FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Lots of abuse at Ryulong's talk page -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Lots of abuse at Ryulong's talk page
LamontStormstar

Postmaster

Group: Regulars

Well I have Ryulong's talk page on my watch list and during today I saw a harmless question added:

== hi ryulong ==

hi ryulong, what do you think of /b/'s rules 1 and 2? I notice when you remove 4chan material it could be for making things more notable, but I also wonder if you might also remove it due to rules 1 and 2? I hope to hear back.

Well, Ryulong was very rude and instead of answering a polite question, just abused rollback and reverted it. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=222384912

Of course Ryulong always does this on his talk page a dozen times a day.

But what happened next was interesting. It is obvious to me that the question was of interest to 4chan and the issue was discussed there. And many people felt the question a worthy one and re-asked it. None of the IPs were blocked at the time and none appear to be proxies.

Well a user with the word "evil" in their name, "The Evil Spartan", came in an abused rollback and reverted them.

But 4chan still wanted to know (I guess it was a popular thread). So Ryulong reverted the mesage and protected his talk page.

Why Ryulong simply didn't just answer the question I have no idea. But then Ryulong went and he blocked all of those non-proxy IPs permanently as proxies:

02:37, 29 June 2008 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "67.150.175.9 (Talk)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ ({{blocked proxy}})
02:35, 29 June 2008 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "67.150.174.233 (Talk)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ ({{blocked proxy}})
02:35, 29 June 2008 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "63.199.246.137 (Talk)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ ({{blocked proxy}})
02:35, 29 June 2008 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "12.210.183.169 (Talk)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ ({{blocked proxy}})
02:35, 29 June 2008 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "69.145.49.128 (Talk)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ ({{blocked proxy}})

And one of the blocked ones has no contributions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contr...ns/67.150.175.9
I'd like to know what this IP did to get blocked forever!

And on some of the talk pages, another 4chan person left rude messages and Ryulong too busy to actually check if an IP was proxies, didn't notice
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contr.../209.196.35.148
Dirty messages remain. IP not blocked.

It is without a doubt to me that Ryulong knew they were not proxies and blocked them anyway.

This post has been edited by LamontStormstar:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)