FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
MuZemike block -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> General Discussion? What's that all about?

This subforum is for general discussion of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. For a glossary of terms frequently used in such discussions, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary. For a glossary of musical terms, see here. Other useful links:

Akahele.orgWikipedia-WatchWikitruthWP:ANWikiEN-L/Foundation-L (mailing lists) • Citizendium forums

> MuZemike block
FightingMac

Group: Contributors

A mate of mine, who has more Wikipedia socks than I've had autoerotic experiences (and I'm 65), posted the following on his latest User Page [[User:JabbarWales]] (he had started it by sending our favorite daft old ArbCom bat a Valentine - gallant like). It's a satire on the current Wikipedia fashion to illustrate articles on psychiatric conditions with Vincent van Gogh's painting 'Sorrowing Old Man':

"[[File:Vincent Willem van Gogh 002.jpg|left|350 px|thumb|''Sorrowing Old Editor ('Awaiting the ArbCom Decision')'' Private collection, Sydney]]

One of Vincent van Gogh's most iconic and prophetic paintings, the painting has a special fascination for wikipedia fucknuts suffering from [http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Assburger%27s_syndrome Assburger's syndrome] or something, which is where you're so completely brilliant at everything you don't actually need to interact with life outside Wikipedia any more. At least Vincent was just nuts.

A real problem with the painting is that people who think they may have wikipedia fucknuts or whatever it is the fuck wrong with them and really do need treatment see the painting and think whatever it is they have can't be half as bad as that and so don't bother getting treatment and then go all crazy about Vincent and dying for art and stuff and end up topping themselves anyway because of it. But that's just tough shit. Learn to live (and die) with it.

It's also very unfair to sad old people who may never have heard of Wikipedia. Fuck them."

Well I thought it funny and telling.

Indeed telling. J tells me that admin MuZemike deleted it and banned him within 30 seconds of it going up ...

J is actually also quite wealthy, bit of a banker type in the nicest possible sort of way, and generous with it. He is one of the very few of my friends I know who was still donating to Wikipedia.

I don't think that will be continuing.

Is Wikipedia actually trying to destroy itself?

This post has been edited by FightingMac:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)