FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Gazimoff retires -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Gazimoff retires, One less admin, one less AC clerk
LaraLove

Wikipedia BLP advocate

Group: Regulars

I can't find the thread that all these were being discussed in, so if a mod can please move it, that'd be great. Thanks.

So Gazimoff (T-C-L-K-R-D) was the admin who created WP:RREV, the full scale analysis of RFA following RFA/DHMO 3. I believe it was a greatly needed review and I looked forward to the results and possible revamping of the process. Unfortunately, Durova got involved, spouted off her opinion, which basically fell under WP:CHIPSLAW, and it all went downhill from there. Thanks, Durova. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif) Of all the pointless discussion going on around the project that you love to needlessly interject yourself in, it's THIS, which actually served a purpose, that you decided needed to be shutdown? Someone file this as an example of her grand lack of self-awareness.

Anyway, he was also an ArbCom clerk, but has now resigned and retired as seen here.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
LaraLove

Wikipedia BLP advocate

QUOTE(Alex @ Mon 23rd March 2009, 5:50pm) *

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Mon 23rd March 2009, 9:46pm) *

QUOTE(Alex @ Mon 23rd March 2009, 2:49pm) *
I'm sure Wikipedia will struggle on with one less arbcom clerk.
It would struggle on with one less Majorly, too, but what's your point?
The question is: what's your point? People retire everyday, so what?

PS. Did you snigger to yourself thinking up that hilarious retort? I certainly did. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
I don't know what snigger means (and it's not pretty, so I'll stick to whatever is analogous), but I didn't find my retort hilarious. I was being serious. My point, dearest Maj o rly?, is partly summed up in your later post:
QUOTE(Alex @ Mon 23rd March 2009, 6:38pm) *

I think Wikipedia could work and be brilliant if just a few small things were changed. Those small things will never happen, unfortunately.
That's the point, troubled child. Wikipedia needs to make a few changes, but those changes will never happen. At least not until change is forced upon it. That is why it matters when big name admins retire. Admins that are also ArbCom clerks, for example.

In that this has to be explained to you, you clearly don't check in on WR enough; or you're not reading the right threads. To be fair, not all admin losses matter. Of that you can be sure. Your own, for example, was much needed. Of course, considering all the months I fought to yank you down from your administrative pedestal, I'm sure it's clear to everyone where I stand on you and adminship, yet you believe you never abused anything. Right... well, whatever makes you feel better about it.

If you want to stop editing Wikipedia, Majorly, and I think you should, how about you just quit? Here's a good way to do it: Drop a long spiel on your talk page, so that you look like a bigger dumbass than usual if you return, and have all your shit protected. Synergy will swing by and stick his nose in your shit as he so loves to do, but not until a few weeks later, and by then... you just don't care about editing anymore. Trust me.

It's not just an addiction. It's a habit. And for you it's a bad habit. Bad habits can be broken, though. They say something becomes a habit once you do it ten times. Women who take birth control pills may want to fact tag that, but that's what they say. Anyway, it sort of works the other way, too. Stop doing something for a while, and pretty soon, that habit is gone.

If you really love Wikipedia, Majorly, then you'll let it go.
+Quote Post
Alex

Back from the dead

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Tue 24th March 2009, 3:25am) *

QUOTE(Alex @ Mon 23rd March 2009, 5:50pm) *

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Mon 23rd March 2009, 9:46pm) *

QUOTE(Alex @ Mon 23rd March 2009, 2:49pm) *
I'm sure Wikipedia will struggle on with one less arbcom clerk.
It would struggle on with one less Majorly, too, but what's your point?
The question is: what's your point? People retire everyday, so what?

PS. Did you snigger to yourself thinking up that hilarious retort? I certainly did. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
I don't know what snigger means (and it's not pretty, so I'll stick to whatever is analogous), but I didn't find my retort hilarious. I was being serious. My point, dearest Maj o rly?, is partly summed up in your later post:
QUOTE(Alex @ Mon 23rd March 2009, 6:38pm) *

I think Wikipedia could work and be brilliant if just a few small things were changed. Those small things will never happen, unfortunately.
That's the point, troubled child. Wikipedia needs to make a few changes, but those changes will never happen. At least not until change is forced upon it. That is why it matters when big name admins retire. Admins that are also ArbCom clerks, for example.

In that this has to be explained to you, you clearly don't check in on WR enough; or you're not reading the right threads. To be fair, not all admin losses matter. Of that you can be sure. Your own, for example, was much needed. Of course, considering all the months I fought to yank you down from your administrative pedestal, I'm sure it's clear to everyone where I stand on you and adminship, yet you believe you never abused anything. Right... well, whatever makes you feel better about it.

If you want to stop editing Wikipedia, Majorly, and I think you should, how about you just quit? Here's a good way to do it: Drop a long spiel on your talk page, so that you look like a bigger dumbass than usual if you return, and have all your shit protected. Synergy will swing by and stick his nose in your shit as he so loves to do, but not until a few weeks later, and by then... you just don't care about editing anymore. Trust me.

It's not just an addiction. It's a habit. And for you it's a bad habit. Bad habits can be broken, though. They say something becomes a habit once you do it ten times. Women who take birth control pills may want to fact tag that, but that's what they say. Anyway, it sort of works the other way, too. Stop doing something for a while, and pretty soon, that habit is gone.

Do you get cheap thrills from attacking me? Does hurting other people make you feel warm inside? Is it possible for you to talk to me without being so nasty about it? Why do you hate me so much?
+Quote Post
Lar

"His blandness goes to 11!"

Member No.: 4,290

QUOTE(Alex @ Tue 24th March 2009, 9:15am) *

Do you get cheap thrills from attacking me? Does hurting other people make you feel warm inside? Is it possible for you to talk to me without being so nasty about it? Why do you hate me so much?

I hate to see two people I like go at it this way, and you know I think highly of both of you for your good qualities.

Could you guys maybe try to see the good side of each other a bit more? Truth is, you're both right about a lot of very important things, like how addictive WP can be, and how it can tend to foster bad behaviours, and how some of the less fun powergame stuff is... well... less fun. Maybe focus on that, and what good qualities each of you have and know that the other has, instead of focusing on the bad?

Majorly... that means you maybe should try to develop a thicker skin and just let stuff flow on by. People get your goat way easy... because you let them.

Lara... that means you maybe should try to pick on harder targets... someone almost as tough as you is more challenging than Majorly, as they are harder to get a rise out of, don't you think?

You both can tell me to go soak my head now I guess... probably I will have annoyed both of you by posting this. Oh well, sorry. With all the real problems out there that urgently need attention, I hate to see good people like you two, who are on the same side, fight.
+Quote Post
Alex

Back from the dead

QUOTE(Lar @ Tue 24th March 2009, 2:52pm) *

QUOTE(Alex @ Tue 24th March 2009, 9:15am) *

I hate to see two people I like go at it this way, and you know I think highly of both of you for your good qualities.

Could you guys maybe try to see the good side of each other a bit more? Truth is, you're both right about a lot of very important things, like how addictive WP can be, and how it can tend to foster bad behaviours, and how some of the less fun powergame stuff is... well... less fun. Maybe focus on that, and what good qualities each of you have and know that the other has, instead of focusing on the bad?

Majorly... that means you maybe should try to develop a thicker skin and just let stuff flow on by. People get your goat way easy... because you let them.

Lara... that means you maybe should try to pick on harder targets... someone almost as tough as you is more challenging than Majorly, as they are harder to get a rise out of, don't you think?

You both can tell me to go soak my head now I guess... probably I will have annoyed both of you by posting this. Oh well, sorry. With all the real problems out there that urgently need attention, I hate to see good people like you two, who are on the same side, fight.

I'd love it if Lara could stop trying to drag my name though the mud at every chance possible. I don't think anyone ever has insulted, belittled, attacked and bullied me in ways she has done. I haven't felt like this since high school, when a lad in my year group used to pick on a bunch of us. He thought because he was bigger and better than us he could push us around, beat us up and bully us. This is just like Lara, except now it's me on my own, and we're a little older and mature than that. What's ironic here is that Lara goes on about how awful I am, but she is just as bad as I am, in so many ways. I am personally trying to put my own problems behind me. Lara seems to enjoy bringing them up to put me down. This is a thread about Gazimoff, and she couldn't resist bringing up my desysopping - that took place nearly seven months ago - as if it's the latest thing. I wish she would put it to rest. I have never said I was a perfect admin, and I admitted I made errors. She cannot seem to accept this, and believes that I think I was completely without any problems at all. Lara once told me that she was horrible to me because she thought I was a crappy admin. Now I've not been one for over six months, she's still using every opportunity to put me down. If I was to ever leave Wikipedia, it would not because Wikipedia is a problem, but it would be because I can't bear what she's doing. Perhaps I should toughen up a bit, but perhaps Lara should just stop picking on people, then we wouldn't have this problem.

I have recently been on threads here where me, her, Malleus and Iridescent all agree on something, and we're perfectly capable of having an adult conversation. I'd like to keep it that way, without being attacked and ridiculed, by what is no better than schoolyard bullying.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
LaraLove   Gazimoff retires  
Alex   No offence to him, but the RFA review was a waste ...  
Gazimoff   I was wondering why my ears were burning Nothing...  
Kevin   I was wondering why my ears were burning Nothin...  
LaraLove   No offence to him, but the RFA review was a waste...  
Alex   [quote name='Alex' post='163104' date='Mon 23rd M...  
Son of a Yeti   The question is: what's your point? People re...  
Samuel Culper Sr.   Welcome Gazimoff. Enjoy the chips and salsa by th...  
EricBarbour   Yes, it struggles on. And more to the point: Was ...  
Alex   Yes, it struggles on. And more to the point: Was...  
EricBarbour   I'll tell you why: I'm addicted. I'll ...  
Alex   There are options, remember? Citizendium, Encyc.o...  
Ahypori   The thing is I enjoy writing articles on Wikipedi...  
Malleus   To begin with, chanelling the "dramaenergy...  
Alison   I'll tell you why: I'm addicted. I'll...  
Alex   Join the Review, Stu Been there, done that...  
Floydsvoid   And get yourself free .... Hear... hear.... I vo...  
Lar   I'll tell you why: I'm addicted. I'l...  
CharlotteWebb   I'll tell you why: I'm addicted. I'll...  
EricBarbour   If you want to stop editing Wikipedia, Majorly, an...  
CharlotteWebb   I'd love it if Lara could stop trying to drag...  
GlassBeadGame   I hate to see two people I like go at it this w...  
Bottled_Spider   I hate to see two people I like go at it this way...  
Gazimoff   And more to the point: Was Gazimoff pushed out by...  
LaraLove   Why do you hate me so much? You sound like Kurt n...  
CharlotteWebb   Why do you hate me so much? You sound like Kurt ...  
Malleus   [quote name='LaraLove' post='163224' date='Tue 24...  
LaraLove   I'd love it if Lara could stop trying to drag...  
Gazimoff   Soon after standing in an election? Did he need t...  
Shalom   Soon after standing in an election? Did he need ...  
Daniel   Yeah, I was wondering what SoaY meant...anyway, G...  
weburiedoursecretsinthegarden   I don't know exactly where this thread has gon...  
EricBarbour   :offtopic:  
Gazimoff   6 months away, and resolve is slipping. Feeling th...  
CharlotteWebb   6 months away, and resolve is slipping. Feeling t...  
CharlotteWebb   6 months away, and resolve is slipping. Feeling ...  
Gazimoff   Sorry, you fail. Maybe. Maybe I won. Depends wh...  
Moulton   Fail again! Fail again! Harder! Harde...  
LaraLove   6 months away, and resolve is slipping. Feeling t...  
Malleus   6 months away, and resolve is slipping. Feeling ...  
Appleby   6 months away, and resolve is slipping. Feeling t...  
Kevin   6 months away, and resolve is slipping. Feeling t...  
A Horse With No Name   6 months away, and resolve is slipping. Feeling t...  
Gazimoff   6 months away, and resolve is slipping. Feeling ...  
jayvdb   I'm currently doing some research into crowds...  
Gazimoff   Make [wp]Felix Pedro a featured article on or bef...  
LaraLove   What's your stance on the BLP problem? I t...  
Apathetic   Biopedia?  
Eva Destruction   Biopedia? BLPdeia  
CharlotteWebb   Biopedia? BLPdeia BLPocalypse Now!  
Eva Destruction   [quote name='Eva Destruction' post='196256' date=...  
Milton Roe   [quote name='Eva Destruction' post='196256' date...  
LaraLove   Gossipedia Wikigossip Wikitabloid Wikitabloidiges...  
Milton Roe   Gossipedia Wikigossip Wikitabloid Wikitabloidige...  
A Horse With No Name   I'll dwell on this. I've always been part ...  
LaraLove   I was thinking Wikiography.  
Viridae   6 months away, and resolve is slipping. Feeling ...  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)