FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Will Bee Back Ward -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Will Bee Back Ward, Terminator Terminatus
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

Group: Regulars

I think that this whole episode was triggered by what happened two weeks ago, when Beback was challenged by Lar and Cla68 at "Views of LaRouche." He is clearly afraid of them, and since most cowards are bullies, he took it out on every newbie account he could find. Yesterday, he graduated to banning or harassing IP number editors.

Beback is struggling to keep the legacy of Chip Berlet alive. SlimVirgin used to do the heavy lifting in that department, but she seems to have developed other interests.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

Will was probably also annoyed because he was being diverted from his Master Plan, where he will write more articles about Transcendental Meditation than any other editor in history! [cue mad scientist laughter] No one will ever be able to challenge his POV! His latest up-and-coming article is about The Beatles and TM. I believe it is number 37 in the series.
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Tue 5th October 2010, 5:17pm) *

Will was probably also annoyed because he was being diverted from his Master Plan, where he will write more articles about Transcendental Meditation than any other editor in history! [cue mad scientist laughter] No one will ever be able to challenge his POV! His latest up-and-coming article is about The Beatles and TM. I believe it is number 37 in the series.

Would that be The Fonz School of Transcendentalism?

Aaaaay! Prior I!
+Quote Post
wikieyeay

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Tue 5th October 2010, 10:17pm) *

um,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_at_Rishikesh

Will wrote most of it, spending a ridiculous amount of time on it in April.

This was the pre-Will version http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=350013725
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

Mods,

Could you put this thread in Meta*Discussion so I can split off the stuff that belongs in the Editors Forum?

Thanks,

Jon
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Tue 5th October 2010, 6:50pm) *

Mods,

Could you put this thread in Meta*Discussion so I can split off the stuff that belongs in the Editors Forum?

Done. I'm not sure what you have in mind, but you started the thread, so it's your call. I would be inclined to put it in the Will Beback forum (I'm a fan.)

QUOTE(wikieyeay @ Tue 5th October 2010, 6:41pm) *

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Tue 5th October 2010, 10:17pm) *

um,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_at_Rishikesh

Will wrote most of it, spending a ridiculous amount of time on it in April.

This was the pre-Will version http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=350013725
Well, it looks like he's still working on a alternate version in his widdle sandbox.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Tue 5th October 2010, 9:19am) *

I think that this whole episode was triggered by what happened two weeks ago, when Beback was challenged by Lar and Cla68 at "Views of LaRouche." He is clearly afraid of them, and since most cowards are bullies, he took it out on every newbie account he could find. Yesterday, he graduated to banning or harassing IP number editors.

He's now in an epic battle with 2 IP editors, one of which geolocates to Tampa, Florida, and the other to Gießen, Germany. He demands to know whether they are the same person. Of course, the joke is on them, because this is his standard technique for deflecting any questions about his wretched POV pushing.

Edit: correction, the German guy/gal is on to him.
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

Hersh, did you move to Florida?

See the following choice example of Bebackery:
* It says that Editors must take particular care when writing biographical material about living persons, for legal reasons and in order to be fair. It looks to me like "Will Beback" is deliberately inserting opinions inteneded to slander LaRouche, while keeping out factual information. 97.96.251.7 (talk) 04:21, 11 October 2010 (UTC)

Banned users aren't permitted here, HK. Please go away. Will Beback talk 04:27, 11 October 2010 (UTC)

Another lame-O attempt to dodge the issue. First you accused me of being 81.210.204.222, then you accuse me of being "HK". 81.210.204.222 was right -- you are attempting to divert the discussion of your inappropriate behaviour. You are violating official procedures that would help to clean up this crap article. 97.96.251.7 (talk) 11:07, 12 October 2010 (UTC)

I didn't accuse you, I asked you. And you never responded, instead making more personal attacks against me. You also never responded to other questions about your involvement. Instead, you make more false accusations against me, including misquoting me from this very page. If you're pretending to be a useful editor you're not doing a good job. Will Beback talk 20:36, 12 October 2010 (UTC)

+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Wed 13th October 2010, 9:29am) *

Hersh, did you move to Florida?
I'm still in the fabled Land of Arnie.
(IMG:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/70/Terminator1984movieposter.jpg)
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

Unbelievable. They actually blocked 97.96.251.7 (T-C-L-K-R-D) as a sock, even though he lives in Florida and has made no article edits. This is the purest example I have seen of a POV block. I am now convinced that Georgewilliamherbert is one of Wikipedia's premier assholes. He and Will Beback must be joined at the hip -- if Jimbo is so big on transparency, it would be nice to see a public airing of the Georgewilliamherbert/Will Beback email correspondence.

This post has been edited by It's the blimp, Frank:
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

Hey, Hersch, were you aware that "resistance to redaction" is your hallmark? Works for me -- redaction resistors ought to be banned on sight.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

I do not recall any instance in which I was charged with resisting redaction. However, as more and more individuals attempted to confront WB and were convicted by either him or GeorgeWilliamHerbert of being me, their individual editing traits agglomerated with mine, until I became an extremely multi-faceted editing entity with residences scattered all across the country. I should start referring to myself as the "HK Collective."
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Mon 22nd November 2010, 10:58am) *
Hey, Hersch, were you aware that "resistance to redaction" is your hallmark?

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif) Will is still holding the award for Most Constipated Wikipedian.
He's been put up for too many DICK of Distinction awards, unfortunately.
(Can we give him a Lifetime Achievement Award or somesuch?
How about a poke in the ass with a truncheon? Oh wait, he might enjoy that.)

PS--he just "outed someone". It's okay when Will does it..... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

He can be a constipated buffoon, but I think that often he only plays the part in order to get what he wants.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Tue 23rd November 2010, 10:10am) *

He can be a constipated buffoon, but I think that often he only plays the part in order to get what he wants.

I'm almost afraid to ask how that works. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sad.gif) Is it one of those friends vs. enemas things?
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 23rd November 2010, 6:08pm) *

Is it one of those friends vs. enemas things?
I don't think so. Word on the street is that WIll hung out for months in Champagne, Ill, hoping to get robbed by the Enema Bandit.

I check in on Will from time to time because he is a dependable source of lulz. He's still battling it out at Talk:Views of Lyndon LaRouche and the LaRouche movement. First he defended the use of a source which was a self-published UK-based website run by some pals of Chip Berlet. Then he denounced the use of Corriere della Sera as a source because it is "foreign." He's frustrated because he's under a fair amount of scrutiny on that article, so he takes out his frustrations on another article that he thinks no one is watching, Nataliya Vitrenko, where he just deleted half the article because it was LaRouche-related. Hersch, that was supposedly the work of another of your offspring, slightly over a year ago.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

That would be Leatherstocking. When he was banned, there was no one claiming that he had a connection to me. WB routinely lies about this sort of thing, after first allowing some time for everyone to forget what happened.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

And don't forget that, exactly one year ago, Will tried to claim that someone he was
in dispute with.......was a sock of me.

(The userpage for Dunce_with_a_blade now says it was a sock of Hersh. Of course, Will came along
six months after that little mess, and marked the userpage thus. The talk page still bears the original
accusation, with Alison correcting him. Be prepared for Will, or one of his pals, to oversight those
diffs out of existence--after seeing this thread.)

Will McWhiney. Pathological liar. Incompetent.

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

Lulz.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Mon 13th December 2010, 11:43am) *

For those of you reading along, it's Will Beback challenging two LaRouche sources as being too difficult to verify. Turns out the person who long ago added them, was himself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Views_of...plete_citations

Can't wait to see how Will responds. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/popcorn.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)