The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Discussions in this subforum are hidden from search engines.

However, they are not hidden from automobile engines, including the newer, more "environmentally-friendly" electric and hybrid engines. Also, please note that this subforum is meant to be used for discussion of the actual biographical articles themselves; more generalized discussions of BLP policy should be posted in the General Discussion or Bureaucracy forums.

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Encyclopedia Dramatica (Encyclopaedia), No more MediaWiki?
A Horse With No Name
post Fri 22nd April 2011, 11:03am
Post #61

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 9,985

QUOTE(Tarc @ Thu 21st April 2011, 11:24pm) *
My real-life nickname is also that is also that of a famous musician

Hopefully, not this famous musician:

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
carbuncle
post Fri 22nd April 2011, 1:08pm
Post #62

Fat Cat

Member No.: 5,544

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 22nd April 2011, 8:32am) *

QUOTE(Silver seren @ Wed 20th April 2011, 6:00pm) *

Wow, Anonymous sure has fallen from the days when it actually meant something. It had a purpose, a goal, and actually worked to better the world. Now it has disintegrated into useless people like Sven.

And let's not forget SchuminWeb, that paragon of Wikipedia administrators and Anonymous members. yecch.gif

Wait...what? Anonymous? Bettering the world? Anonymous has always been nothing more or less than a bunch of trolls whose collective goal is to make themselves feel superior by making someone else feel bad, usually taken to extremes that border on sociopathic. It is the internet's version of mob mentality. Anonymous tends to pick on the softest, easiest targets, which is why they seem to go after teenage girls, people with mental or physical disabilities, freaks, etc.

Before someone brings up the great "Anonymous versus the Church of Scientology" crusade as a righteous cause, it ain't. It gives Anonymous a nemesis - a big scary shadowy entity that has a history of persecuting its enemies. And the perfect nemesis because virtually no one likes the CoS, so who is going to get upset outside of Scientologists and a few whiny people who actually believe in freedom of religion? Even better, kids can get dressed up in a mask and act like a troll in public and people might think they are some kind of hero, ignoring the fact that the CoS may have gone after reporters and ex-members but they probably aren't much interested in a bunch of kids handing out pamphlets and blocking their doors.

Anonymous have lionized a few former members of the CoS who are still adherents to the very doctrines that Anonymous mock, despite having split from "the Church". Xenu, anyone? And if there finally stop being any lulz to be had from the CoS, Anonymous will move on to something else that relies on mocking, belittling, bullying, and generally acting out their own feelings of worthlessness. Yes, it used to mean something, indeed.
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez
post Fri 22nd April 2011, 1:14pm
Post #63

Über Member

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 24,428

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=6725...887&topic=54246

Guessing this is Meepsheep? lol at "Why the fuck does no one care?" This guy is a serious attention-seeker.
+Quote Post
Theanima
post Fri 22nd April 2011, 2:53pm
Post #64

Member No.: 18,566

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Fri 22nd April 2011, 1:14pm) *

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=6725...887&topic=54246

Guessing this is Meepsheep? lol at "Why the fuck does no one care?" This guy is a serious attention-seeker.

As well as a serious psychopath.
+Quote Post
Silver seren
post Fri 22nd April 2011, 8:39pm
Post #65

Member No.: 36,940

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Fri 22nd April 2011, 8:32am) *

QUOTE(Silver seren @ Wed 20th April 2011, 6:00pm) *

Wow, Anonymous sure has fallen from the days when it actually meant something. It had a purpose, a goal, and actually worked to better the world. Now it has disintegrated into useless people like Sven.

And let's not forget SchuminWeb, that paragon of Wikipedia administrators and Anonymous members. yecch.gif

On that note, you reminded me about our missing writer, so I went ahead and fixed that.

Chet Faliszek (T-H-L-K-D)

Still working on it, obviously.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour
post Fri 22nd April 2011, 9:18pm
Post #66

blah

Member No.: 5,066

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Silver seren @ Fri 22nd April 2011, 1:39pm) *

On that note, you reminded me about our missing writer, so I went ahead and fixed that.
Chet Faliszek (T-H-L-K-D)
Still working on it, obviously.

That's nice. Why don't you tell Schumin about it, and see how long it lasts before he starts messing with it?
+Quote Post
Silver seren
post Fri 22nd April 2011, 9:41pm
Post #67

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

I'd like to see him try. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez
post Tue 26th April 2011, 12:49pm
Post #68

Über Member

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/User_talk:Wnt

The longer the fight on Talk:Encyclopedia_Dramatica goes on; the more interesting and dramatic it becomes. They're desperate for the frame (and legitimacy, perhaps?) a mention on a Wikipedia article may give them.
+Quote Post
Silver seren
post Tue 26th April 2011, 5:37pm
Post #69

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Thank you, Michael, for that link.

Edit: Post #69. Amusing.

This post has been edited by Silver seren: Tue 26th April 2011, 11:25pm
+Quote Post
Selina
post Thu 28th April 2011, 4:51pm
Post #70

Cat herder

Group: Staffy
Member No.: 1

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Tue 26th April 2011, 1:49pm) *

http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/User_talk:Wnt

The longer the fight on Talk:Encyclopedia_Dramatica goes on; the more interesting and dramatic it becomes. They're desperate for the frame (and legitimacy, perhaps?) a mention on a Wikipedia article may give them.

This 'oh internet' site of yours seems to be spinning so hard it's almost taking off into space, I had a look at the article on ED there, it looks like you (well, ok, I guess that is probably 99% Sherrod that is writing that stuff) are trying to put the blame all on a minority of 'trolls', trying to make out that there was some kind of golden age or something when it was funny and cute and rainbows and butterflies or something instead of FROM THE START formed from a group dedicated to harassment (LJ drama). Seriously, who does anyone think they are fooling? tongue.gif

I don't know how anyone is expected to take the claims of former Ohinternet former Encyclopedia Dramatica admins seriously as they were all active users on the site - one and the same, just greedier. Pretty insidious the way you seem to try shift responsibility and attempt to rewrite history... Hate it when people smoothly lie without compunction like that, it's the same kind of sociopathic, manipulative, slimy-as-hell ethos that high-ranking Wikipedia users tend to have.
+Quote Post
Daniel Brandt
post Thu 28th April 2011, 7:24pm
Post #71

Postmaster

Member No.: 77

Which users from the old ED have crossed over and are now users on ED.CH? I'll start off the list. Zaiger was once an admin on the old ED and is now a fanboy of ED.CH. He plans to resurrect my old ED bio, which was deleted seven months ago. Zaiger has already been doxed.

As a replacement for the hivemind-like wall of admins from the old ED that was featured on josephevers.blogspot.com, perhaps we need a wall of ED-to-ED.CH migrants. Feel free to add to the list, either in this thread or send an email to jevers.ceo AT gmail.com. Usernames only in this thread, please. If you have dox info, send it via email.
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez
post Thu 28th April 2011, 7:51pm
Post #72

Über Member

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Selina @ Thu 28th April 2011, 5:51pm) *
This 'oh internet' site of yours seems to be spinning so hard it's almost taking off into space, I had a look at the article on ED there, it looks like you (well, ok, I guess that is probably 99% Sherrod that is writing that stuff) are trying to put the blame all on a minority of 'trolls', trying to make out that there was some kind of golden age or something when it was funny and cute and rainbows and butterflies or something instead of FROM THE START formed from a group dedicated to harassment (LJ drama). Seriously, who does anyone think they are fooling? tongue.gif

I don't know how anyone is expected to take the claims of former Ohinternet former Encyclopedia Dramatica admins seriously as they were all active users on the site - one and the same, just greedier. Pretty insidious the way you seem to try shift responsibility and attempt to rewrite history... Hate it when people smoothly lie without compunction like that, it's the same kind of sociopathic, manipulative, slimy-as-hell ethos that high-ranking Wikipedia users tend to have.

http://ohinternet.com/index.php?title=Ency...030&oldid=22682

Hipcrime wrote that, and I don't endorse that view. I joined ED in October 2009, and I was a part of ED culture of that time. I had to write ohinternet's articles on trolling and anonymity since the others grew so distant from culture that created ED in the first place. As I've said previously, I was never enthusiastic for ohinternet. I preferred ED and decided not to accept sysop rights on ohinternet. I've made it clear that I dislike Web 2.0 and the incorporating of social networking features. I never shared Sherrod's vision, but what can I do when the site owner gives in to the pain and pressure?

I keep telling Sherrod and the others not to alienate and antagonize our former fanbase, but they don't accept my views as valid. I also told her to make a blog post about the change instead of doing interviews. The interviews don't answer the questions the fanbase cares more about (eg. Why aren't there archives available?). "Shock for shock’s sake is old at this point" is far from a satisfactory answer. She needs to speak to the userbase, not to Gawker. You don't need a business degree in order to understand basic PR.

They've been sysops for so long that they actually started believe that they're a step above the fanbase. The people they were demeaning were the same people who built ED. I even started to believe what they believed when Meepsheep began advertising his Justin Bieber Facebook Project on the fork.

QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Thu 28th April 2011, 8:24pm) *
Which users from the old ED have crossed over and are now users on ED.CH? I'll start off the list. Zaiger was once an admin on the old ED and is now a fanboy of ED.CH. He plans to resurrect my old ED bio, which was deleted seven months ago. Zaiger has already been doxed.

I told Sherrod that banning him was a mistake. Zaiger is very passionate.

QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Thu 28th April 2011, 8:24pm) *
As a replacement for the hivemind-like wall of admins from the old ED that was featured on josephevers.blogspot.com, perhaps we need a wall of ED-to-ED.CH migrants. Feel free to add to the list, either in this thread or send an email to jevers.ceo AT gmail.com. Usernames only in this thread, please. If you have dox info, send it via email.

There's me (you have my dox already), but all I did was argue with a person who has a grudge against me and give some advice on CSS and HTML. I'm not on ed.ch in order to be a member.

This post has been edited by Michaeldsuarez: Thu 28th April 2011, 7:53pm
+Quote Post
zaiger
post Sat 21st May 2011, 2:42pm
Post #73

Neophyte

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,131

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Before you all get your panties in a bunch how about some facts:

Meepsheep is a teenage girl as well. A teenage girl who has been told to not do that shit anymore or she will lose her Admins. ED is not a trolling organization, but if a member takes it upon themselves to troll, what can we do other than that? Nothing. The page was deleted as soon as we realized what she was doing. One teenage girl was trolling other teenage girls, sorry but that is just how the world works, we are not babysitters. We took the proper steps to nip the behavior in the bud and gave her a warning.

And Daniel, you are such hypocrite. I didn't even know who you were until you posted my face and a link to a map pointing to a house my parent's sold 20 years ago on your blog, even when I had given up my admins on ED.com 2 years prior. What's the matter, you can dish it out but not take it?

QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Thu 28th April 2011, 3:24pm) *
He plans to resurrect my old ED bio, which was deleted seven months ago. Zaiger has already been doxed.

2 sides of the same coin is right.

This post has been edited by zaiger: Sat 21st May 2011, 2:45pm
+Quote Post
Daniel Brandt
post Sat 21st May 2011, 5:54pm
Post #74

Postmaster

Member No.: 77

Meepsheep and Zaiger are two out of a total of only 12 admins on the new ED, encyclopediadramatica.ch. They are fair game — ED.ch was started by "Ryan," over Sherrod's DMCA objections, by pulling the old ED.com content from Google's cache and from archive.org. Believe it or not, ED.ch is more vulgar than the old ED.com.

I don't know about Meepsheep, but Mr. Zaiger, age 31, should know better than to team up with Ryan, age 21, who uses his botnet to illegally flood his enemies with DDoS attacks and then brags about it openly. Ryan DDoSed Sony last month, he DDoSed Dreamhost on April 30, and three days ago sent thousands of emails to the Gmail address used by josephevers.blogspot.com. Ryan used to be a prominent "leader" of Anonymous, but recently declared war on the other "leaders" of Anonymous.

Wikipedia Review has no business allowing someone like Zaiger to post here. I'd recommend blocking him, but then Ryan might DDoS this board. At that point I fear that WR's hosting provider would invite WR to find other hosting. WR may prefer to just get used to the idea that they are being held hostage by Zaiger.

By the way, Scroogle.org was DDoSed at the same time that Ryan was sending thousands of emails to the owner of josephevers.blogspot.com (I am not the owner of that blog, but I support it). At Scroogle I blocked 5,869 unique IPs until the DDoSing stopped hours later. Each IP was attempting to continuously flood Scroogle with search requests. Ryan's botnet is suspect because it happened simultaneously with the mailbombing of the blog. Unfortunately, not enough is known about Ryan's botnet to draw a firm conclusion. Here is a breakdown of the countries of origin of the IP addresses that attacked Scroogle:

Percentage of 5,869 unique IPs by country of origin
51 percent, China
20 percent, United States
5 percent, Hong Kong
5 percent, Indonesia
4 percent, Taiwan
1 percent, Brazil
1 percent, Russian Federation
1 percent, Ukraine
12 percent, all other countries combined

+Quote Post
EricBarbour
post Sun 22nd May 2011, 12:19am
Post #75

blah

Member No.: 5,066

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(zaiger @ Sat 21st May 2011, 7:42am) *
ED is not a trolling organization

laugh.gif

Wikipedia Review has no business allowing someone like Zaiger to post here. I'd recommend blocking him, but then Ryan might DDoS this board. At that point I fear that WR's hosting provider would invite WR to find other hosting. WR may prefer to just get used to the idea that they are being held hostage by Zaiger.

Or just ignore them altogether. They don't seem to be happy unless they are getting attention.
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez
post Sun 22nd May 2011, 12:42am
Post #76

Über Member

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(zaiger @ Sat 21st May 2011, 10:42am) *
One teenage girl was trolling other teenage girls, sorry but that is just how the world works, we are not babysitters. We took the proper steps to nip the behavior in the bud and gave her a warning.

No one is asking you to be babysitters; we're asking you to be reasonable publishers. You can't tell Meepsheep what to do on Facebook, but you're responsible for whether the information Meepsheep gathered is published or not. The information your website publishes is made accessible to a wide variety of people, including pedophiles and those who may wish to take advantage of the children who were doxed. Deleting that page was the right decision, and I thank you for it.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th 7 17, 8:42pm