FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Wikipedia life expectancy poll -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> General Discussion? What's that all about?

This subforum is for general discussion of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. For a glossary of terms frequently used in such discussions, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary. For a glossary of musical terms, see here. Other useful links:

Akahele.orgWikipedia-WatchWikitruthWP:ANWikiEN-L/Foundation-L (mailing lists) • Citizendium forums

> Wikipedia life expectancy poll
Wikipedia Lifespan
How long will Wikipedia last?
10 years [ 9 ] ** [45.00%]
20 years [ 6 ] ** [30.00%]
100 years [ 1 ] ** [5.00%]
1000 years [ 2 ] ** [10.00%]
Other [ 2 ] ** [10.00%]
Total Votes: 20
Guests cannot vote 
Emperor

Postmaster

Group: Regulars

Pretty simple poll. By "lasting" I mean Wikipedia as we know it, as an active wiki with at least hundreds of people working on it every day. I don't mean as a file that some future archeologist will look at as some curiously weird piece of ridiculousness from around 2010.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
mbz1

Group: Contributors

In many characteristics wikipedia resembles soviet union:

Idea of creating soviet union seemed to be good, implementation of that idea demonstrated it is not so good. The same with wikipedia.

soviet union was a totalitarian regime, in which citizens rights were abused over and over again. wikipedia is a totalitarian regime, in which editors rights are abused over and over again.

soviet union was known for closed tribunals. wikipedia is too.

soviet union persecuted its citizens for criticizing the regime. wikipedia does too.

soviet union took over eastern European countries. wikipedia killed encarta and almost killed Britannica.

soviet union has a special class of privileged elite that was above the law. wikipedia does too.

governance of soviet union heavily relied on lies and deceptions.
governance of wikipedia does too.

Well, eventually soviet union collapsed under its own absurdity although when I lived there I did not believe it ever would . Will the history repeat itself with wikipedia, at least with wikipedia as it is now? I certainly hope it will.

This post has been edited by mbz1:
+Quote Post
Fusion

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Sun 22nd April 2012, 6:19pm) *

Well, eventually soviet union collapsed under its own absurdity although when I lived there I did not believe it ever would . Will the history repeat itself with wikipedia, at least with wikipedia as it is now? I certainly hope it will.

Where is there in Wikipedia a man like Boris Yeltsin (T-H-L-K-D)? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)