FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
The Six Sins of the Wikipedia -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> The Six Sins of the Wikipedia, Or, "Why Sam Vaknin's bio got deleted"
Google News

RSS Feed Reader

Group: Bots

The Six Sins of the Wikipedia
Global Politician, NY - 41 minutes ago
It is a question of time before the Wikipedia self-destructs and implodes. It poses such low barriers to entry (anyone can edit ...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

Finally, my name as well as references to my work were removed from a few articles (for instance, from the entries about the Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Narcissism (Psychology)). At least one of the "editors" who were responsible for what appears to be a vindictive act ("Danny") claims to be somehow associated with the Wikimedia's grants commission.

Sure enough, simply removed. No explanation given in the first case, and possibly even libelous edit summary in the second:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=60811747
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=61035302

I wonder if the recent discussion here that centered on narcissism led them to suspect that Vaknin and Hushthis are the same person? (Or even Vaknin and myself?) It's completely absurd on the face of it, but for some people, writing that uses a lot of academic/intellectual terminology (or if you prefer, "psychobabble") tends to look pretty much the same -- especially if they don't actually read it, or even try. And we're all painfully aware of their (apparently incurable) world-size problem.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)