FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Will Beback proposes deletion of Herschelkrustofsky -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Will Beback proposes deletion of Herschelkrustofsky
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

Will Beback has initiated a vote for deletion of my user page. Has this ever happened before? Note that I am not perma-banned, only blocked for one year.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
blissyu2

the wookie

Group: On Vacation
Member No.: 5

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 3rd June 2006, 3:27pm) *

Will Beback has initiated a vote for deletion of my user page. Has this ever happened before? Note that I am not perma-banned, only blocked for one year.

Yes it has. The Request for Arbitration on Internodeuser was started purely based on an effort to delete my userpage. Though somehow that changed in to a 1 year ban, thanks to the beauty of the Arb Com.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...have_been_tried
+Quote Post
Sgrayban

Gone

That's just spitefull and only meant to kick you while your down. Basically its a childish action on his part.
+Quote Post
Skyring

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 3rd June 2006, 3:57pm) *

Add Calton to my list of incivil admins. If he talked to people face to face the way he does on WP, he'd not have a tooth left in his head.
+Quote Post
Sgrayban

Gone

Add Calton to my list of incivil admins. If he talked to people face to face the way he does on WP, he'd not have a tooth left in his head.

Childern and teenagers act like this when they want to feel big and god-like. IRL they are the ones that are beat up in school and there lunch money taken then shoved into a locker because they are smart mouth to the wrong people.

In any case this is very counter-productive when they scream we are hatefull and stalkers and they pull kiddie stunts like this and expect anyone to to be calm and productive.

WikiLove should be practiced as well as written Jimmy.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

QUOTE(Skyring @ Sat 3rd June 2006, 6:44am) *

Add Calton to my list of incivil admins.

Calton is an admin?
(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
blissyu2

the wookie

Carlton is the admin. Missed an "r".

Hmm for some reason I can't get the link to the Internodeuser Arb Com case to work as a link.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sat 3rd June 2006, 2:13pm) *

Carlton is the admin. Missed an "r".

No, it seems to be Calton. No User:Carlton exists.

I think that Will Beback may be experiencing separation anxiety now that SlimVirgin has left.

+Quote Post
Skyring

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 3rd June 2006, 11:55pm) *

QUOTE(Skyring @ Sat 3rd June 2006, 6:44am) *

Add Calton to my list of incivil admins.
Calton is an admin?
(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)
Apparently not. But he has the social graces of my backside.

+Quote Post
everyking

Postmaster

Group: Regulars

Calton is definitely the most uncivil user I've ever encountered on WP. I remember trying about 10 different ways of mollifying him (after he leapt unprovoked into an argument in which he had no actual interest in the content in dispute), nudging him toward constructive and reasonable comment, all of which were met by the same vicious insults and sarcasm. Finally I just said "This is pointless; I'm not communicating with you anymore", but he continued with the sniping anyway.

And no, he's definitely not an admin. I don't think anybody on the entire project would vote for him.
+Quote Post
Donny

QUOTE(everyking @ Sun 4th June 2006, 1:31pm) *

Calton is definitely the most uncivil user I've ever encountered on WP. I remember trying about 10 different ways of mollifying him (after he leapt unprovoked into an argument in which he had no actual interest in the content in dispute), nudging him toward constructive and reasonable comment, all of which were met by the same vicious insults and sarcasm. Finally I just said "This is pointless; I'm not communicating with you anymore", but he continued with the sniping anyway.

And no, he's definitely not an admin. I don't think anybody on the entire project would vote for him.

Just remembered from those discussions about SlimVirgin and nekama, I met Calton on the articles for deletion:
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Don Tacos

I wouldn't go as far as to say I strongly disliked him, but he certainly seemed to be argumentative and unpleasant.
+Quote Post
blissyu2

the wookie

I'll quote his comments there:

Delete snackcruft. I cannot imagine how this could be expanded except by adding the most trivial of details. They're just Japanese tortilla chips, basically. --Calton | Talk 13:15, 9 October 2005 (UTC)

I count 225 unique hits. Where did this "32,000" number come from? --Calton | Talk 05:20, 11 October 2005 (UTC)

225 unique hits, according to Google. --Calton | Talk 05:20, 11 October 2005 (UTC)

That they have 146,849 articles, and yet somehow managed to overlook this particular snack food. I wonder why? --Calton | Talk 05:20, 11 October 2005 (UTC)

Why look, THAT article is up for deletion also. And the fact that you added it to the Japanese Wikipedia means nothing -- hell, it means less than nothing; having to gin up a rationale doesn't exactly help your case. --Calton | Talk 06:21, 11 October 2005 (UTC)

Buh? That was the biggest load of non-sequitor I've seen all month. To quote Wolfgang Pauli, "That's not right; that's not even wrong." So your false dichotomy is EVERYTHING is culturally significant or NOTHING is culturally significant? Because that's the only meaning that makes even the tiniest shred of sense in that context. --Calton | Talk 06:21, 11 October 2005 (UTC)

Of course, in quoting all of this (from the same AFD), that is pretty typical behaviour from people in AFDs. He is harassing others, insulting others, being arrogant and sarcastic, but that's pretty much how everyone behaves in AFDs. AFDs are the cesspool of Wikipedia, where personal attacks and insults are not only permitted, they are encouraged.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

The deletion debate is getting interesting. Maybe the entire cabal will weigh in, arguing for my deletion. Will SlimVirgin come out of faux retirement to join the fray? And who is KleenupKrew? I like the cut of his/her jib.
+Quote Post
Donny

QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sun 4th June 2006, 3:30pm) *

AFDs are the cesspool of Wikipedia, where personal attacks and insults are not only permitted, they are encouraged.

Yea, coming back to the "troll" discussion, a lot of people on AfD are people I would identify as "trolls" based on the Usenet definition. I mean they're basically there trying to piss other people off, they're not doing anything useful, just pointless arguing about whether or not to delete some article which they've got nothing to do with, and know nothing about, and that they don't really give a fuck about anyway. If the article wasn't deleted it wouldn't affect them. There are a million articles in Wikipedia and they couldn't read all of them if they spent the rest of their lives reading it, and yet they cruise around the articles for deletion gabbing on about how something or other is XXX-cruft or some such bullshit and has to be deleted from Wikipedia or else everyone will suffer enormously.

Coimmon sense tells you they are just trolling.

+Quote Post
Donny

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sun 4th June 2006, 11:24pm) *

The deletion debate is getting interesting. Maybe the entire cabal will weigh in, arguing for my deletion. Will SlimVirgin come out of faux retirement to join the fray? And who is KleenupKrew? I like the cut of his/her jib.

There are 12 keeps and only 4 deletes, so it looks like the page will be kept at the moment. It seems to be harmless enough to me.
+Quote Post
everyking

Postmaster

Group: Regulars

Even with a majority it won't necessarily be kept. Recently there have been several notorious incidents in which AfD-kept articles were deleted by IAR admins.
+Quote Post
Sgrayban

Gone

Its amazing how criticism is viewed as an attack by hardline admin, like Jayjg, and then viewed as valid criticism, even if its unpopular, by everyone else.

I just can't understand the hardline admin there. Deleting criticism of any kind just doesn't make it disappear from the internet. Deleting criticism of any form from WP only establishes a foundation for places like this forum, bloggers & the media.

The solution would be to discuss the criticism in a calm fashion and fix what is wrong or make some compromises. The criticism would disappear after time if done this way. This would be the logical way to avoid a all out flame war between WP, Jimmy Wales and his admin for years to come. Right?

WP has discussions for nearly everything but criticism. Make one and ask for valid criticism and possible solutions. The idea is to make everyone a friend of WP not make enemies.

+Quote Post
blissyu2

the wookie

Criticism is usually hated. Restaurant critics are hated by most restaurants - except for the few times when they give them praise. People queue up just to get "not quite as bad" criticism from professional critics. On movies, restaurants, books, whatever, criticism, at least by professionals, is usually very harsh.

Of course amateur criticism often includes a lot of sucking up, and some people pass themselves off as critics but they are really just offering free advertisement. There was a big investigation here in Australia in relation to this, with the "Cash for Comments" inquiry featuring Don Lane, that was about that kind of thing.

So why then does Wikipedia insist that criticism has to be positive? Are they stupid? Criticism should be negative, because that's what its all about. What they list as criticism on their site is for the most part not true criticism at all. Its amateurs who are sucking up to them. True critics will occasionally acknowledge good things, and they should cling to those good things like gold, because the rest will be attacks.

And we have here written nice things about Wikipedia too. Lots of people have. But Wikipedia is so used to butt kissing that they don't recognise true critics when they see them.
+Quote Post
Ashibaka

This debate is because I restored HK's long political message and left a note on the admin's noticeboard as a courtesy (I knew if SlimVirgin were around she would have reverted me again). I assume Will Beback has some sort of reason he wants it to go away but he isn't just doing this at random.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

QUOTE(Ashibaka @ Tue 6th June 2006, 10:27pm) *

I assume Will Beback has some sort of reason he wants it to go away but he isn't just doing this at random.

SlimVirgin and Will Beback have jointly harassed me for most of my time at Wikipedia. I have publicly identified myself with LaRouche, and they both are obsessed with making Wikipedia the preeminent anti-LaRouche site on the internet. Will Beback tends to lose his normal composure over this issue, as you can see at the discussion on the deletion page. He seems to have allowed himself to get caught in a bit of a fib. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)