FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
JzG up to his old tricks on the Spam Blacklist -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JzG up to his old tricks on the Spam Blacklist
Kato

dhd

Group: Regulars

It turns out that JzG is up to his old tricks in the quieter environment of the Spam Blacklist.

Apparently, last month, he unilaterally placed a couple of legitimate links on the "Spam blacklist" to enforce some content dispute he was involved in over Cold Fusion.

Funnily enough, he did this shortly after I theorized here:

QUOTE(Kato @ Sat 27th December 2008, 6:16pm) *

JzG has always been paranoid/obsessed/fixated with arbitrary bits of information which he alone judges to be "spam".

This "spam" notion is so riddled with discrepancies, anomalies and hypocrisies that only JzG has been able to fathom it.

Anything he comes across at any given time can potentially be removed by him as "spam". And the editor who added the removed material can quickly be denounced as someone "not cut out to be a Wikipedian" and may be added to his enemy list.

Some well respected spam supervisor bod picked him up on it (He actually wrote several scathing posts to JzG):

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...energytimes.com

QUOTE(Abd to JzG bolding mine)
Blocking and banning people who hold a minority position and advocate it is highly unlikely to improve the encyclopedia; it's more likely to make it dull and less useful. When I'm researching a topic, I want to know about the minority positions, in an NPOV but relatively complete manner, not just majority views.

[JzG]'s been asked to revert the blacklisting on the grounds of conflict of interest, if nothing else, and he's refused. So ... we will now see if it is legitimate to make "fringe" arguments and RS arguments in blacklisting, if mission creep has overcome the restraints on the blacklists, and if an administrator can protect his own edits to an article by blacklisting. If that's happened, broader community attention will be necessary, I'm afraid. This part of this affair could end quickly, right here. --Abd (talk) 22:45, 17 January 2009 (UTC)

and sums up
QUOTE(Abd to JzG)
[this is] not the mission of the blacklist; instead, it was here used outside its mission by an administrator with clear involvement, in promotion of his "anti-fringe" POV, not in pursuit of true NPOV and balance, on the face of it, but of a "side."

JzG responds in the way only he knows how:
QUOTE(JzG)
Perhaps we can think again if we ever get rid of the ring of POV-pushers, but the fringe types are too much of a problem right now, they got far too embedded and lots of folks are having to work very hard to pick apart all their nonsense and move back towards policy compliance on several articles. Guy (Help!) 21:05, 7 February 2009 (UTC)

So JzG is doing this all over again. Abd's assessment of JzG here could be applied to a dozen conflicts initiated by JzG in the past, word-for-word. Surely this berserker should be banned by now?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 3,670

We need an Awbreyesque label for this abusive practice of sniffing out pseudospam above and beyond the call of dooty.

I propose we call it Naked Fart Smelling.
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

User:Abd may be many things, but "well respected" is unlikely to be one of them; this is the guy whose main purpose on Wikipedia has been to try to legitimize cabal-rule by introducing trade-union style "I speak for all my friends" block voting and to write insanely long rants that make FT2 look like a model of brevity and clarity. (Read his talkpage, this post, or any of these to get a feel for him.)
+Quote Post
Viridae

Fat Cat

I have been watching this unfold.
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 3,670

Chiastory

QUOTE(Viridae @ Sun 15th February 2009, 6:52am) *
I have been watching this unfold.

One can learn a lot about how an Origami was originally folded by carefully watching it unfold.
+Quote Post
Bottled_Spider

Ãœber Member

Member No.: 9,708

As Wiki tragicomedy goes, Guy's involvement in the Cold Fusion moshpit is moderately interesting.

Abd's summing-up of Mr. Angry's performance is here; the associated talkpage, complete with a nice Guy whine is here. Abd's reply is rather long-winded - all he needed to say was "In short, JzG, you screwed up", which he did.

Imagine the drama if JzG went temporarily insane® and blocked Abd for his impertinence. I'll pay someone money if they can engineer that.
+Quote Post
dtobias

Obsessive trolling idiot [per JzG]

Member No.: 962

This is rather old news now.

JzG's general attitude, in this and other issues, is "I'm right. I'm always right. It's blatantly obvious I'm right, and anybody with the slightest bit of common sense can see that clearly. Hence, it shouldn't even be a matter for debate. Anybody attempting to debate me on this must be a troll, a POV pusher, or an idiot, and all people like that should be banned. It's frustrating that occasionally somebody who's too much of a vested contributor to ban will have the temerity to debate me on things like this, which forces a useless and time-wasting discussion to start; the proper way to deal with this is to close discussion as soon as possible and then delete or archive it so it doesn't erupt again. It's even better if discussion can be forestalled before it even has a chance to start; I just need to sweep in, do a mass purge of the offending links, add it to the blacklist, block the users who were adding the link, and make a brief announcement after it's a fait accompli."
+Quote Post
Bottled_Spider

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(dtobias @ Sun 15th February 2009, 2:47pm) *
JzG's general attitude, in this and other issues, is

...... illustrated perfectly in the overrated movie Good Morning Vietnam, when the irritating Robin Williams character says to JzG a rather anal officer "You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history".
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

At least Abd is honest.
WELCOME TO Abd TALK
Before reading User talk:Abd
WARNING: Reading the screeds, tomes, or rants of Abd has been known to cause serious damage to mental health. One editor, a long-time Wikipedian, in spite of warnings from a real-life organization dedicated to protecting the planet from the likes of Abd, actually read Abd's comments and thought he understood them.

This is charming.
Guy is quite skilled at making whoever's arguing with him seem like the unreasonable parties in the debate, and he's got a fairly powerful clique of others who have his back, enabling him to carry on being the Judge Dredd of Wikipedia, acting as prosecutor, judge, jury, executioner, undertaker, and obituary writer for everybody he decides, on his own recognizance, to be a spammer, POV-pusher, or holder of nonconformist opinion. *Dan T.* (talk) 01:29, 28 January 2009 (UTC)

This appears to be a case of one crazy bastard versus another.....
the cold-fusion dispute is turning into yet another Objectivism War.
Best not to take sides.

(But it's still okay to downgrade Guy. He always deserves abuse.)
+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 15th February 2009, 11:39pm) *
This appears to be a case of one crazy bastard versus another.....

Welcome to Wikipedia.
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 15th February 2009, 2:13am) *

It turns out that JzG is up to his old tricks in the quieter environment of the Spam Blacklist.

Apparently, last month, he unilaterally placed a couple of legitimate links on the "Spam blacklist" to enforce some content dispute he was involved in over Cold Fusion.

Funnily enough, he did this shortly after I theorized here:

QUOTE(Kato @ Sat 27th December 2008, 6:16pm) *

JzG has always been paranoid/obsessed/fixated with arbitrary bits of information which he alone judges to be "spam".

This "spam" notion is so riddled with discrepancies, anomalies and hypocrisies that only JzG has been able to fathom it.

Anything he comes across at any given time can potentially be removed by him as "spam". And the editor who added the removed material can quickly be denounced as someone "not cut out to be a Wikipedian" and may be added to his enemy list.

The term SPAM has a technical and even a legal definition, referring to unsolicited mass mailings or postings.

The term SPAM does not refer to the isolated posting of references to sources of information about whose relevance to the topic at hand reasonable people might tend to have a variety of opinions.

As always, Wikipediots use words any ole way they damn well please and then wikipontificate against all the uncleansed souls who decline to wash their own brains in Jimbo's patent pending Brand Of Identity-Disputed Powdered Instant Softdrink (BOIDPIS).

Jon (IMG:http://wikipediareview.com/stimg9x0b4fsr2/1/folder_post_icons/icon9.gif)
+Quote Post
Son of a Yeti

High altitude member

Member No.: 8,704

QUOTE(Bottled_Spider @ Sun 15th February 2009, 6:24am) *

Imagine the drama if JzG went temporarily insane® and blocked Abd for his impertinence.

In my opinion this you demand the impossible.

Or maybe you've simply misspelled "temporary sane"?
+Quote Post
Bottled_Spider

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Son of a Yeti @ Mon 16th February 2009, 4:08pm) *
QUOTE(Bottled_Spider @ Sun 15th February 2009, 6:24am) *

Imagine the drama if JzG went temporarily insane® and blocked Abd for his impertinence.

In my opinion this you demand the impossible.
Or maybe you've simply misspelled "temporary sane"?

I'd written temporarily insane bracket r close-bracket, which the board translated into the Robin-the-Boy-Wonder symbol.
insane(r ).
That's better.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(dtobias @ Sun 15th February 2009, 7:47am) *

This is rather old news now.

JzG's general attitude, in this and other issues, is "I'm right. I'm always right. It's blatantly obvious I'm right, and anybody with the slightest bit of common sense can see that clearly. Hence, it shouldn't even be a matter for debate. Anybody attempting to debate me on this must be a troll, a POV pusher, or an idiot, and all people like that should be banned. It's frustrating that occasionally somebody who's too much of a vested contributor to ban will have the temerity to debate me on things like this, which forces a useless and time-wasting discussion to start; the proper way to deal with this is to close discussion as soon as possible and then delete or archive it so it doesn't erupt again. It's even better if discussion can be forestalled before it even has a chance to start; I just need to sweep in, do a mass purge of the offending links, add it to the blacklist, block the users who were adding the link, and make a brief announcement after it's a fait accompli."

Yep the Lewis Strauss/Ayn Rand syndrome, which we've discussed before. Strauss, persecutor of Oppenheimer. If you disagreed with a Strauss position, he would repeat his argument, assuming you'd misheard or were just stupid. If you continued to disagree after that, he'd assume you were a traitor. Rand was much the same, except with less patience. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

More on the issue. I haven't formed an opinion on this yet.
+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Tue 17th February 2009, 7:08am) *

More on the issue. I haven't formed an opinion on this yet.

JzG seems to be resurfacing with a vengeance. He's everywhere on that admins noticeboard. It must be that time of year.

I predict bad things on the horizon. Most of all for JzG himself.

How long before JzG storms off again in a fit of pique, pens some nasty delusional attacks against his "enemies", sulks for a couple of weeks, before returning to start the cycle all over again?
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(Kato @ Tue 17th February 2009, 12:21am) *

How long before JzG storms off again in a fit of pique, pens some nasty delusional attacks against his "enemies", sulks for a couple of weeks, before returning to start the cycle all over again?

And when we say "start the cycle all over again," in JzG's case we mean it literally.
+Quote Post
Castle Rock

Member No.: 3,051

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Mon 16th February 2009, 11:37pm) *

QUOTE(Kato @ Tue 17th February 2009, 12:21am) *

And when we say "start the cycle all over again," in JzG's case we mean it literally.

I hate you so much right now.
+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

Classic JzG:

QUOTE(JzG)
Abd's rather strident crusade on behalf of Jed Rothwell, now topic banned from this area, seems to me to be disruptive. Enric Naval is focusing on content and we are discussing things perfectly calmly, Abd is focusing largely on asserted bad faith and personalising the dispute. This is simply not helpful in this highly contentious area of content. that Abd has been beating the lenr-canr drum at numerous venues , I am minded to ask for a restriction preventing him from continuing to pursue his esoteric views of content and blacklisting policy.

As an aside, having accused me of edit-warring, Abd then went and restored the disputed content. He forgot to mention that, didn't he? If I am edit-warring, then so is he! Sauce for the goose.

As far as I am concerned this is a good-faith debate between Enric and myself, Abd playing the part of the peanut gallery . Guy (Help!) 09:09, 17 February 2009 (UTC)

Has JzG's outrageous hypocrisy and lack of self awareness ever been more obvious? He managed accuse the bloke of asserting "bad faith and personalising the dispute" - while repeatedly assuming bad faith and personalising the dispute.

JzG is a Wikipedia legend.

---------------------------------

Oh and JzG's talk page charm is back as well.

He deletes Abd's query on his talk page with:

QUOTE(JzG)
Go away, you are being tiresome

JzG must be the Worst Wikipedian in history?
+Quote Post
Bottled_Spider

Ãœber Member

JzG. His mind beats time like clockwork.

I like the way he tries to restructure reality on & with his talkpage. He follows the same agenda time after time. And why not? Why change something if it works? Here is a breakdown of the latest spasm. Hmm. Breakdown. Prophetic word, perhaps? Date of excerpt is Monday 16 February; times are UTC .......

[1] 21:47. Standard complainant (Abd) makes standard complaint.
[2] 22:09. Guy replies. Complete with not-so-veiled threat.
[3] 22:11. Guy makes quick correction, justifying whatever Wiki shit he's on about a bit more.
[4] 22:52. Abd replies. Long-winded, but gets his point across. Returns the threat, but with more panache.
[5] 23:05. Guy says to himself "fuck it" and deletes the entire thread. Edit summary : "Go away, you are beiong (sic) tiresome". Heh!

Actually, I'm pleased to see the real Guy is "bouncing back". He must be finally getting over that stuff with his old dad. Good. I predict much JzG-based fun over the coming weeks and months (if he lasts that long). You go, Guy!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)