FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
PHG leaving -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> PHG leaving
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

I haven't seen any threads about this guy (please merge if there are). All the signs are that he actually isn't leaving. He leaves obligatory message on Wales talk page

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...id=267644173#Hi

with a link to an enormous rant on his arbitration page

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...nk_I_am_leaving

Yet the sentiments he expresses are those we can all share:

I started in 2004 with the dream of generously sharing all knowledge with the rest of the world, and end-up in 2009 feeling like I am trying to contribute within the politics and proceedures of a police state. Administrators are increasing drastically in numbers, while editors are dwindling and running away (Signpost article). Control is good, over-control and repression of volunteer enthusiams is not and may probably be driving away the very energy that helped develop this project in its initial stages. Given the statistical trends, and given the atmosphere around here, I would be surprised if Wikipedia wasn't deserted two years from now. This is really sad.

"A police state typically exhibits elements of totalitarianism and social control, and there is usually little or no distinction between the law and the exercise of political power by the executive. The inhabitants of a police state experience restrictions on their mobility, and on their freedom to express or communicate political or other views, which are subject to police monitoring or enforcement."

What's the story on this arbitration?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)