FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Wikipedia is evil and must be destroyed. -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> General Discussion? What's that all about?

This subforum is for general discussion of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. For a glossary of terms frequently used in such discussions, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary. For a glossary of musical terms, see here. Other useful links:

Akahele.orgWikipedia-WatchWikitruthWP:ANWikiEN-L/Foundation-L (mailing lists) • Citizendium forums

> Wikipedia is evil and must be destroyed.
Joseph100

Senior Member like Viridae

Group: On Vacation

Wikipedia is evil and must be destroyed. I've made numerous attempts to try to work with them in order to edit and correct glaring factual mistakes, as well as blatant boldface bias on various biographies of Republican officeholders from Illinois.

What I have found is Wikipedia is a complete totally filled with hate filled Marxists children, and tin pot, petty dictators drunk with power, whose concept of fairness is distorted and corrupt and with out control.

So, I am looking for advice on how to go about to diminish, destroy and neutralize Wikipedia.

Any reasonable suggestion will be taken under advisement.

For those who are pro-Wikipedia. All I have to say is this... there is nothing that you could say, do, or argue which would convinced me that Wikipedia has any merit, or good for the body politic or the Internet at large.
It is my sworn belief that Wikipedia is absolutely a cesspool of evil.

Thank you

This post has been edited by Joseph100:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

Well, this is becoming one of the more interesting topics we've had in a while...

QUOTE(Joseph100 @ Sun 18th March 2007, 12:26pm) *
Wikipedia is evil and must be destroyed. I've made numerous attempts to try to work with them in order to edit and correct glaring factual mistakes, as well as blatant boldface bias on various biographies of Republican officeholders from Illinois.

Illinois is actually a somewhat unusual state, politically speaking. It should really be two states, "Chicagoland" and "Illinois," i.e., not-Chicagoland. The non-Chicagoland part would be fairly solid Republican, I suspect, more like Kansas, Missouri, or Indiana... Anyway, Chicagoland always swings the whole state towards the Democrats in national elections, and the conservative types in the non-Chicagoland areas usually end up with US senators they don't like much, such as Dick Durbin, Carol Moseley Braun, and Barack Obama. Some of them - yourself included, I suspect - get rather P.O.'d about that!

What I'm trying to say is that your specific issue probably isn't with Wikipedia as a whole - I suspect it's actually with a determined group of Chicagoland liberals and their WP allies who are fighting just as hard as their downstate counterparts to get what they want - even if it means fighting dirty. And they almost certainly have admin support on WP to achieve their goals. So while it's tempting to see Wikipedia in its entirety as the culprit here simply because the system allows this sort of thing to go on, let's be realistic - that's targeting indiscriminately when you really need to pinpoint things somewhat.

It is my sworn belief that Wikipedia is absolutely a cesspool of evil.

"Cesspool" seems like an overstatement, and again rather indiscriminate - it implies that the people involved are swimming in evil (or whatever one wants to call it), when most of them are really just ignoring it or pretending it doesn't exist. I tend to prefer "system of evil" or "system that helps evil thrive." The real problem is that WP is too big (and unscalable), too easy to game, vandalize and manipulate, and impossible to manage in a fair and unbiased fashion. Those problems are inherent in the fundamental concept, which in turn, really has to change if it's ever going to get better. It's only "evil" to the extent that people refuse to recognize it and deal with it, in the face of clear and indisputable evidence of what's really necessary.

And so on...
+Quote Post
Joseph100

Senior Member like Viridae

Group: On Vacation

"Cesspool" seems like an overstatement, and again rather indiscriminate - it implies that the people involved are swimming in evil (or whatever one wants to call it), when most of them are really just ignoring it or pretending it doesn't exist. I tend to prefer "system of evil" or "system that helps evil thrive." The real problem is that WP is too big (and unscalable), too easy to game, vandalize and manipulate, and impossible to manage in a fair and unbiased fashion. Those problems are inherent in the fundamental concept, which in turn, really has to change if it's ever going to get better. It's only "evil" to the extent that people refuse to recognize it and deal with it, in the face of clear and indisputable evidence of what's really necessary.

And so on...

I submit that the term “cesspool” is not an overstatement. The evil is not necessarily that of the individual people who edit and administer on Wikipedia themselves, obviously they are not evil per se, but the evil is a collective evil, in the assemblage of the rules, the ideas, and the kind of people that are allowed to have power on Wikipedia. This creates a synergy of evil and makes Wikipedia the evil thing that it now is.

Now regarding the battlefield in Illinois politics, which is dirty and bare-knuckle. The Republicans will eventually get their act together and considering that it is inevitable due to Blago’s (the boy governor) excesses as well as pervasive Illinois Democratic Party corruption which now exist in Illinois state government will eventually bring the state back in Republican hands again, as it did 10 years ago. This may happen in less then four years from now.

Now because wiki administrators and ediors who now control [WP:OWN] Republican office holder Bioagraphies, who, most likely, are local Illinois Democratic party wonks, have now dragged Wikipedia in this battlefield. So, rest assured, Wikipedia will be attacked, by the Republican opposition in Illinois, who have money and smart, people working for them and have the where with all, to bring Wikipedia down, notwithstanding all the the other groups and interests, out side this particular political battlefield, which would like Wikipedia to be destroyed.

Whatever morality Wikipedia may or may not have is irrelevant now, because they are now in this political battlefield and have enabled those with political agendas and point of view, (unfortunately who are mostly liberal Democrats at this time on Wikipedia)to have their way on Wikipedia so now there is a political imperative to destroy Wikipedia or at the vary lest heavily damage it’s credibility and rest assured this will happen very soon.

The Wikipedian administrators, who are protecting and foisting Democratic party point of view, by not enforcing their own rules fairly and without prejudice by locking out Republicans from editing on Republican office holders are actually endangering Wikipedia by dragging it into the arena of real-world politics By not allowing fair dialogue on Wikipedia and frezing out Republicans over Democrates, it then will become a political imperative to destroy Wikipedia. This is, again, an example of the sheer stupidity and childlike Naivety of those who run Wikipedia.

Thank you.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Joseph100   Wikipedia is evil and must be destroyed.  
dtobias   Wikipedia is evil and must be destroyed. I...  
Joseph100   [quote name='Joseph100' post='25340' date='Sun 18...  
Yanksox   Wikipedia is evil and must be destroyed. I don...  
Nathan   Of course, one can easily make the assertion that ...  
Kurt M. Weber   Like communism it is fantastic in theory I would...  
Jonny Cache   Like communism it is fantastic in theory I wou...  
Kurt M. Weber   [quote name='Kurt M. Weber' post='25429' date='Mo...  
Jonny Cache   [quote name='Kurt M. Weber' post='25429' date='M...  
Skyrocket   How to be REALLY anonymous on Wikipedia: 1) Get l...  
michael   How to be REALLY anonymous on Wikipedia: 1) Get ...  
Nathan   I prefer my own method. ;)  
chankachank   I've already had a love/hate relationship with...  
Joel Leyden   Wikipedia is evil and must be destroyed. I've...  
gomi   Destroying Wikipedia would probably be remarkably ...  
dtobias   Wikipedia doesn't let Joseph100 get his way on...  
Jonny Cache   Wikipedia doesn't let Joseph100 get his way o...  
Joseph100   Wikipedia doesn't let Joseph100 get his way o...  
Skyrocket   "His or her?" Just another proof of the ...  
Jonny Cache   "His or her?" Just another proof of the...  
JohnA   Wikipedia is evil in a sense because its been perv...  
Cedric   The Russian Revolution did not start out to be ev...  
gomi   Interesting. If Jimbo is WP's Vladimir I. Le...  
Jonny Cache   Interesting. If Jimbo is WP's Vladimir I. L...  
JohnA   [quote name='gomi' post='25413' date='Mon 19th Ma...  
bernie724   [quote name='Jonny Cache' post='25414' date='Mon ...  
Skyrocket   And here is part of their Wikipedian Manifesto, st...  
Jonny Cache   And here is part of their Wikipedian Manifesto, s...  
Cedric   OMG!! I just had a look at Raul654's ...  
Jonny Cache   OMG!! I just had a look at Raul654's...  
Jonny Cache   Look, in my humble opinion, it's just plain si...  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)