FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Chinese Kids Forced to farm for Gold in WOW (I4U) -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Chinese Kids Forced to farm for Gold in WOW (I4U), Not actually funny, but definitely unreal
Yahoo! News

RSS Feed

Group: Bots

Chinese kids are forced to play World of Warcraft 12 hours per day to earn virtual money for Gold Farming companies and gangs. It is known for a while that there companies in China and other countries that pay workers to play WOW to generate virtual...

Article: http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/searc...rticle6778.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

Damn!

I'm not easily non-plussed, and I don't usually have those "what's this world coming to" reactions that a lot of people have about things that happen on the internet, but this takes the cake! I'm even setting up a new SubForum for articles like this... Technically it's not all that relevant to Wikipedia, but I couldn't bear to have it languish in the "Less Relevant" subforum.

On the other hand, Cyde is big on World of Warcraft. How much you wanna bet he's cheerfully helping to prop up the Chinese cyber-slave labor economy?

I've written about stuff like this on Uncyclopedia, ferchrissakes. I had no idea people were actually doing things like this! So in a world where this stuff can really go on, how long until the Chinese start working up Wikipedia admin accounts and selling those too? And might that even explain Cyde's status on Wikipedia?
+Quote Post
guy

Postmaster General

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 23

QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 10th October 2006, 3:03am) *

how long until the Chinese start working up Wikipedia admin accounts and selling those too?

What makes you think they aren't already?
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(guy @ Fri 13th October 2006, 4:56pm) *
What makes you think they aren't already?

Nothing! In fact, the existence of User:Cyde suggests that they started doing it several months ago.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)