FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
It's open season for Malleus -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> It's open season for Malleus, Admins have their dicks out
Eppur si muove

Group: Contributors

Over at Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Indef_block_of_Malleus_Fatuorum_requires_review and assorted other places there are some cunts (to borrow Malleus's terminology) who resent the fact that some people respect productive editors who may occasionally be a bit rude more than the idiots who block them. Just goes to show that really do think Wikipedia is an MMORPG and not an exercise in creating an encyclopedia.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
that one guy

Doesn't get it either.

Member No.: 5,935

QUOTE(Eppur si muove @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 7:00am) *

Over at Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Indef_block_of_Malleus_Fatuorum_requires_review and assorted other places there are some cunts (to borrow Malleus's terminology) who resent the fact that some people respect productive editors who may occasionally be a bit rude more than the idiots who block them. Just goes to show that really do think Wikipedia is an MMORPG and not an exercise in creating an encyclopedia.

The problem is when he calls a non-admin a "fucking cunt" well he sort of has a nice block coming to him.

Also arbcom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arb...alleus_Fatuorum
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(that one guy @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 10:28am) *

The problem is when he calls a non-admin a "fucking cunt" well he sort of has a nice block coming to him.

Did he say something that was not true or did he say something that was not nice? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

Member No.: 8,716

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 4:18pm) *

Did he say something that was not true or did he say something that was not nice? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

Some people just can't see the truth unless you shove it their faces spiced with a bit of pepper. I fully expect the outcome of ArbCom's deliberations to be rather similar to what happened to Ottava, but that's their loss, not mine.

This post has been edited by Malleus:
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

QUOTE(Malleus @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 4:03pm) *

Some people just can't see the truth unless you shove it their faces spiced with a bit of pepper. I fully expect the outcome of ArbCom's deliberations to be rather similar to what happened to Ottava, but that's their loss, not mine.
I doubt it...they'll most likely just tell you to stop commenting on RFAs (which would still be their loss, not yours). Try as you might, you'll never come across as being as much of a bonkers asshole as Ottava. It's not something you can fake.
+Quote Post
Doc glasgow

Wikipedia:The Sump of All Human Knowledge

Member No.: 90

Hahahahah

People are still taking this shit seriously??????

This has nothing to do with civility, and nothing to do with one side being mature. This is all about drama - lots and lots of drama.

Malleus is deliberately rude because it causes drama. The people who go after him go after him because it cases drama. They all enjoy it.

The feigned "admins are after the good writers - they'll run them all off", is just a crock of shit - because anyone with the intelligence to write good articles is quite intelligent enough to work out how to interact with sufficient civility to avoid drama - it is just that writing good articles isn't enough - they want drama, victim status and hero worship too.

The feigned "if we don't stamp on incivility the wiki will explode", is also a crock of shit - because if you ignored the regular users who were uncivil, they'd soon get bored.

Both sides are just trolling.

Arbcom are fools to accept this, because it will simply result in three months of drama, a limp-wristed decision, and a few weeks of grumbling - and then it will die off for a few weeks.

Change MF to Giano/Geogre/Bishonen, and change the blocker to David Gerard/Tony Sidaway, or whoever it was, and you'll realise how boring this is.

Chistmas repeats once again.

So Malleus, you are just a boring old troll. Yes, the trolling is successful, but it has all been done before (and, sorry to say it, Giano had more style).
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Doc glasgow @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 11:32pm) *
So Malleus, you are just a boring old troll. Yes, the trolling is successful, but it has all been done before (and, sorry to say it, Giano had more style).

And you're an interesting young troll? What a curiously blind distinction.

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 11:20pm) *

QUOTE(Malleus @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 4:03pm) *

I doubt it...they'll most likely just tell you to stop commenting on RFAs (which would still be their loss, not yours). Try as you might, you'll never come across as being as much of a bonkers asshole as Ottava. It's not something you can fake.

They may say whatever they like, obviously, just as I may or may not agree to their terms.

This post has been edited by Malleus:
+Quote Post
Doc glasgow

QUOTE(Malleus @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 11:45pm) *

QUOTE(Doc glasgow @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 11:32pm) *

And you're an interesting young troll? What a curiously blind distinction.

Blind to what? I knew posting here and calling you out as a troll, would probably get your goat because you are still peddling the self-righteous twaddle that you are defending some superior moral high-ground when you call people "cunts".

It is, however, as silly as those who don't understand that they are giving you precisely what you are after when they react to you.

Does that make me a drama-seeking troll? Yes, I suppose it might. So then, there is no distinction. It is just that I'm not a pompous ass who is still playing the game and pretending it is for real.

+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(Doc glasgow @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 6:53pm) *

Blind to what? I knew posting here and calling you out as a troll, would probably get your goat because you are still peddling the self-righteous twaddle that you are defending some superior moral high-ground when you call people "cunts".

It is, however, as silly as those who don't understand that they are giving you precisely what you are after when they react to you.

Does that make me a drama-seeking troll? Yes, I suppose it might. So then, there is no distinction. It is just that I'm not a pompous ass who is still playing the game and pretending it is for real.

Lets just get things straight. There are two types of people/two types of action.

1. Editing content/building content

2. Trolling/attention mongering/myspacing, etc.

Number 1 in all of its forms is what Wikipedia is supposed to be about. Number 2 in all of its forms (yes, it is all the same nonsense) is what Wikipedia is actually about.

Any kind of commentary about Wikipedia is trolling of some kind because you are expecting a response. A lot of people provoke others in order to get more of a response. Otherwise, you can see from obscure talk pages that when there is no drama that questions or comments take months and sometimes years before they are answered (if ever).

The rules and policies are established to add a form to the trolling. It is like imposing Robert's Rules in politics - people are still bitching and mongering for attention regardless of the structure they pretend to work within. Everyone is peacocking and trying to get their personal view anywhere they can. That is humanity. That wont change.

Doc, you aren't special. Malleus, you aren't special.

But yeah, I got a mention in that ArbCom request on the second anniversary of my 1 year ban without even having to provoke it. So, I am the ultimate ghost troll. Boogie boogie boo.
+Quote Post
Doc glasgow

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 23rd December 2011, 12:00am) *

Lets just get things straight. There are two types of people/two types of action.

Number 1 in all of its forms is what Wikipedia is supposed to be about. Number 2 in all of its forms (yes, it is all the same nonsense) is what Wikipedia is actually about.

There are certainly two attractions in wikipedia a) creating content [widely defined] and have people react/interact to it b) interacting with people and getting a reaction. People, however, generally engage in both to some degree (it is only a question of where the balance lies).

Most trolls are not interested in content (or not able to write content good enough to have people react to it). However, it is quite possible to need MORE attention than even your excessive content attracts, and thus use trolling to get more.

The self-righteous nonsense is where you claim your provocation and the conflict if causes is somehow related to being a content creator - it is not. (Although, the line is also a good one to divide and conquer your critics - again classic trolling).

+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Doc glasgow @ Fri 23rd December 2011, 12:17am) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 23rd December 2011, 12:00am) *

There are certainly two attractions in wikipedia a) creating content [widely defined] and have people react/interact to it b) interacting with people and getting a reaction. People, however, generally engage in both to some degree (it is only a question of where the balance lies).

Most trolls are not interested in content (or not able to write content good enough to have people react to it). However, it is quite possible to need MORE attention than even your excessive content attracts, and thus use trolling to get more.

The self-righteous nonsense is where you claim your provocation and the conflict if causes is somehow related to being a content creator - it is not. (Although, the line is also a good one to divide and conquer your critics - again classic trolling).

How can content be "excessive"?
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(Malleus @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 7:57pm) *

It is obviously getting in the way of your trolling. What you need to fix that and become a standard Wikipedian is to be banned and then kept from having access to editing the content. That will leave you only with drama. Obviously, it works.
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 23rd December 2011, 1:03am) *

It is obviously getting in the way of your trolling. What you need to fix that and become a standard Wikipedian is to be banned and then kept from having access to editing the content. That will leave you only with drama. Obviously, it works.

My ban is only a virtual heartbeat away: I'm just surprised I lasted as long as I did. There was once a time when I believed in the project's goal of free dissemination of knowledge, but I realise now that I was naive. It's not about that at all, it's about social engineering.

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Fri 23rd December 2011, 1:14am) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 8:03pm) *

The notion that "content creators" occupy some kind of superior position is ridiculous. As far as trolling WR goes the self-righteous "content creator" are much worse of problem than the social media types.

But are they as bad as you?
+Quote Post
Doc glasgow

QUOTE(Malleus @ Fri 23rd December 2011, 1:22am) *

My ban is only a virtual heartbeat away: I'm just surprised I lasted as long as I did. There was once a time when I believed in the project's goal of free dissemination of knowledge, but I realise now that I was naive. It's not about that at all, it's about social engineering.

Rubbish - you have no intention of leaving. And if you do, it will wear off.

This is a ploy - and it is already working. The usual suspects are running about with the "O o O the bastards have killed a good content creator". The community will now war with itself and you get to enjoy the drama. Arbcom will not dare ban you now, (they never would - they don't ban content creators for mere incivility) and you'll be back soon rubbing their noses in it.

Again, this is another poor Giano copycat without the same style.

QUOTE(thekohser @ Fri 23rd December 2011, 2:00am) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 8:33pm) *

I also was thinking why quite a few, should I say notable, content creators got into troubles:
Ottava Rima (T-C-L-K-R-D) articles created
Peter Damian (T-C-L-K-R-D) articles created
MickMacNee (T-C-L-K-R-D) articles created
ChildofMidnight (T-C-L-K-R-D) articles created
and so on.

Come on, would it have killed you to include me? (Not to mention the dozens of other articles created by my socks since then! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

Not every thread is about you, Greg. One of these days you'll get that.
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Doc glasgow @ Fri 23rd December 2011, 2:35am) *

QUOTE(Malleus @ Fri 23rd December 2011, 1:22am) *

Rubbish - you have no intention of leaving. And if you do, it will wear off.

This is a ploy - and it is already working. The usual suspects are running about with the "O o O the bastards have killed a good content creator". The community will now war with itself and you get to enjoy the drama. Arbcom will not dare ban you now, (they never would - they don't ban content creators for mere incivility) and you'll be back soon rubbing their noses in it.

Again, this is another poor Giano copycat without the same style.

QUOTE(thekohser @ Fri 23rd December 2011, 2:00am) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 8:33pm) *

I also was thinking why quite a few, should I say notable, content creators got into troubles:
Ottava Rima (T-C-L-K-R-D) articles created
Peter Damian (T-C-L-K-R-D) articles created
MickMacNee (T-C-L-K-R-D) articles created
ChildofMidnight (T-C-L-K-R-D) articles created
and so on.

Come on, would it have killed you to include me? (Not to mention the dozens of other articles created by my socks since then! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

Not every thread is about you, Greg. One of these days you'll get that.

You presume too much, as many of you ignorant dickheads do. It's about time that ignorance became a notifiable disease in the land of the fat and ignorant.
+Quote Post
Doc glasgow

QUOTE(Malleus @ Fri 23rd December 2011, 3:25am) *

You presume too much, as many of you ignorant dickheads do. It's about time that ignorance became a notifiable disease in the land of the fat and ignorant.

There is a point where you carefully put so much vitriolic invective into a sentence that you forget to actually communicate any facts or comprehensible sentiment. In such cases, you may find "fuck you" is shorter to type!

If ignorance was a notifiable disease in the land of the fat and the ignorant ... then... oh, bugger it, the sentence is simply incoherent nonsense. I do not like green eggs and ham either.

This post has been edited by Doc glasgow:
+Quote Post
Casliber

QUOTE(Doc glasgow @ Fri 23rd December 2011, 2:56pm) *

If ignorance was a notifiable disease in the land of the fat and the ignorant ... then... oh, bugger it, the sentence is simply incoherent nonsense. I do not like green eggs and ham either.

tsk tsk....If ingorance were a notifiable disease etc.

remember the subjunctive
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Eppur si muove   It's open season for Malleus  
Retrospect   The subtitle is a bit wrong. Quite a few admins a...  
Eppur si muove   The subtitle is a bit wrong. Quite a few admins ...  
Ottava   When will people realize that Wikipedia either can...  
Eppur si muove   When will people realize that Wikipedia either ca...  
Ottava   [quote name='A Horse With No Name' post='291306' ...  
GlassBeadGame   [quote name='Malleus' post='291333' date='Thu 22n...  
Eppur si muove   Not every thread is about you, Greg. One of these...  
thekohser   Not every thread is about you, Greg. One of thes...  
Ottava   I think it is time that people drop civility all t...  
Ceoil   Lets just get things straight. There are two ty...  
GlassBeadGame   Hahahahah People are still taking this shit seri...  
A Horse With No Name   Malleus is deliberately rude because it causes d...  
Ottava   The Ed17 mentioned me: I think it was more than...  
EricBarbour   :yecch: to both of you. Doc is right: Malley lov...  
mbz1   I also was thinking why quite a few, should I say ...  
EricBarbour   Trolls should be ignored. It is the only way do d...  
thekohser   I also was thinking why quite a few, should I say...  
GlassBeadGame   I also was thinking why quite a few, should I sa...  
Ottava   Trolls should be ignored. It is the only way do d...  
Fusion   I only wish ignoring trolls were as easy on wiki...  
Vigilant   Trolls should be ignored. It is the only way do ...  
Jaranda   Honestly the ArbCom case of Malleus isn't very...  
Doc glasgow   Honestly the ArbCom case of Malleus isn't ver...  
A Horse With No Name   Rubbish. Malleus is not editing in good faith. ...  
that one guy   It's about time that ignorance became a notif...  
A Horse With No Name   [quote name='A Horse With No Name' post='291371' ...  
that one guy   [quote name='A Horse With No Name' post='291371'...  
thekohser   Greg, you should contact the Pulitzer Prize organ...  
A Horse With No Name   [quote name='A Horse With No Name' post='291371' ...  
mbz1   Malleus, your block is going to end on 12/29. Why ...  
Malleus   Malleus, your block is going to end on 12/29. Why...  
The Joy   [quote name='mbz1' post='291358' date='Fri 23rd D...  
mbz1   [quote name='mbz1' post='291358' date='Fri 23rd D...  
Malleus   [quote name='mbz1' post='291358' date='Fri 23rd ...  
mbz1   [quote name='mbz1' post='291393' date='Fri 23rd D...  
jd turk   Only there is a problem with that. Gwen has chang...  
The Joy   Sigh... could someone block Scarian for grave danc...  
that one guy   Giano does have more style than Malleus. Malleus ...  
Ottava   Doc, serious question - what is your fixation on M...  
Doc glasgow   Doc, serious question - what is your fixation on ...  
Ottava   I didn't know who Malleus was until recently,...  
Vigilant   Doc, serious question - what is your fixation on...  
Malleus   Doc, serious question - what is your fixation on ...  
Ottava   Who cares what Doc claims to think, certainly no...  
Ceoil   I think there is a more fundemental difference bet...  
Malleus   So if you really want to say screw you to ArbCom, ...  
Ottava   So if you really want to say screw you to ArbCom,...  
The Joy   [quote name='Malleus' post='291427' date='Fri 23r...  
Ottava   [quote name='Malleus' post='291427' date='Fri 23...  
The Joy   [quote name='The Joy' post='291442' date='Fri 23r...  
GlassBeadGame   [quote name='The Joy' post='291442' date='Fri 23...  
The Joy   [quote name='The Joy' post='291456' date='Fri 23r...  
Ottava   Malleus, I am banned. You are not. You choose not ...  
Malleus   And true colors? What the hell does that mean? Tha...  
RMHED   If anything, you are insulting me and everyone ...  
Malleus   If anything, you are insulting me and everyone...  
RMHED   [quote name='RMHED' post='291469' date='Fri 23rd ...  
Malleus   You do Eric, you do. Please don't insult us by...  
RMHED   You do Eric, you do. Please don't insult us b...  
Malleus   [quote name='Malleus' post='291476' date='Fri 23r...  
RMHED   [quote name='Malleus' post='291476' date='Fri 23...  
Malleus   [quote name='Malleus' post='291486' date='Fri 23r...  
GlassBeadGame   [quote name='RMHED' post='291489' date='Sat 24th ...  
Malleus   [quote name='Malleus' post='291427' date='Fri 23r...  
GlassBeadGame   Welcome to Nerd Talk. It has been four minutes sin...  
Malleus   Welcome to Nerd Talk. It has been four minutes si...  
mbz1   No comment. "This user is retired. It is clea...  
Malleus   No comment. "This user is retired. It is cle...  
TungstenCarbide   funny edit.  
mbz1   funny edit. :offtopic: Malleus, I'd like t...  
Malleus   [quote name='TungstenCarbide' post='291505' date=...  
mbz1   Malleus, I'd like to ask you please. Let...  
Malleus   [quote name='Malleus' post='291538' date='Sat 24t...  
mbz1   [quote name='Malleus' post='291538' date='Sat 24...  
Malleus   [quote name='Malleus' post='291542' date='Sat 24t...  
mbz1   [quote name='mbz1' post='291545' date='Sat 24th D...  
mbz1   [quote name='mbz1' post='291541' date='Sat 24th D...  
jd turk   Well, "Dumbo Wales" is not blocked, but...  
Doc glasgow   [quote name='mbz1' post='291536' date='Sat 24th D...  
TungstenCarbide   In all of its existence, has there ever been a ...  
Doc glasgow   [quote name='Doc glasgow' post='291577' date='Sun...  
A Horse With No Name   No comment. "This user is retired. It is cle...  
EricBarbour   Glad to see that dimwit Black Kite go back to his...  
Fusion   Maybe he'll get bored, and come to WR looking...  
mbz1   [quote name='mbz1' post='291495' date='Fri 23rd D...  
jd turk   [quote name='mbz1' post='291495' date='Fri 23rd D...  
mbz1   "Couldn't leave without saying this...  
Ottava   Ottava, if you believe you are right, even if the...  
mbz1   Ottava, if you believe you are right, even if th...  
GlassBeadGame   Ottava, if you believe you are right, even if th...  
Ottava   Malleus, I think there is a lot of problems that ...  
mbz1   Sorry, Malleus, but I would like to give you a pie...  
Malleus   Sorry, Malleus, but I would like to give you a pi...  
mbz1   [quote name='mbz1' post='291568' date='Sat 24th D...  
Ottava   Okay, lets get a little philosophical. Emperor, h...  
The Joy   This is the worst Jinnah Day ever.  
that one guy   In other news, the case now is heading to an offic...  
mbz1   In other news, the case now is heading to an offi...  
that one guy   In other news, the case now is heading to an off...  
melloden   Coren should not have voted. He has only 4 more d...  
Detective   Coren should not have voted. He has only 4 more ...  
mbz1   Malleus block has ended although he said a few tim...  
SB_Johnny   Malleus block has ended although he said a few ti...  
mbz1   Malleus block has ended although he said a few t...  
A Horse With No Name   I'll happily re-block Malleus if he makes it ...  
chrisoff   I'll eat Wikipedia if Malleus ever leaves volu...  
Malleus   I'll eat Wikipedia if Malleus ever leaves vol...  
The Joy   It's a Kobayashi Maru for ArbCom. Everyone ha...  
Fusion   No one can win this. Everyone is going to lose. ...  
Ottava   It's a Kobayashi Maru for ArbCom. So Jim...  
SB_Johnny   [quote name='The Joy' post='292120' date='Sat 31s...  
thekohser   [quote name='The Joy' post='292120' date='Sat 31...  
The Joy   [quote name='Ottava' post='292126' date='Sat 31s...  
SB_Johnny   [quote name='thekohser' post='292133' date='Sat 3...  
that one guy   [b]-prior quotes snipped- http://img.photobucke...  
that one guy   (apologizes for the double post) Can anyone parse...  
mbz1   Malleus was not editing for more than 24 hours...  
chrisoff   Malleus's personality seems to have changed si...  
mbz1   What a nice looking table this is!  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)