FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Banned by JzG... again. -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This forum is for discussing specific Wikipedia editors, editing patterns, and general efforts by those editors to influence or direct content in ways that might not be in keeping with Wikipedia policy. Please source your claims and provide links where appropriate. For a glossary of terms frequently used when discussing Wikipedia and related projects, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary.

> Banned by JzG... again.
SmashTheState

Group: Contributors

As some of you might remember, I was banned some time ago by JzG, ostensibly for edits I had made (and cited) on the Ayn Rand Wikipedia article. At the time, JzG followed up the ban by nominating an article I had written for deletion, then mocking me on my user page to speak up if I had any objections.

Thanks in part to the ruckus kicked up here on WR, he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and had the ban removed by another administrator.

Well, it seems JzG has a long memory (and a total disregard for the truth). He's now claiming that my unbanning was just an oversight, a temporary measure, and he's now reinstating the ban. I haven't edited more than a dozen articles in the last year, and all of the edits have been very minor. You can imagine my surprise when I logged on this evening to discover I was being accused of sockpuppeting on the basis that this fellow and I edited six of the same articles several years ago, and we both use the term "neckbeards."

Some of the invective used against me would be hilarious if it wasn't being used as the basis for censoring me off of Wikipedia:

"We don't want you, we don't need, you, so quit already! Stop wasting all of our time disrupting Wikipedia. I guarantee, everyone else on this board will agree with me, you are not helping the encyclopedia."

"...my longstanding observation is that an anarchist isn't really someone who doesn't believe in rules so much as someone who is too lazy to work within them to form a consensus around his way of thinking ... it's far easier, after all, to just smash things up and declare moral victory. We need fewer people like that on Wikipedia, thanks."

And our lying friend JzG hath decreed that no checkuser is necessary, he has psychically determined that I must be this fellow, and so he waves his little magic wand and makes me disappear.

It's like something right out of Kafka.

[Edit: Just noticed that there's a whole forum dedicated to our friend JzG. If an editor could move this article there, it'd be appreciated.]

This post has been edited by SmashTheState:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
everyking

Postmaster

Group: Regulars

JzG is still around, still banning people? That's incredible. I thought for sure he'd been banned himself by now, or at least desysopped, or that he'd quit the project in a fit of pique.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)