FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Iridescent -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Iridescent, the light who burned too bright
Apathetic

Ãœber Member

Group: Regulars

User_talk:Iridescent#Sysop_Flag

kinda slow on the draw, i know.

This post has been edited by Apathetic:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Sarcasticidealist

Head exploded.

Member No.: 4,536

QUOTE(Apathetic @ Tue 14th July 2009, 5:59pm) *

It's a shame, but she only had a couple of months to go before her longstanding pledge to give up the mop after two years kicked in anyway.
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Tue 14th July 2009, 10:01pm) *

It's a shame, but she only had a couple of months to go before her longstanding pledge to give up the mop after two years kicked in anyway.

Yeah, the timing of this was intentional – it was actually meant to be three months before the 2nd anniversary, in line with my "admins should always be desysopped for at least three months of every two years" arguments, but I'd misremembered the date. As I said at the time, there's no interesting back story here, I'm afraid.
+Quote Post
wikiwhistle

Postmaster

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Tue 14th July 2009, 10:10pm) *

Yeah, the timing of this was intentional – it was actually meant to be three months before the 2nd anniversary, in line with my "admins should always be desysopped for at least three months of every two years" arguments, but I'd misremembered the date. As I said at the time, there's no interesting back story here, I'm afraid.

So you'll ressume it after your break then? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Wed 15th July 2009, 8:22pm) *

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Tue 14th July 2009, 10:10pm) *

So you'll ressume it after your break then? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

Meh. I'm not going to do a storm-off-in-a-sulk walkout; if there was a good reason for me to have admin rights back, I'd at least temporarily request them back (at some point myself and Kbthompson (T-C-L-K-R-D) promised that we'd go through the slurry of Category:Unknown-importance London-related articles and clear out the obvious unsalvageable crap and irredeemable spam for instance). I actually never did very many admin actions other than routine maintenance, so I can't see many situations where I'd actually want them.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Wed 15th July 2009, 3:47pm) *

Meh. I'm not going to do a storm-off-in-a-sulk walkout; if there was a good reason for me to have admin rights back, I'd at least temporarily request them back (at some point myself and Kbthompson (T-C-L-K-R-D) promised that we'd go through the slurry of Category:Unknown-importance London-related articles and clear out the obvious unsalvageable crap and irredeemable spam for instance). I actually never did very many admin actions other than routine maintenance, so I can't see many situations where I'd actually want them.

What, you aren't going to put yourself forward in another RfA? I would love to see those chickens come home to roost! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
LessHorrid vanU

Devils Advocaat

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 15th July 2009, 8:50pm) *

What, you aren't going to put yourself forward in another RfA? I would love to see those chickens come home to roost! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)

Hmmm, well, it wouldn't be original now, would it. Anyhoo, since the leaving is not under a cloud why not request return of the tools and promptly use them to devastating effect against some unwary antagonist? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Nerd

Ãœber Member

Member No.: 11,945

QUOTE(LessHorrid vanU @ Wed 15th July 2009, 9:07pm) *

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 15th July 2009, 8:50pm) *

Hmmm, well, it wouldn't be original now, would it. Anyhoo, since the leaving is not under a cloud why not request return of the tools and promptly use them to devastating effect against some unwary antagonist? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

Another RFA would be very stupid indeed. Then again it would show if she still has trust in the community RFA voters' minds.

This post has been edited by Nerd:
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Nerd @ Wed 15th July 2009, 10:27pm) *

Another RFA would be very stupid indeed. Then again it would show if she still has trust in the community RFA voters' minds.

If I were coming back "substantively" (i.e., not to do one particular non-contentious task) I would. (I suspect there wouldn't be as much opposition as you'd think, other than the Civility Police and possibly Shalom.) The odds of that are fairly unlikely in the current climate, though; there's not much going on that I'd actually have a use for any of the admin functions, and I can happily live without the endless stream of "why did you delete this page on my band!" complaints.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Wed 15th July 2009, 4:31pm) *
(I suspect there wouldn't be as much opposition as you'd think, other than the Civility Police and possibly Shalom.)

No, there wouldn't be as much as I think -- there would probably be more. It would be a reprise of what Alex went through times two, since your sarcasm is far more cutting than anything Alex could create and RfA people have lost their adoration for that kind of shit.
+Quote Post
wikiwhistle

Postmaster

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 15th July 2009, 11:48pm) *

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Wed 15th July 2009, 4:31pm) *
(I suspect there wouldn't be as much opposition as you'd think, other than the Civility Police and possibly Shalom.)

No, there wouldn't be as much as I think -- there would probably be more. It would be a reprise of what Alex went through times two, since your sarcasm is far more cutting than anything Alex could create and RfA people have lost their adoration for that kind of shit.

No. I actually think Iridescent wouldn't have that much of a prob. Iri has a somewhat brusque personality and editing style, but she can also be hilarious if you're not on the receiving end, and what she says even if she has a go at you often makes sense to you if you get past the way it's delivered. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) She has plenty of wiki-friends.

This post has been edited by wikiwhistle:
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Apathetic   Iridescent  
jayvdb   [quote name='Apathetic' post='183955' date='Tue ...  
sbrown   I've also wanted to see whether it is feasibl...  
jayvdb   I've also wanted to see whether it is feasib...  
Random832   The biggest problem is that many times the solutio...  
MBisanz   [quote name='jayvdb' post='184073' date='Wed 15th...  
A Horse With No Name   Firstly sorry about iridescent one of the best ad...  
Kelly Martin   Second I cant see the slightest problem about over...  
Nerd   [quote name='Nerd' post='184222' date='Wed 15th J...  
Anonymous editor   [quote name='Nerd' post='184222' date='Wed 15th ...  
A Horse With No Name   Iri has a somewhat brusque personality and editin...  
Nerd   Iri has a somewhat brusque personality and editi...  
Shalom   I actually never did very many admin actions othe...  
A Horse With No Name   [quote name='Apathetic' post='183955' date='Tue 1...  
Eva Destruction   [quote name='Apathetic' post='183955' date='Tue ...  
Apathetic   Not sure how I'm "making a production...  
Newyorkbrad   [quote name='Apathetic' post='183955' date='Tue ...  
MZMcBride   [quote name='Apathetic' post='183955' date='Tue ...  
Nerd   I tend to agree with others here. "Who cares?...  
Eva Destruction   Can some mod change the subhead to something that ...  
LaraLove   (I suspect there wouldn't be as much opposit...  
Casliber   aawww, I liked teh bridges :D  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)