FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
An FT2 Sockpuppet? -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An FT2 Sockpuppet?, It quacks like a duck
tarantino

the Dude abides

Group: Regulars

Between 17 October 2005 and 16 May 2006 the sockpuppet TBP made 185 edits, all in relation to animals, sex, animal sex or Neuro-linguistic programming. There is perhaps only one other editor on enwiki with similar tastes.

TBP's career highlights -
Started the article on Kenneth Pinyan, AKA Mr Hands, a man notable for dying in an unusual way.

Started the article on Hani Miletski, a pioneer in the study of beastiality.

Started the article on Emotion in animals.

Edited the article Edgeplay. Later, FT2 consulted current persona non grata Taxwoman on the subject.

Edit warred on Neuro-linguistic programming and sparred with HeadleyDown on Talk:Neuro-linguistic_programming.
HeadleyDown. I trained in NLP under John Seymour and Joseph O'Connor, the first two major UK trainers, in NLP, in 1990. I worked on NLP training courses 1991 - 1997. I trained for what is called the "Master Practitioner" under Robert Dilts and Judith Delozier in 1998, in Stanta Cruz, where NLP all began. And I had to look up what an engram was, because despite nearly 10 years training under several world-class NLP trainers, I had never heard the term or seen that viewpoint. Core NLP is not concerned with the biological mechanism of memory, but how it subjectively, functionally, works and can be worked with. This conflicts disturbingly with the above comment as to what is "core NLP". TBP 11:24, 27 October 2005 (UTC)

This eventually lead to FT2 filing Requests_for_arbitration/Neuro-linguistic_programming. FT2 actually brings up and dismisses the sock's involvement.
One editor, User:TBP, was explicitly self-identified as a sock puppet on his talk page before becoming involved in this article Oct 17 DIFF. He played no part in the vote or its discussion, and only a minor role in the talk page debate, mostly between Oct 27-29.

TBP quits editing 31 days before FT2's failed self-nomination for adminship. For his second, successful candidacy, he was nominated by jossi.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(tarantino @ Thu 8th May 2008, 4:02am) *

TBP quits editing 31 days before FT2's failed self-nomination for adminship. For his second, successful candidacy, he was nominated by jossi.

Lol. Very nice, Sherlock. That's more or less a slam-dunk. Better let jossi know he's been had by a classic sock, in a strictly neurolinguistic way. You know, jossi's such a sweet soul that he'll doubtless thank you and then try to do the right thing, now that the error of his ways has been pointed out. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif) Jimbo, too.

And, as for the other thing that bothered me..... yeah, that's it! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif) THAT is what it was about FT2's rhetoric that was making my eyes glaze over. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/happy.gif) Keeping me from getting though even a complete paragraph of his writing. He's a professional NLP-style councelor.

From his userpage: I do a lot of dispute handling and regular second opinions for other administrators and users, including a variety of informal mediations, dispute smoothings and other decisions.

Anybody who uses the word "guidance" that much, has got to be a boy scout leader or a professional stress therapist. Maybe a little animal therapy? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif)
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 8th May 2008, 12:32am) *

Anybody who uses the word "guidance" that much, has got to be a boy scout leader or a professional stress therapist. Maybe a little animal therapy? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif)

I think they call that a Horse's Ass Whisperer …

Jon (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Thu 8th May 2008, 4:38am) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 8th May 2008, 12:32am) *

I think they call that a Horse's Ass Whisperer …

Jon (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/cool.gif)

That's it, Cesar! FT2-- the dog-ass-whisperer. He trains editors. He rehabilitates animals. He sniffs anything. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/mellow.gif)
+Quote Post
Proabivouac

Bane of all wikiland

Group: Contributors

There was also this from the other day…
QUOTE(FT2 11:33 5 May 2008)

“comment re-signed, got friends staying the week who were logged in. Sorry for the confusion”
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=210302581
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=210303087

I haven't had the chance to consider if User:Lovingboth is FT2, but it sure is funny in the context of the discussion.

This post has been edited by Proabivouac:
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Member No.: 3,670

QUOTE(tarantino @ Thu 8th May 2008, 12:02am) *

Why is this even an open question? Candace Pert has a book out called The Molecules of Emotion. These same neuropeptides are found in most species (especially mammals), and play comparable roles. Virtually every creature has the emotion of fear. Moreover, there is a theory of emotions and learning that identifies emotional states keyed to learning. And many animals (especially mammals) are able to learn.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Proabivouac @ Thu 8th May 2008, 5:47am) *

There was also this from the other day…
QUOTE(FT2 11:33 5 May 2008)

“comment re-signed, got friends staying the week who were logged in. Sorry for the confusion”
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=210302581
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=210303087

I haven't had the chance to consider if User:Lovingboth is FT2, but it sure is funny in the context of the discussion.

But strangely enough, somebody very conversant about BiCon when bisexual people came and slept on your floor and used your computer in the middle of an edit, just as self-illustrated earlier here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=18905157

And in general edited while holding hands, and logged into each other's accounts, in a generally similar gay trainpulling way. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif) Lordy.

Oh, look at the attention to the David Irving article. Criticize this one and you'll be a Nazi and holocaust denier, too. You thought I was kidding about all this, didn't you?
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Moulton @ Thu 8th May 2008, 6:08am) *

QUOTE(tarantino @ Thu 8th May 2008, 12:02am) *

Why is this even an open question? Candace Pert has a book out called The Molecules of Emotion. These same neuropeptides are found in most species (especially mammals), and play comparable roles. Virtually every creature has the emotion of fear. Moreover, there is a theory of emotions and learning that identifies emotional states keyed to learning. And many animals (especially mammals) are able to learn.

It is weird that anybody even debates this, isn't it? I can't imagine anybody who's had a moderately bright cat or dog who doesn't know full well that they have emotions and think (though of course not with words).

Geez, my cats have a "want food" meow. And they have a "purr in anticipation of feeding" which is just the same as you'll hear a mother cat aim at her kittens. It's practically "cat" for "chow time". Just as a peculiar jaw-chatter is cat for "bird!" You can get the "chow time" purr when you go for a can of catfood, and you can get it before you OPEN the can. They know very well what you're about to do.

I once had a cat who figured out that I could be counted on to knock bugs off a wall when they were too high up for the cat to jump (cats love bugs and this one particularly loved them). Once, he came to get me to knock down a particularly big beetle from an interior home wall. "Okay, okay" I said. As I approached, the cat sat under the beetle and understood that I had the idea-- the beetle was about to come down. And for that, I got a very loud "here comes food!" purr. That was one happy cat. Anticipation is the best part, even if you're a cat. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Docknell

Yes I think this edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=28199367

is highly damning. As you can see from TBP's edits, he has played a rather large role in both the NLP and the bestiality promotion drive.

And taken together with the "lovingboth" account; If FT2 (and friends) were to apply his own banning approach to himself, he would have been perma-banned many times over.

Its going to be worth checking out the bestiality and NLP article for more potential FT2 socks. Especially now those fringe articles are under increased likelihood of people allowing the majority weight to get a proper chance. FT2 will no doubt be utterly livid that his religion and practices are being scrutinized and criticized. Judging by the control freak level of his editing, I can only imagine more dodgy admin behaviour appearing.

This post has been edited by Docknell:
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

That’s incredible. FT2 also admits to being trained in NLP. The subjects and interests (Miletski, Pinyan &c) are identical. V strong probability indeed.

And, as for the other thing that bothered me..... yeah, that's it! THAT is what it was about FT2's rhetoric that was making my eyes glaze over. Keeping me from getting though even a complete paragraph of his writing. He's a professional NLP-style councelor.

I was put off him from the very start, by the use of the word ‘behaviours’ in the plural. This reminded me of those awful training sessions and awaydays one was forced to attend in the lowlier days of employment.

Another thing, I’ve been searching to find who his previous identity was on Wiki. I’m sure there was one, because his very first edit was on Zoophilia, now oversighted. It’s generally received wisdom that someone who goes straight in like that is a sockpuppet, especially when they show such proficient editing skills.

I had thought he was Erik Moeller (Erik having started the article on Zoophilia) but the editing styles are so different I rejected this. But FT2 must have had some connection with the higher echelons from the very start, or obvious reasons. So perhaps it’s time to ask the question: who is FT2. The information provided by the TBP edits is interesting. He started off in England. That also explained something that puzzled me: he is based in the US, but often uses English spelling conventions.

One to ponder…
+Quote Post
Miltopia

Group: Inactive

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=210302485

Using the wrong account to comment on a sockpuppetry case... how classic.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Miltopia @ Thu 8th May 2008, 7:33am) *

And one in which the two people "were exceptionally close and used the same computer". (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

Hope you wiped it off, FT2. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
Proabivouac

Bane of all wikiland

Looking back on his recent deletion of my Orderinchaos sockpuppet report, it's now clear that FT2 had an undlisclosed conflict of interest.
+Quote Post
dogbiscuit

Could you run through Verifiability not Truth once more?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,015

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 8th May 2008, 8:46am) *

And one in which the two people "were exceptionally close and used the same computer". (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

Hope you wiped it off, FT2. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

It is worth noting that the "other person" had not been editing, there is just a low level of ocassional trivia being entered. I can understand that FT2 might sign out of his computer to allow someone else to use it to keep privileges secure, but I would then have expected to see some sort of editing session if someone had signed in. Unconvincing, though there doesn't seem to be anything of interest being edited on the account. (It doesn't even make sense as a sock account, unless there are oversights to cover tracks).

So is this abusive socking covered up with abusive oversights?

May be nothing, may be very fishy. What larks.
+Quote Post
wikiwhistle

Postmaster

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Thu 8th May 2008, 8:17am) *

I was put off him from the very start

He's "not right" and when I said that to someone else they said, "you don't have to have a genius IQ to be able to see that."
+Quote Post
wikiwhistle

Postmaster

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Thu 8th May 2008, 8:17am) *

That’s incredible. FT2 also admits to being trained in NLP. The subjects and interests (Miletski, Pinyan &c) are identical. V strong probability indeed.

Maybe not quite as uncommon amongst zoophiliacs as in the general population, as people in my experience get into learning NLP due to wanting to get round a lack of social skills. And few things must influence your feeling of confidence socially more than knowing what the person you're talking to would think of you if they knew your proclivities.

Also-

Are we accusing these two people of "liking animals in a similar way?" (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Alex

Back from the dead

I have to say this looks pretty compelling... although there'll be no CheckUser logs for the TBP account, so there's no way it can be proven. The "friend" staying over, and logged into Wikipedia seems way too farfetched imo.
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Member No.: 3,670

Don't most admins also have non-privileged accounts?

It's only an issue if multiple accounts weigh in on community consensus debates or vote-stacking. I've seen Odd Nature post some of his talk page comments while not logged in from his office computer at Macys San Francisco IT Center.
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

This is getting v puzzling. LovingBoth has a very different edit pattern to FT2, so odds are they are genuinely different people. But then if so, (1) that disproves the whole line of argument that FT2 was making in that very thread. How ironic. (2) It raises the question of what an English editor (LovingBoth) was doing at FT2's place on the East Coast of the US. The mind boggles. Stranger than fiction.

[edit] I mean, LB has done some work on 'TravelCard Zone 3' for goodness' sake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelcard_Zone_3

And what a crap article that is, by the way. How many of Wikipedia's 2m pages are like that?
Or this

Someone - ideally someone who knows more about it than me - should say something about the major building works that are going to happen with the 'Thameslink' expansion works due to start in a couple of years. As I understand it, the South Eastern service will be diverted elsewhere while the main 'Thameslink' platforms are extended across the river to allow 12 carriages to be used on the route. Lovingboth 08:24, 13 September 2007 (UTC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Blackfriars_station

This is much scarier than the animal stuff.

This post has been edited by Peter Damian:
+Quote Post
wikiwhistle

Postmaster

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Thu 8th May 2008, 1:19pm) *

(2) It raises the question of what an English editor (LovingBoth) was doing at FT2's place on the East Coast of the US. The mind boggles. Stranger than fiction.

Ermmm...he tries to disguise the country he lives in because of the terrible stalkers he deals with. (no joke)

This post has been edited by wikiwhistle:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)