FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Outing of WP users -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This forum is for discussing specific Wikipedia editors, editing patterns, and general efforts by those editors to influence or direct content in ways that might not be in keeping with Wikipedia policy. Please source your claims and provide links where appropriate. For a glossary of terms frequently used when discussing Wikipedia and related projects, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Outing of WP users
PaoloNapolitano

Unregistered

May I just ask a question to you WRers: Is there a legitimate reason for posting personal information that has no relevance to their editing about WP users?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lilburne

Chameleon

Group: Contributors

Editors on the subject of Star War films are generally not going to attract attention here. They may from time to time get mocked but I'd be surprised if any one is going to see any reason to dig up information about them.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Text

Welcome, Newfriend! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

There is probably no legitimate reason to post personal information of people who only read, but there might be some reasons to post personal information of people who edit irresponsibly! For example when someone writes false things about a real person in a page at Wikipedia, and then the false information stays there for months, and gets picked up by the press!
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(PaoloNapolitano @ Sun 4th March 2012, 11:06am) *

May I just ask a question to you WRers: Is there a legitimate reason for posting personal information that has no relevance to their editing about WP users?

Paolo, is there a legitimate reason for taking an image from Amie Miriello's MySpace page, uploading it to Commons claiming it is your own work, placing it on your user page, and putting a caption under it claiming it is "Me and my girlfriend"?
+Quote Post
PaoloNapolitano

Unregistered

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 4th March 2012, 1:01pm) *

Paolo, is there a legitimate reason for taking an image from Amie Miriello's MySpace page, uploading it to Commons claiming it is your own work, placing it on your user page, and putting a caption under it claiming it is "Me and my girlfriend"?

I have apologised, and I know that I made a mistake. I promise that I will return to WP as a constructive editor. This is in no way pertinent to the topic we're discussing, DC.
+Quote Post
Selina

Cat herder

Group: Staffy

Proving someone is using someone ELSE's personal information and pretending to be them is not quite the same, you have a nerve...
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(PaoloNapolitano @ Sun 4th March 2012, 12:39pm) *

I have apologised, and I know that I made a mistake. I promise that I will return to WP as a constructive editor. This is in no way pertinent to the topic we're discussing, DC.

If a curious checkuser were to look at your account, and I think they should under the circumstances, what would they find, Paolo? If someone were to contact the Paolo Napolitano who lives in Oslo, would they be pleasantly surprised to learn that they aren't the only Paolo Napolitano there or would they think that you were using their name for your own purposes?
+Quote Post
PaoloNapolitano

Unregistered

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 4th March 2012, 1:51pm) *

QUOTE(PaoloNapolitano @ Sun 4th March 2012, 12:39pm) *

If a curious checkuser were to look at your account, and I think they should under the circumstances, what would they find, Paolo? If someone were to contact the Paolo Napolitano who lives in Oslo, would they be pleasantly surprised to learn that they aren't the only Paolo Napolitano there or would they think that you were using their name for your own purposes?

The person you linked to does not live in Oslo. My first name is Paolo, Napolitano is not my last name. And in what way is my real-life identity pertinent in the case we're discussing? I want you to reply before I answer any other questions.

This post has been edited by PaoloNapolitano:
+Quote Post
Text

QUOTE(Paolo)
I have apologised, and I know that I made a mistake. I promise that I will return to WP as a constructive editor.

It would be even better if you didn't come back as a constructive editor! Or even better yet, not come back at all, newfriend! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
TungstenCarbide

Allegedly shot down by stray Ukrainian missile

QUOTE(PaoloNapolitano @ Sun 4th March 2012, 1:12pm) *
The person you linked to does not live in Oslo. My first name is Paolo, Napolitano is not my last name. And in what way is my real-life identity pertinent in the case we're discussing? I want you to reply before I answer any other questions.

meh. Is it possible you're as dumb as you act?

Within two days of 'Paolo's first edit you're using TW and weighing in on Village pump (policy) and talk:Arbitration Committee. Kindly list your other accounts, Paolo. Thanks.

This post has been edited by TungstenCarbide:
+Quote Post
PaoloNapolitano

Unregistered

QUOTE(TungstenCarbide @ Sun 4th March 2012, 2:19pm) *

Within two days of 'Paolo's first edit you're using TW and weighing in on Village pump (policy) and talk:Arbitration Committee. Kindly list your other accounts, Paolo. Thanks.

I started reading Wikipedia and learning what went on behind the scenes a long time ago. As a part of that, I discovered Twinkle, VP and ArbCom.
+Quote Post
Selina

Cat herder

PaoloNapolitano = Fluttershy
• wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/Arbitration_Committee_3?diff=next&oldid=479940796

This post has been edited by Selina:
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

QUOTE(Selina @ Sun 4th March 2012, 7:48am) *

Proving someone is using someone ELSE's personal information and pretending to be them is not quite the same, you have a nerve...

+1 (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

QUOTE(PaoloNapolitano @ Sun 4th March 2012, 8:12am) *
What makes you think anyone will believe a word you say at this point? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
TungstenCarbide

Allegedly shot down by stray Ukrainian missile

QUOTE(PaoloNapolitano @ Sun 4th March 2012, 1:29pm) *
I started reading Wikipedia and learning what went on behind the scenes a long time ago. As a part of that, I discovered Twinkle, VP and ArbCom.

haha good one. Time to grab a new account and synthesize a new provoquer de la journée.
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez

Ãœber Member

Member No.: 24,428

QUOTE(Selina @ Sun 4th March 2012, 8:31am) *

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=475071890

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=475070440

Does anyone know which ArbCom candidate is being referenced in the above diff's? I doubt that Fluttershy and PaoloNapolitano are the same person.

This post has been edited by Michaeldsuarez:
+Quote Post
PaoloNapolitano

Unregistered

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Sun 4th March 2012, 3:46pm) *

Does anyone know which ArbCom candidate is being referenced in the above diff's? I doubt that Fluttershy and PaoloNapolitano are the same person.

I have only used IRC one or two times, and I don't think I've ever interacted with Fluttershy. He is either talking about another user or this is a blatant lie.
+Quote Post
Selina

Cat herder

(IMG:http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2115/2399545998_4f79505f6d_t.jpg)
+Quote Post
Web Fred

Pervert & Swinger

Member No.: 17,141

QUOTE(Selina @ Sun 4th March 2012, 1:31pm) *

Go get 'em girl.
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez

Ãœber Member

Member No.: 24,428

QUOTE(PaoloNapolitano @ Sun 4th March 2012, 9:56am) *

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Sun 4th March 2012, 3:46pm) *

I have only used IRC one or two times, and I don't think I've ever interacted with Fluttershy. He is either talking about another user or this is a blatant lie.

I never suspected you. I didn't even accuse you of being that ArbCom candidate in my comment. Your candidacy only lasted six hours:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=460333543

That's why I left messages concerning Fluttershy's statement on the talk page of every unsuccessful ArbCom candidate except yours:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=476449434

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=477036077

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=477185310

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=476083055

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=476944345

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=476754823

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=473008959

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=476947088

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=477206389

Perhaps I should have said, "Also, I doubt..." instead. Sorry for the confusion.

This post has been edited by Michaeldsuarez:
+Quote Post
thekohser

QUOTE(PaoloNapolitano @ Sun 4th March 2012, 6:06am) *

May I just ask a question to you WRers...

"You WRers...", says the guy with multiple posts here on WR. Face it, Paolo... it's not a "you" and "not you" dichotomy any more. You're one of us! Welcome to Wikipedia Review, home of the banned, the liars, the vandals, stalkers, and Paolos.

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)

(Well done, Wikipedia Review -- this guy has been totally PWND.)

This post has been edited by thekohser:
+Quote Post
Cedric

General Gato

Member No.: 1,116

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 4th March 2012, 11:35am) *

"You WRers...", says the guy with multiple posts here on WR. Face it, Paolo... it's not a "you" and "not you" dichotomy any more. You're one of us! Welcome to Wikipedia Review, home of the banned, the liars, the vandals, stalkers, and Paolos.

+Quote Post
Web Fred

Pervert & Swinger

Member No.: 17,141

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 4th March 2012, 5:35pm) *

I'm still wondering why he didn't include his own name on his recently deleted 'hit list'.

Even if it was in the 'Angels' column.
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

Well, it seems that although Paolo lives in Oslo, he has just uploaded to Commons a number of images taken in London between 29 February and 2 March. Odd.
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(PaoloNapolitano @ Sun 4th March 2012, 7:29am) *

QUOTE(TungstenCarbide @ Sun 4th March 2012, 2:19pm) *

You realize that every single person who ever got caught sock puppeting because they were obviously experience has made the same lame excuse? In all of history of Wikipedia?

Now, by itself it wouldn't prove anything, but combined with the other stuff (picture, your recent request), it's sure quacking.

This post has been edited by radek:
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 4th March 2012, 1:30pm) *

Well, it seems that although Paolo lives in Oslo, he has just uploaded to Commons a number of images taken in London between 29 February and 2 March. Odd.

Not only that but during the recent AN/I discussion an IP from Oslo tried to remove the info about the image of Paolo and his "girlfriend". Gimme a sec to find a diff.

Anyway, either the IP or the photos are fake. Who knows which one.

Edit: here.

This post has been edited by radek:
+Quote Post
Zoloft

May we all find solace in our dreams.

Member No.: 16,621

After you're banned from Wikipedia, you'll still be welcome here, Paolo. Pseudonym and all.
+Quote Post
Fusion

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 4th March 2012, 7:30pm) *

What is odd about that? Maybe he had a holiday or a business trip in London. Many people go to London. I have myself taken photos on foreign holidays!
+Quote Post
melloden

QUOTE(radek @ Sun 4th March 2012, 8:37pm) *

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 4th March 2012, 1:30pm) *

Not only that but during the recent AN/I discussion an IP from Oslo tried to remove the info about the image of Paolo and his "girlfriend". Gimme a sec to find a diff.

Anyway, either the IP or the photos are fake. Who knows which one.

Edit: here.

That IP is Paolo based on this, which I found when looking at PN's recent Wikipedia namespace edits. I suspect he is hiding more things in plain sight, especially when admins cannot seem to delete revisions correctly.
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Fusion @ Sun 4th March 2012, 4:39pm) *

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 4th March 2012, 7:30pm) *

What is odd about that? Maybe he had a holiday or a business trip in London. Many people go to London. I have myself taken photos on foreign holidays!

Maybe.
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sun 4th March 2012, 4:09pm) *

After you're banned from Wikipedia, you'll still be welcome here, Paolo. Pseudonym and all.
Yes, please. Ottava really needs a playmate, and you might just be perfect! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Vigilant

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Mon 5th March 2012, 1:45am) *

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sun 4th March 2012, 4:09pm) *

Yes, please. Ottava really needs a playmate, and you might just be perfect! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

Jeffrey Peters doesn't need a playmate, he needs a psychiatrist.
+Quote Post
tarantino

the Dude abides

Ha ha, like everyone suspected (except for ChrisO, MBE), Paolo is just a not very smart troll.

02:25, 5 March 2012 Elen of the Roads (talk | contribs) changed block settings for 88.88.233.130 (talk) with an expiry time of Mon, 19 Mar 2012 02:25:01 GMT (account creation blocked) (Abusing multiple accounts)
02:25, 5 March 2012 Elen of the Roads (talk | contribs) blocked 88.88.233.130 (talk) (anon. only, account creation blocked) with an expiry time of 2 weeks (Abusing multiple accounts)
02:15, 5 March 2012 Elen of the Roads (talk | contribs) blocked Tharaldhalvorsen (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite (Checkuserblock - socks of PaoloNapolitano)
02:15, 5 March 2012 Elen of the Roads (talk | contribs) blocked Martytkt (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite (Checkuserblock - socks of PaoloNapolitano)
02:11, 5 March 2012 Elen of the Roads (talk | contribs) blocked NitroSFSB (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite (Abusing multiple accounts: PaoloNapolitano)
01:15, 5 March 2012 Elen of the Roads (talk | contribs) changed block settings for PaoloNapolitano (talk | contribs) with an expiry time of indefinite (account creation blocked) (Abusing multiple accounts: copyright violation and impersonation, please see [http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents&oldid=480119202#Copyright_violation_.28and_impersonation.29])
01:15, 5 March 2012 Elen of the Roads (talk | contribs) changed block settings for PaoloNapolitano (talk | contribs) with an expiry time of indefinite (account creation blocked) (Abusing multiple accounts: copyright violation and impersonation, please see [http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...mpersonation.29])

This post has been edited by tarantino:
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(tarantino @ Sun 4th March 2012, 8:45pm) *
Ha ha, like everyone suspected (except for ChrisO, MBE), Paolo is just a not very smart troll.

Not me - I was totally surprised by this!

Anyway, we should try to be nice to Mr. Paolo. He's had a rough couple of days, and now that he's banned from Wikipedia he'll need a welcoming environment in which he can express his incisive in-depth critical perspectives on the Wikipedia phenomenon.
+Quote Post
Zoloft

QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 4th March 2012, 7:45pm) *

QUOTE(tarantino @ Sun 4th March 2012, 8:45pm) *

Not me - I was totally surprised by this!

Anyway, we should try to be nice to Mr. Paolo. He's had a rough couple of days, and now that he's banned from Wikipedia he'll need a welcoming environment in which he can express his incisive in-depth critical perspectives on the Wikipedia phenomenon.

Starting out with his motives might help. Why is he fascinated by WR to the point of exposure?
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sun 4th March 2012, 7:47pm) *

Why is he fascinated by WR to the point of exposure?

We're way, way past that point.

He's here to spy on us/complain about being harassed by the Wiki-lovers, of course.
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sun 4th March 2012, 9:47pm) *
Starting out with his motives might help. Why is he fascinated by WR to the point of exposure?

Good question. Since Paolo's IP address proves beyond question that he's actually one of the Koch Brothers (though unfortunately we can't pinpoint which one), my guess is he's fascinated with us because of our vast wealth and our shadowy network of behind-the-scenes political influencers.
+Quote Post
Zoloft

QUOTE(Somey @ Sun 4th March 2012, 8:26pm) *

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sun 4th March 2012, 9:47pm) *

Good question. Since Paolo's IP address proves beyond question that he's actually one of the Koch Brothers (though unfortunately we can't pinpoint which one), my guess is he's fascinated with us because of our vast wealth and our shadowy network of behind-the-scenes political influencers.

I prefer to think of him as Frosty the Snow Man:
For Frosty the snow man
Had to hurry on his way,
But he waved goodbye saying,
"Don't you cry,
I'll be back again some day."
Thumpetty thump thump,
Thumpety thump thump,
Look at Frosty go.
Thumpetty thump thump,
Thumpety thump thump,
Over the hills of snow

Edit: He's got spunk.

This post has been edited by Zoloft:
+Quote Post
PaoloNapolitano

Unregistered

Well, then I'm blocked/banned whatever. After thinking over it for some time, I've decided to leave WP once and for all. Funnily enough, none of the "socks" blocked are mine. I presume they used my work IP, which has a ton of users.

I first came to WP as MikeNicho231 in late dec. 2010. I was then blocked, and decided to concentrate my efforts on nowiki. By the way, I can tell you the truth now that I'm free, "Paolo the Italian" living in Norway was just nonsense. My name is Stian, I'm an ethnic Norwegian. (Sounds less intimidating, hah?)

My second attempt, this time at nowiki, with the account JustEase, was indeffed because I was working behind the scenes and not writing any articles. Nowiki is, BTW like a fraternity who haven't accepted any new admins since 1800andsomething.

I then went back to enwiki and became the infamous Paolo. We all know what happened from there.

My motivations for editing WP? It's a fun thing to do. It's like the intellectual version of WOW. Actually, I haven't played any VGs since registering Paolo.... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

I just want to say sorry to you WRers, I was a little harsh with you. I'll hang around here, maybe this is a place to stay? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

Just what we need, another member who is looking for the intellectual version of WOW. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)