FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Geogre's Daily Kos Diary -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Geogre's Daily Kos Diary, Administration: Lashes (L)earned from my Wikipedia Years
The Joy

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Group: Members
Member No.: 982

Administration: Lashes (L)earned from my Wikipedia Years

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/06/13/9...-Years?via=user

Some interesting points there. I'm glad to see Geogre (T-C-L-K-R-D) is still kicking. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

Edit: Could a mod change "Dairy" to "Diary?" (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Kelly Martin

Bring back the guttersnipes!

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 6,696

The lack of transparency isn't the real problem, it's the lack of accountability. Wikipedia has a plethora of segregated communication channels, and is horribly siloed. This appears to be by design, probably because in such an environment a great deal of power can be obtained by brokering community knowledge, and so those who have thereby acquired power are loath to allow change. The IRC channels are merely one symptom of this broader issue.

Geogre's ranting is misdirected; he is mainly annoyed that he failed in his quest for power and recognition, and is mainly bitching about the aspects of Wikipedia that thwarted him in that regard. He simply did not have enough time to spend all of it in the sort of information brokering that is the path to power on Wikipedia, probably because he has something of a life. His "solutions" would, in many cases, not actually have improved Wikipedia; they would merely make it serve his interests better. That said, some of his ideas were indeed good; I was very fond of his "pure wiki deletion" concept, for example.

There are some good comments in his blog, but he's still a long way off from letting go.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)