FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
List of British Jews -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This forum is for discussing specific Wikipedia editors, editing patterns, and general efforts by those editors to influence or direct content in ways that might not be in keeping with Wikipedia policy. Please source your claims and provide links where appropriate. For a glossary of terms frequently used when discussing Wikipedia and related projects, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> List of British Jews, Grace Note and friends at work
Rating  4
guy

Postmaster General

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 23

Have a look at this article, where Vulturell is doing sterling work against a concerted campaign by Grace Note and others, including someone who doesn't like people ganging up on her.

It seems that uniquely among ethnic lists, even among lists of Jews, this list cannot include anyone unless they are explicitly described as Jewish. And it's no good having a reference that says their parents were both Jewish.

In an attempt to minimise criticism, Vulturell's even had to change the name of the list, putting it out of line with every other Jewish and ethnic list on Wikipedia!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
CDRome

Group: Contributors

Wikipedia cabal types favor listings of individual Jews when only when "positive". When they deem listing the person's Jewish background as negative, they will censor it, using all kinds of excuses.

This is cleary seen, for example, in their efforts to make sure the Jewish roots of Bolsheviks are hidden. In cases like that, they are deemed "Russian". However, if a "Russian" scientist has Jewish roots, it's cleary listed.
+Quote Post
guy

Postmaster General

QUOTE(CDRome @ Thu 2nd March 2006, 8:01pm) *

Wikipedia cabal types favor listings of individual Jews when only when "positive". When they deem listing the person's Jewish background as negative, they will censor it, using all kinds of excuses.

This is cleary seen, for example, in their efforts to make sure the Jewish roots of Bolsheviks are hidden. In cases like that, they are deemed "Russian". However, if a "Russian" scientist has Jewish roots, it's cleary listed.

So why don't they want the Miliband brothers listed as jewish?
+Quote Post
CDRome

I don't know. But they also fight the correct listing of certain Russian oligarchs as Jewish too. Sometimes they succeed, but other times they fail, as they cannot continually cannot keep encyclopedic facts out.

Mikhail Fridman
Mikhail Khodorkovsky

+Quote Post
jorge

Postmaster

Group: On Vacation

QUOTE(CDRome @ Thu 2nd March 2006, 8:37pm) *

I don't know. But they also fight the correct listing of certain Russian oligarchs as Jewish too. Sometimes they succeed, but other times they fail, as they cannot continually cannot keep encyclopedic facts out.

Mikhail Fridman
Mikhail Khodorkovsky

I removed the the reference from Khodorkovsky as he explicity said he doesn't consider himself Jewish.
+Quote Post
blissyu2

the wookie

Member No.: 5

Can we link?
+Quote Post
vulchy

Member No.: 49

That "someone who doesn't like people ganging up on her" is a real peace of work. She was just given a Barnstar by Gracenote for her "patience".

Thanks for the compliment, guy.
+Quote Post
Lir

Communist

QUOTE(vulchy @ Thu 2nd March 2006, 10:46pm) *
That "someone who doesn't like people ganging up on her" is a real peace of work. She was just given a Barnstar by Gracenote for her "patience".

This is because I called her a troll, PoV pusher, and censor. It looks like I have been censored, judging by my talk page history. I could restore it now, but I'll wait until later.
+Quote Post
vulchy

Yeah, but.... she is all those things. And a backstabber, too.

If it's verifiable, why can't it be on Wikipedia? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
blissyu2

the wookie

Member No.: 5

Oh Vulterell, who I presume "Vulchy" is - you were praised widely as a mediator. I have heard great things of you everywhere. Welcome to the board.
+Quote Post
guy

Postmaster General

QUOTE(vulchy @ Fri 3rd March 2006, 6:46am) *

Thanks for the compliment, guy.

My pleasure. I am delighted to welcome one of the finest and bravest editors on Wikipedia.
+Quote Post
CDRome

QUOTE(jorge @ Thu 2nd March 2006, 9:06pm) *

I removed the the reference from Khodorkovsky as he explicity said he doesn't consider himself Jewish.

Then you are part of the problem, because Khodorkovshy is Jewish, and those who protest his jail sentence bring it up constantly. As if he didn't commit tax evasion, and his sentence is "anti-semitism". What rubbish.

If he were a Russian scientist, you would not have removed it.
+Quote Post
guy

Postmaster General

So, the current position is that Grace Note and SlimVirgin have created a new set of rules for admission to lists of Jews, which they have no intention of applying to other similar lists. ArnieP and Vulturell have protested vigorously but to no avail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=42078335
+Quote Post
vulchy

Thank you for the compliments.

Well, the great thing here is pure psychology. You give someone what they want, and they don't want it anymore. When the dissent was higher, they were taking out one person after the next. Ever since I started indicating that I don't care anymore, there hasn't been one removal.

It goes with what I said to someone recently. SlimmyVirgin is not an editor - an editor contributes. She's a reverter. And once the pleasure's gone out of the battle and out of the reverting, she's off battling elsewhere.

Anyway, don't worry, if they make serious moves towards other lists action will be taken everywhere, on all similar lists that I can find. And remember, I work a lot faster than they do...

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
Lir

Communist

QUOTE(guy @ Fri 3rd March 2006, 2:43pm) *

So, the current position is that Grace Note and SlimVirgin have created a new set of rules for admission to lists of Jews, which they have no intention of applying to other similar lists. ArnieP and Vulturell have protested vigorously but to no avail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=42078335

If a single editor opposes SlimVirgin, that editor will be accused of PoV pushing, edit warring, vandalism, etc - if SlimVirgin doesn't simply use the rollback feature and not explain her revert. If more than one user opposes SlimVirgin, it's "ganging up" on her. You just can't win against this PoV pusher, particularly since she has the support of her handful of meatpuppets (her own little cabal).

Edit: Anyon else see the irony in SlimVirgin's statement, "You've been allowed for too long to take ownership."? She is the WRONG person to accuse someone of article ownership - all a person has to do is check her contribs to see that she works VERY hard to keep articles at her preferred version.
+Quote Post
vulchy

I'll win. I'm not giving up against this horrible person.
+Quote Post
Lir

Communist

QUOTE(vulchy @ Fri 3rd March 2006, 5:36pm) *

I'll win. I'm not giving up against this horrible person.

Well, I didn't say it wasn't worth a fight. But in the end, you can expect some bullshit like this.
+Quote Post
vulchy

That's what sock-puppets are for (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
Lir

Communist

You know, I really hate to say it, but I'm beginning to think that jackwelsh was right - not in his politics, but in his critique of a particular group of editors and admins. Far be it from me to judge these editors based on their religious beliefs (which I don't really know anyway), but there is strong evidence of collusion between Jayjg, SlimVirgin, Grace Note, El C, Sean Black, and others. I'd even go so far as to say that it's a coordinated PoV campaign. Look over the evidence in the Fuelwagon case, and the evidence related to the recent libelous attacks on this board, and it's quite apparant that, more or less, it is the same editors and editting pattern involved - although Jayjg has distanced himself from this one, at least, publically.
+Quote Post
vulchy

I believe there is too much politics on Wikipedia. All these arbitration committees, mediation, etc. are a waste of people's time. If they've got nothing better to do, they could go to the cleanup area, take over a letter of the alphabet, and fix up the articles.

All these committees, subcomittees, elections of various people to various posts - nonesense - they should be replaced by simple common sense. The articles are the most important. Action is better than words.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)