FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
[[David Gerard]] -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Discussions in this subforum are hidden from search engines.

However, they are not hidden from automobile engines, including the newer, more "environmentally-friendly" electric and hybrid engines. Also, please note that this subforum is meant to be used for discussion of the actual biographical articles themselves; more generalized discussions of BLP policy should be posted in the General Discussion or Bureaucracy forums.

> [[David Gerard]], Notable NPR Pundit
cookiehead

Group: Contributors

I see that WP's David Gerard does not have a BLP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gerard

Appears as a pundit on NPR, is Jimmy Wales right-hand man (oh my, is that right hand why Jimmy went all UK?).

Notable?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
carbuncle

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(cookiehead @ Fri 20th January 2012, 3:14pm) *

Appears as a pundit on NPR, is Jimmy Wales right-hand man (oh my, is that right hand why Jimmy went all UK?).

Notable?

As tempting as that might be, I think many of us here try to discourage use of WP as an attack platform.
+Quote Post
cookiehead

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Fri 20th January 2012, 10:21am) *

QUOTE(cookiehead @ Fri 20th January 2012, 3:14pm) *

Notable?

As tempting as that might be, I think many of us here try to discourage use of WP as an attack platform.

If a BLP = "attack platform", then they've got a problem at WP. Are you assuming Bad Faith?

For kicks, I selected at random from the Living Persons cat, a BLP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynthia_Aaron

If this meets Notable, what doesn't? Mr Gerard has a very high profile one of the most important (as Jimmy just forced the world to learn!) websites, ever (breathless ever). I haven't looked at other WP Luminary BLP's yet, but I'd guess they all have one.

This post has been edited by cookiehead:
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(cookiehead @ Fri 20th January 2012, 3:27pm) *

If a BLP = "attack platform", then they've got a problem at WP. Are you assuming Bad Faith?

Yes. To both.

This post has been edited by carbuncle:
+Quote Post
cookiehead

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Fri 20th January 2012, 10:42am) *

QUOTE(cookiehead @ Fri 20th January 2012, 3:27pm) *

Yes. To both.

Of all the WP BLP's that would be "protected" from Bad Faith, don't you think a WP all-star spokesman and media pundit would be amongst the highest priority?

One can't even mention the subject of one's own paid speaking engagements in a "Personal" section ("Bariatric surgery is the new Prozac") of a BLP without a G7 summit occurring.

Why aren't there tougher standards for BLP "keeps" or even "adds"? You can make a new BLP and it won't be touched for weeks/months/ever.

Why aren't all BLP articles protected equally? This site is highly frequented by admins and WP cabalistas, many of whom spend most of their time in pissing contests on talk pages over minutiae...why don't they form an "attack page" (BLP) task force to go through the "Living Persons" cat? There is no evidence that there is any activity on that front, at all, on WP. This probably points to the "WP is dying" meme.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)