FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Cirt revisited -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cirt revisited
carbuncle

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars

You may recall earlier threads discussing Cirt's aggressive anti-Scientology efforts on WP, and the suggestion that Cirt may be a paid editor. A recent thread on ANI involving Cirt's creation of Daryl Wine Bar and Restaurant, which looks like the type of thing an experienced paid editor would write, made me look at the again at the paid editing suggestions.

I suggested an article was a puff piece. Rather than engage in discussion, the article creator has been deleting standard WP procedures for addressing these concerns. Cirt has been both disruptive and using harrassing techniques to defend the article used to advertise the "Daryl restaurant and wine bar." He clearly has a personal interest in the restaurant is is using his position as an administrator abusively. Njsustain (talk) 17:23, 25 July 2010 (UTC)

Cirt recently created a ridiculous puff piece for minor actress Jamie Sorrentini. Turns out that Sorrentini is a former Scientologist whose story is told here. One of the partners in Daryl Winebar? Its namesake Daryl Sorrentini, who happens to be the mother of Jamie Sorrentini. Is it possible that Cirt's "paid editing" has really just been an extreme extension of their anti-Scientology editing?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

Interesting. I hope that one or more of our Reviewers who are yet unbanned at WP (and may even be admins or arbs) pick this up and run with it.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 25th July 2010, 2:17pm) *
Cirt recently created a ridiculous puff piece for minor actress Jamie Sorrentini. Turns out that Sorrentini is a former Scientologist whose story is told here. One of the partners in Daryl Winebar? Its namesake Daryl Sorrentini, who happens to be the mother of Jamie Sorrentini. Is it possible that Cirt's "paid editing" has really just been an extreme extension of their anti-Scientology editing?

Or Cirt is a Sorrentini, or a close friend thereof.

Nice find!
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

So following up my own post, I took a look at the specific articles mentioned as likely paid editing in an earlier thread. Here's my assessment:

Twisted Scriptures - The author, Mary Alice Chrnalogar, is a cult deprogrammer and "was among a group of prominent deprogrammers who became embroiled in nasty legal battles with Church of Scientology members".

The Official Razzie Movie Guide - The publication has bestowed many Razzie awards on the movie adaptation of Scientology founder (and science fiction author) L Ron Hubbard's "Battlefield Earth". There's a whole section on it in the WP article.

Leaving Springfield - no clue.
+Quote Post
CharlotteWebb

Postmaster General

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Fri 16th July 2010, 1:21am) *
QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Thu 15th July 2010, 9:27pm) *
QUOTE(Jagärdu @ Thu 15th July 2010, 7:26pm) *
Wikipedia has recently been blessed with an article about Jamie Sorrentini who ecently played "Slutty Woman" in an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. If Cirt isn't a PR Wikipedian for hire then I'll eat my keyboard.
1. Circulate rumors that this actress is a scientologist.
2. Observe Cirt's reaction.
3. Profit.
It appears that step one is unnecessary. This blog post may have been the impetus for Cirt's interest.

Damn, are there no jokes left to tell?

Cutting to the chase, how unusual is it for a confirmed former scientologist not to be identified as precisely such on WP? Are there other known omissions or is Ms. Sorrentini unique in this regard?

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 25th July 2010, 10:09pm) *

Nancy Cartwright is probably the missing link.
+Quote Post
Cock-up-over-conspiracy

Now censored by flckr.com and who else ... ???

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 25th July 2010, 9:17pm) *
You may recall earlier threads discussing Cirt's aggressive anti-Scientology efforts on WP, and the suggestion that Cirt may be a paid editor ...

Nah, it is just his way of owning a topic or topic area saying to them all ... "step back into the Church and I will document it on Wikipedia!". Who is going to pay for anti-cult work?

You may as well say that it looks like a puff piece an experienced Wikipedian would write, which he is.

Now, as for the other cult you mention, The Church of Slutty "Actresses", there are plenty of its adherents rampaging all over the Wikipedia unchecked.

That is a very touchingly written blog piece which captures the madness of it all very well.
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Mon 26th July 2010, 12:10am) *

Cutting to the chase, how unusual is it for a confirmed former scientologist not to be identified as precisely such on WP? Are there other known omissions or is Ms. Sorrentini unique in this regard?
My assumption is that like similar religious, ethnic, or political campaigns on WP, anti-Scientology editing is a coordinated activity that is discussed offsite or in an email list. I admit that I haven't looked into this a great deal outside of the obvious involvement of Cirt. While I would characterize Cirt's depth of involvement as excessive (or perhaps obsessive) and abusive, I am no fan of Scientology and have no desire to enable their pro-Scientology campaign either.

QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Mon 26th July 2010, 12:10am) *

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 25th July 2010, 10:09pm) *

Nancy Cartwright is probably the missing link.
Seems tenuous, but perhaps that's it.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 25th July 2010, 5:17pm) *

You may recall earlier threads discussing Cirt's aggressive anti-Scientology efforts on WP, and the suggestion that Cirt may be a paid editor. A recent thread on ANI involving Cirt's creation of Daryl Wine Bar and Restaurant, which looks like the type of thing an experienced paid editor would write, made me look at the again at the paid editing suggestions.

As a professional publicist, I can put money down that Cirt (assuming that he wrote it) is clearly a PR/marketing professional. This is one of the finest marketing pieces I've seen in ages -- this is not the work of a hobbyist with an axe to grind.

This post has been edited by A Horse With No Name:
+Quote Post
chrisoff

Group: Contributors

As a professional publicist, I can put money down that Cirt (assuming that he wrote it) is clearly a PR/marketing professional.

I agree. Reminiscent of all his cheese cookbook articles, for example. He writes as if he is a promoter. Most of what he writes promotes something.
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

It's completely incredible. On a project like Wikipedia, preventing possible conflict of interest should be the most important priority, overriding everything else. But behold the discussion at ANI

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=..._User_Njsustain

It's called 'disruption by user Njsustain'. That's right. The person being accused of disruption is the person who brought the issue to light. And behold the line of idiotic or corrupt Wikipedians lining up with cudgels to bash the complainer.

I'm physically sick.

And what about this

Dear Sir, I'm just curious as to whether you think it is alright for admins to call users "d*cks" (but with an i instead of a *)? EVula called me this repeatedly on Wikipedia:Administrators'_noticeboard/Incidents. I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong, but I didn't realize it was okay to be sweared at by administrators in the process. Just wondering whether this was the future of being part of the WP community? Thanks for your contributions towards society. Sincerely, Njsustain (talk) 18:26, 25 July 2010 (UTC)

See WP:DICK. It isn't good to call someone a dick, but it is even better not to be one.--Scott Mac 18:30, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for clearing up the acceptable etiquette here on WP, sad as it apparently is. Njsustain (talk) 18:33, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Jim...es#Just_curious

This post has been edited by Peter Damian:
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Mon 26th July 2010, 2:55pm) *

It's called 'disruption by user Njsustain'. That's right. The person being accused of disruption is the person who brought the issue to light. And behold the line of idiotic or corrupt Wikipedians lining up with cudgels to bash the complainer.

I'm physically sick.

And what about this

Dear Sir, I'm just curious as to whether you think it is alright for admins to call users "d*cks" (but with an i instead of a *)? EVula called me this repeatedly on Wikipedia:Administrators'_noticeboard/Incidents. I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong, but I didn't realize it was okay to be sweared at by administrators in the process. Just wondering whether this was the future of being part of the WP community? Thanks for your contributions towards society. Sincerely, Njsustain (talk) 18:26, 25 July 2010 (UTC)

See WP:DICK. It isn't good to call someone a dick, but it is even better not to be one.--Scott Mac 18:30, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for clearing up the acceptable etiquette here on WP, sad as it apparently is. Njsustain (talk) 18:33, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Jim...es#Just_curious

The name calling originates here:

I honestly think Njsustain is being a bit of a dick here. Assuming Cirt has a conflict in interest with the subject of the article just because he wrote it doesn't really make sense; plenty of editors write articles about things that they don't have a stake in... EVula // talk // ☯ // 17:56, 25 July 2010 (UTC)

If we are to get into EVula's teeny-weeny brain, we would see no problem in the scenario where someone wakes up one morning and, out of the blue, writes an extensively-researched article about an obscure three-year-old restaurant located inside an obscure hotel in New Brunswick, N.J.

As for the New York Times' restaurant reviews in the article - it is bullsh*t. The coverage is not from the Wednesday food section of the Times -- where the restaurant critics are brutally honest and often negative -- but from the Sunday N.J. regional section, where all of the restaurant reviews are positive. Anyone who lives in the New York metropolitan section and reads the Times would recognize that immediately.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Mon 26th July 2010, 7:30am) *

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 25th July 2010, 5:17pm) *

As a professional publicist, I can put money down that Cirt (assuming that he wrote it) is clearly a PR/marketing professional. This is one of the finest marketing pieces I've seen in ages -- this is not the work of a hobbyist with an axe to grind.

Therefore, let us find some criticism of Daryl Wine Bar and Restaurant, and twist Cirt's COI knobs a bit. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

The discussion here is also astonishing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...rant_notability

How do you point out the bleeding obvious to people who are incapable of appreciating its bleeding obviousness?

Cyclopia I don't follow this argument at all. You are arguing that applying measurable criteria to determine the overall significance of something equates to bias. All "notability" policies are expressly involved with such significance. Something of only local interest is not of interest to the broad audience of an encyclopedia. It is obvious why we have this language in the policy.Griswaldo (talk) 18:18, 26 July 2010 (UTC)

Should we avoid to cover specialized academic subjects because they could not be "of interest to the broad audience of an encyclopedia"? Of course not. For the same reason, we shouldn't bias our coverage by refusing to use local RS. It is not "obvious", given that this guideline (not policy!) is the only one I'm aware that specifically singles out local sources as unsuitable - WP:GNG does nothing of the sort, and it is our main guideline for notability. --Cyclopiatalk 19:20, 26 July 2010 (UTC)

Cyclopia, clearly "significance" is not simply measured in brute quantity. Academic subjects usually do not suffer from the same "local vs. global" issue that is concerning us here. Academic communities are usually transnational or global (yes that's a step beyond national, and two steps beyond regional), even if they are small. The subject matters of academic pursuits may be of interest to any lay reader who is digging further into a subject matter that is, once again, of universal interest. Do you care to give an example of an academic subject we cover that you would argue it is on par with? It might be better to discuss this with a concrete example in mind. I await it.Griswaldo (talk) 19:29, 26 July 2010 (UTC)

Oh and someone has spotted the false claim award. Well spotted http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=375571044

James Beard Foundation Award nomination
The article states that the restaurant was nominated for a James Beard Foundation Award as "best new restaurant". The sources used are an unidentified PDF file and a magazine website. The former appears to be some kind of voting form, and the text for the latter was almost certainly submitted by the restaurant themselves (that's just how it works, folks). Using the search form on the James Beard Foundation site, I was unable to find any listing for "daryl" or "david drake". Can someone please confirm my results? Thanks. Delicious carbuncle (talk) 17:43, 26 July 2010 (UTC)

[edit] Definitive results (inaccurate claim)
This was painstaking because of the lack of browsability on the website but I found a list of the winner and the FOUR other nominees for "Best New Restaurant". This link will take you there - 2008 Best New Restaurant. The promo piece linked to in the magazine was clearly incorrect, but then again it is hardly a WP:RS in the first place. It's very disappointing to see this inaccuracy coming to light on top of everything else.Griswaldo (talk) 18:36, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Daryl_Wine_Bar_and_Restaurant"

Disappointing but hardly unexpected.

[edit] And Jimbo even brings in Mzoli's meats:

It's not up to me to decide policy at that level of scale, and so I offer only a general opinion. I think that having such articles is not within the scope of Wikipedia for a number of reasons, more or less along the lines that Griswaldo has outlined. It should be noted, since it accidentally and foolishly made headlines a few years ago, that I started the entry Mzoli's, but I did so on the premise that the restaurant is culturally interesting, as it has been popular with both whites and blacks in a South African township, and because of various complexities surrounding its impact on the community.
.--Jimbo Wales (talk) 14:41, 26 July 2010 (UTC)

+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Mon 26th July 2010, 1:16pm) *

[edit] And Jimbo even brings in Mzoli's meats:

It's not up to me to decide policy at that level of scale, and so I offer only a general opinion. I think that having such articles is not within the scope of Wikipedia for a number of reasons, more or less along the lines that Griswaldo has outlined. It should be noted, since it accidentally and foolishly made headlines a few years ago, that I started the entry Mzoli's, but I did so on the premise that the restaurant is culturally interesting, as it has been popular with both whites and blacks in a South African township, and because of various complexities surrounding its impact on the community.
.--Jimbo Wales (talk) 14:41, 26 July 2010 (UTC)

What a pile of horseshit.. There's absolutely nothing on the stub Jimbo started to indicate he had any interest in any of this at all, at the time. All the stuff suggesting that Mzoli's is the pivotal center of post-appartheid reconstructionism (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif) was added by Jimbo-toadies later, and heartily endorsed by Jimbo when, after a few days, the thing was inevitably up for deletion under non-notable and NOT:TRAVELGUIDE. But he didn't start that way.

The stub, after Jimbo started and got through with it (total of two edits) was this:

Mzoli's Meats is a butcher shop and restuarant located in Guguletu township near Cape Town, South Africa.

That's all Jimbo wrote, PLUS put in two links to two blogs, which certainly were not WP:RS reliable sources.
+Quote Post
cookiehead

I had a little run in with "Cirt" on some biography of some old Werner (Engerhart?) or other. What a nutjob. And Cirt isn't playing with a full deck either.

Completely irrational watchdogging. Not unlike the Scientology cult watchdogs that this Cirt character is pulling a Joan of Arc act against.

Cirt is a SPA account. I thought that was not allowed on the Wikipedia?
+Quote Post
Jagärdu

Ha. Cirt is busy writing for the enemy. Clearly he has no stake in this! Phew, and to think we all thought he had something to gain from a positive review. To think we all thought ... how silly.
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

QUOTE(Jagärdu @ Mon 26th July 2010, 11:47pm) *

Ha. Cirt is busy writing for the enemy. Clearly he has no stake in this! Phew, and to think we all thought he had something to gain from a positive review. To think we all thought … how silly.

Good Grief. That "article" is the very definition of "non-encyclopedic".

Jon (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sick.gif)
+Quote Post
cookiehead

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Mon 26th July 2010, 11:52pm) *

QUOTE(Jagärdu @ Mon 26th July 2010, 11:47pm) *

Ha. Cirt is busy writing for the enemy. Clearly he has no stake in this! Phew, and to think we all thought he had something to gain from a positive review. To think we all thought … how silly.

Good Grief. That "article" is the very definition of "non-encyclopedic".

Jon (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sick.gif)

Cirt's doing a public service by saving us from Thetan Soup? Shouldn't this thorough editor who never missed an opportunity to inject Scientology trivia about current, former, and bicurious 'Tologists into articles? The owner's recent dabblings in Thetan Soup recipes at the local Chef El Ron cooking school must be included!

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=375669385

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats...sorrentini.html

This post has been edited by cookiehead:
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

The Daryl Wine Bar article is an ugly, ugly joke--as is Cirt's heavyhanded involvement.

Let's compare its current length (19,714 bytes) to some far, far more famous restaurants.

The 21 Club. World-famous, mentioned in endless novels, movies, TV shows, etc.
Length of WP article: 12,046 bytes.

The Four Seasons Restaurant. Also world-famous.
Length of WP article: 5,876 bytes.

Gallagher's Steak House.
Length of WP article: 3,836 bytes.

Chasen's.
Length of WP article: 3,790 bytes.

Barney's Beanery.
Length of WP article: 3,883 bytes.

Musso & Frank Grill.
Length of WP article: a measly 2,170 bytes.

Rainbow Bar and Grill.
Length of WP article: 5,684 bytes.

Cirt is corrupt. And any admin, such as EVula or that idiot Cyclopia, who supports Cirt's lunatic crusade
is just as guilty as he is. (need to look into EVula's other dirty tricks.)

This situation, esp. the AN/I attack on Njsustain, reeks of off-wiki canvassing and other crap.

They are ruining Wikipedia, by allowing this kind of transparent bullshit to continue.
(Not that anyone in the WMF seems to care, business as usual.)

(edit): oohhhh! Looky look, Jimbo told Cirt to knock it off!!! And he said no!......laffy laffy laffy! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif)

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
milowent

I just stumbled upon the Daryl's AfD, and the article struck me as so blatant (just like Ken Dicksons' was), I knew there would be a thread here.

I wrote what I thought was a decent little stub yesterday on Sanko Park, a mall in eastern Turkey that was highlighted in a NY Times article over the weekend (essentially how Turkey is sucking in Syrian/Arab customers with Western-style shopping).

Then I read that Daryl's crapola and got pissed.
+Quote Post
ulsterman

Group: Inactive

QUOTE(cookiehead @ Tue 27th July 2010, 3:37am) *

I had a little run in with "Cirt" on some biography of some old Werner (Engerhart?) or other. What a nutjob. And Cirt isn't playing with a full deck either.

I think you mean Werner Erhard (T-H-L-K-D). He has some Scientology connection, which is of course Cirt's specialty. Indeed, there is a separate and utterly unnecessary article Scientology and Werner Erhard (T-H-L-K-D). It was (surprise) started by Smee, which is one of Cirt's former accounts.
+Quote Post
taiwopanfob

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Tue 27th July 2010, 5:54am) *

(edit): oohhhh! Looky look, Jimbo told Cirt to knock it off!!! And he said no!......laffy laffy laffy! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif)

Cirt said "no to all questions" -- including the ones about "eating there" and the like.

Then why did he/she/it create the article?

Anyways, without knowing Cirt's "real life" identity, it is impossible to verify if he/she/it is even speaking honest answers to those questions. Jimbo must be aware of this problem, so all the dripping "good cop" politeness and the rest is as big a sham as Cirt him/her/itself is. (Like airport security people who say "Either I will shove my hand up your ass, or you can have that guy over there do it. Isn't choice wonderful?")

There is more than enough evidence that suggests that Cirt is in conflict of interest with many articles (too many coincidences), and is generally a propaganda account (the common element). At this point, given Cirt's unknown identity, and the damage this kind of behavior can inflict, reasonable men must turn the table: the onus should be on Cirt to prove they are not in conflict. If that is unacceptable, or even impossible, then Cirt should be shown the door.
+Quote Post
thekohser

QUOTE(taiwopanfob @ Tue 27th July 2010, 7:15am) *

Cirt said "no to all questions" -- including the ones about "eating there" and the like.

I have had many discussions with Cirt electronically (Google Chat and e-mail), and the position he maintains (odd to me as it seems), is that he is fervently (almost to the point of panic) opposed to the Church of Scientology. He monitors people and organizations who have ever been "threatened" by the CoS. He then believes he is "assisting" or "rewarding" those victimized people by giving them the "gift" of coverage in Wikipedia.

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif)

That, in itself, is a problem that anyone on Wikipedia who cares about Wikipedia being misused should be able to recognize. Now, whether people like Jimmy Wales honestly care about Wikipedia being misused, or whether they merely wish to appear that they care about Wikipedia's misuse... that's another level altogether.
+Quote Post
Jagärdu

QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 27th July 2010, 1:54pm) *

I have had many discussions with Cirt electronically (Google Chat and e-mail), and the position he maintains (odd to me as it seems), is that he is fervently (almost to the point of panic) opposed to the Church of Scientology. He monitors people and organizations who have ever been "threatened" by the CoS. He then believes he is "assisting" or "rewarding" those victimized people by giving them the "gift" of coverage in Wikipedia.

Well maybe Cirt likes to mix business with pleasure? Of course if he were approaching others who have these connections to anti-Scientilogy and suggesting that he would take a donation for PR work on Wikipedia I feel like we'd know about that by now. I'm beginning to sway back to the POV that he's just completely nuts. His recent comment on Cyclopia's talk page also points in that direction. Apparently the policy discussion at WP:CORP is just another venue for others to "attack" Cirt. Good grief.

This post has been edited by Jagärdu:
+Quote Post
Avirosa

QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 27th July 2010, 2:54pm) *
He then believes he is "assisting" or "rewarding" those victimized people by giving them the "gift" of coverage in Wikipedia.

It's little more than an informal 'free masonary' where 'belongers' give a hand to other 'belongers' of their group. In Cirt's case it's ex Sci, but there is just as likely similar 'puffing' going on across Wikipedia for every conceivable 'belonger group'. I don't understand all the hyperbole here about Cirt - surely he/she is just doing (once the rubicon of actually editing has been crossed) the only thing that makes half sense, and playing Wikipedia to maximise your own world view. What's notable is what I say it is, what's COI is that with which I don't agree, what's NPOV is what supports my world view etc.

A.virosa
+Quote Post
cookiehead

well at least the godking gets it. seems like a reasonable man. also knows how to take humor, which is funny because its true, and not get upset by it. A sign of high intelligence from the welshman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=375711564

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=375709130

Although he does contradict himself, as my recommendation has obviously been productive and necessary to motivate said King to get to the point of the matter.

That, and Daryl's is no mizzoli's meat. It's not run by a Sci refugee so not notable....

+Quote Post
thekohser

I see a lot of my old 2007 style in Cookiehead's WP technique!
+Quote Post
thekohser

Way to go, Cirt. A couple dozen people per day were looking at the promotional article, but now hundreds are looking at the deletion hate-fest surrounding the article.

Maybe you ought to reconsider this crusade of yours to "help" victims of Scientology through Wikipedia article creation?
+Quote Post
cookiehead

QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 27th July 2010, 1:03pm) *

I see a lot of my old 2007 style in Cookiehead's WP technique!

well, we all have our inspirations, greggers, and you are at the top of any list of Wikipunditry. One catches more flies with laughs than with boring old statements of the obvious. But let's not go to Dramatica extremes.

You've got to charm them to make them learn, and jimby is no exception to the rule. That and he's probably worried about all those nasty Elronnies putting Thetans in his iced lattes if he keeps letting Cirt run amok. The man is going to wear himself out. Perhaps he should be reassigned to the anti-Larouche or pro-Peta team to give him a break from saving the world from Science Fiction as self-help

And please please eat at Daryl's. Support your local refugee!
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

Somewhat churlish of Cirt to block Ellipse Records, I thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Ellipsegrouprecords

Given the circumstances, anyway.

QUOTE(cookiehead @ Tue 27th July 2010, 6:21pm) *

One catches more flies with laughs than with boring old statements of the obvious.

Your comment on the AfD was the funniest thing I have read for ages.

""Keep"" - run by a Scientolgist, so we've got to support Cirt's crusade by documenting their every more. Got to keep those Thetans out of our soup on theatre night. Cookiehead (talk) 03:37, 27 July 2010 (UTC)

The problem is, I didn't see any of the inhabitants laughing.

A comment like this is NOT acceptable either as a reason for deletion (it will obviously be ignored by the closing admin) or as a statement anywhere on wikipedia. Please try to restrain yourself James (T C) 04:39, 27 July 2010 (UTC)

[edit]
Wow, The Ivy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ivy only gets one paragraph.

+Quote Post
Jagärdu

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Tue 27th July 2010, 7:00pm) *

Somewhat churlish of Cirt to block Ellipse Records, I thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Ellipsegrouprecords

Given the circumstances, anyway.

Yeah the irony in his edit summary is pretty amzing. If you're Cirt how do you block someone for "advertising or promotion" in middle of all this?

+Quote Post
Peter Damian

QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 27th July 2010, 6:20pm) *

Way to go, Cirt. A couple dozen people per day were looking at the promotional article, but now hundreds are looking at the deletion hate-fest surrounding the article.

Maybe you ought to reconsider this crusade of yours to "help" victims of Scientology through Wikipedia article creation?

Do not forget the article itself!

http://stats.grok.se/en/201007/Daryl_Wine_Bar_and_Restaurant
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 27th July 2010, 5:20pm) *

Check out the spike on Jamie Sorrentini. Coincident with the publication of the blog post linked earlier, the newly created article got a two day bump and then settled into a handful of hits per day until yesterday when it suddenly jumped up to 1.8k. I don't think WR readers are solely responsible for that, and I don't think the link has been made yet on WP in the Daryl Wine Bar AFD. Interesting.
+Quote Post
Jagärdu

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Tue 27th July 2010, 8:10pm) *

... when it suddenly jumped up to 1.8k. I don't think WR readers are solely responsible for that ...

The idea that Wikipedia Review readers would be responsible for 1,800 hits in one day ... that's funny. This explains it.

+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

The only editor other than Cirt who's been making significant edits to the Daryl's article is Freakshownerd (T-C-L-K-R-D) .

After looking at FSN's contribs, I am beginning to suspect that FSN is a sock of an experienced Wikipediot.
This account is only 2 months old, yet has created a lot of lengthy articles.
He also spends a lot of time editing controversial articles. Favorite subjects include obscure wildlife
reserves and state parks in Florida; the Gaza flotilla raid; Alvin Greene; obscure small record labels;
Resignation of Shirley Sherrod ‎; Andrew Breitbart; Phillip E. Johnson; Peter Duesberg;
and most recently, Daryl's, plus the David Drake (chef) BLP. (Well, is Mr. Drake "notable" or not? I think not.)

I always get suspicious when I see an account that makes lots of pointless, lengthy edits like this.
That, believe it or not, is a typical Freakshownerd edit. Except for Cirt's obsession with Scientology and
admin duties, these two accounts display remarkably similar patterns, like paid editors who "grind"
pointless edits in order to inflate their editcounts.
Don't be surprised if someone suddenly nominates FSN for adminship.

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
HRIP7

QUOTE(taiwopanfob @ Tue 27th July 2010, 7:15am) *

Greg has given a plausible answer; although Cirt denies it.

By the way, the reason Cirt wrote that puff piece about Kenneth Dickson is evidently this. Anonymous didn't like Dickson's opponent.
+Quote Post
cookiehead

Well, Daryl's was saved! Hallelujah! (not sure how they say that in Scientology Church. "Travolta!"?)

Meanwhile, the prolific and venerable John Vandenburg has recommended that the doubly-notable http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_(restaurant) should be merged into the article of the hotel in which it resides.

Hmm.....Daryl's Wine Bar and Scientologist Refugee Farm is also located in a well-known hotel. So I'm sure Vandy would want to merge this pedestrian grape juice bar into the main hotel article?

http://www.theheldrich.com/

I'm sure this suggestion will be made shortly.

This will surely be a new topic of progressive, chicken or egg, discussion on Hotel Bars superceding the notability of Hotels?
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(cookiehead @ Mon 2nd August 2010, 3:55pm) *

Well, Daryl's was saved! Hallelujah! (not sure how they say that in Scientology Church. "Travolta!"?)

+Quote Post
cookiehead

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Mon 2nd August 2010, 12:00pm) *

huge creepy anime (redundant!) picture

That was odd the first time and irritating the second time. Probably not unlike my Review contributions. Could you get that image size down to a dull roar? Thanks, uncle!
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(cookiehead @ Mon 2nd August 2010, 4:05pm) *

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Mon 2nd August 2010, 12:00pm) *

huge creepy anime (redundant!) picture

That was odd the first time and irritating the second time. Probably not unlike my Review contributions. Could you get that image size down to a dull roar? Thanks, uncle!

I'm sure Cirt gets the joke. I wish I knew how to make images smaller here - can someone clue me in?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)