing job, you'll want to let the video run for about 40 seconds before paying attention.)

Ms. Hunt describes Jimmy as one of her friends and heroes, though it's been so long since they last chatted, she thought he still lived in San Francisco, unaware that (Golden Acres) Florida is where he puts down roots now.

I got to researching just what Tara Hunt does for a living, and it's difficult to understand how she pays the bills. She apparently identifies as a "consultant", running a website called HorsePigCow.com, which according to Alexa reaches about one-half the people and garners about one-fifth the page views that Wikipedia Review does.

She claims to have founded Citizen Agency, but then left it in early 2009, and they haven't blogged about themselves since October 2007.

When Tara and Jimmy were both living in San Francisco, they "could never see each other there", but they would meet up in Paris or London, at conferences and such.

Seriously, what is the means of income for someone like Tara Hunt? I didn't spy a wedding band.

Other tidbits:

04:10 -- Jimmy Wales: "I have a friend who is a TV host in Saudi Arabia. And she..."

05:16 -- Jimmy Wales' copy of the book, The Victorian Internet, was given to him by Marc Andreesen. Marc used to date his co-founder of Ning, Gina Bianchini, whom we've discussed here before, but has recently stepped down from Ning... into Marc's venture capital firm.

For more of my thoughts on this video snippet, you may join the conversation here.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
thekohser

Group: Regulars

Tara's company "Buyosphere" just e-mailed me, and I have to say they are at least raising the bar a little, coming up with innovative shopping ideas such as:

Maybe Tara's headed in the right direction!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)