FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
-

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> General Discussion? What's that all about?

This subforum is for general discussion of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. For a glossary of terms frequently used in such discussions, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary. For a glossary of musical terms, see here. Other useful links:

Akahele.orgWikipedia-WatchWikitruthWP:ANWikiEN-L/Foundation-L (mailing lists) • Citizendium forums

> 
EricBarbour

blah

Group: Regulars

about Wikipedia becoming an "important educational resource".

Because it already is. Read this guy's rant.

My main hobby is myself. Improving myself, educating myself, trying to be more than I am. To that end I've been (too lightly) pursuing education (tons of wikipedia reading followed by those books that catch my attention mostly), meditation (mantrayoga mostly), and attempting to take control of my emotions (as the drug and alcohol abusing adult child with three dead children of an abusive drug addict/alcholic that tried twice to kill me (loooooong story), I have a lot of emotional problems).

Would anyone like to go and tell that poor guy he's asking for trouble by making an "education" for himself by reading WP articles?
He'll end up being an expert on anime and manga, and ignorant of anything important.....

That is Wikipedia's primary cohort.

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)