FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Jimbo's date (?) at the Quadriga Awards -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Jimbo's date (?) at the Quadriga Awards
thekohser

Group: Regulars

Anybody know who is the woman with Jimbo in this photo (center), and in this photo (left)?

Is that Der Jimbo's former assistant at Wikia, Sierra Lovelace? Nah, that's not the same woman as the real Sierra (left).

This post has been edited by thekohser:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

I'm guessing Greg's point is that Jimbo tends to date whoever's most readily available, which generally means female bloggers who want to become legitimate news reporters. So, it might be useful to know if this woman is yet another blogger/reporter-wannade. I'll admit it isn't a particularly important point, but there it is.

I doubt it was his secretary, or even an employee - these photos were taken at the Quadriga awards, and since the awards have been cancelled this year, we probably have to assume the photos are from 2008, the year Wikipedia got the award (though they apparently never got the 25,000 Euros).

In 2008, Jimbo was pretty much a free agent - he was dating Rachel Marsden in the early part of that year, but I can't imagine he would have treated that relationship as exclusive. The Quadriga awards are usually given out in late summer, so he had at least 4-5 months to find a nice German gal to take to the ceremony. She could be a minor media personality over there, maybe... but she isn't particularly well-dressed for a semi-formal awards ceremony, particularly given that she's accompanying one of the recipients. So my guess is, she's a blogger - or at best, someone in journalism school - who e-mailed him at precisely the right time.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)