FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Please don't donate to Wikipedia -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Please don't donate to Wikipedia, You can help!
Rating  3
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

In the same way that Wikipedia is starting its fund-raising drive, I am launching my own anit-funding drive.

I will be guest blogging, lobbying, writing posts at my own blog http://ocham.blogspot.com/search/label/wikipedia

Every little helps! You can do the same. The message is up to you, but remember whatever principles or emotions you are appealing to, have to be appealing to others. Probably most people are not going to be interested in the fact you got banned, and probably not in Wikipedia's pre-Hammurabic code of ethics (sorry Barry!). The kind of message I will be promoting is

* Your money is not going to help bring the sum of all human knowledge to everyone on the planet. Most people contributing useful content left some years ago, due to the incessant quarreling on the site

* The site is inefficiently run (Greg Kohs site has useful facts and figures)

* The majority of the funds go to pet projects favoured by the small clique that runs the site

Etc etc. Tailor the message to the site you are posting at, of course, make sure it is relevant, and avoid any appearance of spamming.

Every little helps!

This post has been edited by Peter Damian:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)