FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Was "Watching Whales" an ARBCOM-approved ShankSock? -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Was "Watching Whales" an ARBCOM-approved ShankSock?, Benjiboi sez so!
the fieryangel

the Internet Review Corporation is watching you...

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 577

MZMcBride (T-C-L-K-R-D) adds an "alternative account" tag to WatchingWhales (T-C-L-K-R-D) , citing this well known diff as his source. He then explains his edit on the talkpage :

Hi David. It's incredibly important for transparency and accountability that alternate accounts like this be marked clearly. I've added a (rather ugly) template to your user page [http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:WatchingWhales&diff=prev&oldid=322482753 here]. Feel free to improve the current template, add [[:Category:Alternate Wikipedia account templates|another template]], or even redirect these two pages to your main account, but it is ''imperative'' that this account be marked. Please let me know if you have any questions. Cheers. --[[User:MZMcBride|MZMcBride]] ([[User talk:MZMcBride|talk]]) 05:17, 28 October 2009 (UTC)

Benjiboi (T-C-L-K-R-D) then removes the tag from the user page and then replies on the talkpage :

:I've removed that as this account has already been shared with Arbcom as an alt and unless there is a policy that a userbox be added it would seem to only embolden those who have nothing better to do than harass when no actual problem has been shown. If there has been a change in policy on these issues please show me the discussion so I understand where the multitudes of users with alt accounts should be shown as to how to brand themselves. [[User_talk:Benjiboi| -- <u style="font-size:14px; font-family: cursive;color:#8000FF">Banj<font color="#FF4400">e</font></u><u style="font-size:14px;font-family: Zapfino, sans-serif;color:deeppink">b<font color="#AA0022">oi</font></u>]] 23:24, 28 October 2009 (UTC)

So, this is an Arbcom approved sock? I have asked several members of the Arbcom to comment on this issue and of yet, I have had no response from any of them.

Shankbone himself then comments :

*MZM, please leave the template off. Instead of undertaking contentious actions during a sensitive time, why don't you go block the obvious sock of this account whose words were right above your eyes as you spent time to compose this unnecessary thread. But I'll leave it, if that will satisfy you. That should give fair warning to all who encounter this rather sleepy account that's been around for years and everyone knows about. Take care, --<font color="navy" size="2" face="comic sans ms">>David</font> '''[[User:David Shankbone|<font color="navy" size="2" face="comic sans ms">Shankbone</font>]]''' 01:07, 29 October 2009 (UTC)

Jennavecia asks a very pertinent question :

::In what way have you been made aware of ArbCom having been disclosed the connection between these two accounts? Is this something David told you privately, did a member of the committee tell you, or is this information available somewhere on the project? [[User talk:Jennavecia|<span style="font-family:Lucida Handwriting Italic;color:deeppink">Lara</span>]] 18:15, 29 October 2009 (UTC)

Well, does anybody have the answer to this?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
the fieryangel   Was "Watching Whales" an ARBCOM-approved ShankSock?  
Krimpet   I think the "notification to ArbCom" is ...  
MBisanz   I think the "notification to ArbCom" is...  
the fieryangel   I think the "notification to ArbCom" is...  
LaraLove   I think the "notification to ArbCom" is...  
jayvdb   .. Jennavecia asks a very pertinent question : ...  
everyking   The account WatchingWhales has not been mentioned...  
LaraLove   The account WatchingWhales has not been mentione...  
jayvdb   [quote name='jayvdb' post='202199' date='Fri 30th...  
Somey   I dont give a shit whether you believe me or not. ...  
everyking   [quote name='jayvdb' post='202199' date='Fri 30t...  
Cla68   [quote name='jayvdb' post='202199' date='Fri 30t...  
jayvdb   In contrast to Everyking, I'm still hoping th...  
A Horse With No Name   This arbitration committee has undertaken a lot o...  
the fieryangel   It looks as if Mr. Miller has decided to run away ...  
anthony   [quote name='everyking' post='202202' date='Thu 2...  
Sarcasticidealist   If the list is private you shouldn't be talkin...  
anthony   If the list is private you shouldn't be talki...  
Random832   Everyone who wants the contents of the list to rem...  
Cla68   Mr. Miller's "I'll eat dog food...  
Somey   There was no way I could argue delete of [[David S...  
anthony   Everyone who wants the contents of the list to re...  
jayvdb   [quote name='Random832' post='202254' date='Fri 3...  
EricBarbour   It's not Fight Club. I beg your pardon, sir. ...  
CharlotteWebb   Wikipedia is nothing BUT a giant Fight Club. And ...  
CharlotteWebb   I can't such a claim on faith--you're an ...  
Grep   I'm merely reporting what grep told me becaus...  
Obesity   Respected editor User:WatchingWales has been bloc...  
A Horse With No Name   The irony, of course, is that the truly beautiful ...  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)