FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Potentially illegal uses of this forum -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Potentially illegal uses of this forum, Please let us know of any
blissyu2

the wookie

Group: On Vacation
Member No.: 5

I know we've said this before more than a few times, and we do get messages from time to time advising us of anything potentially illegal on here, but we just got a serious legal threat from Jimbo Wales himself, threatening to sue us. And that means suing me, since I bought the domain name. That's my role here, basically, to make sure that everything here is legit and legal, so I hope that people can respect that.

The relevant post is this one: http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=1533

I have just written a response to it, in an e-mail to Jimbo Wales, and I cc'ed a few relevant people too. Put simply, I don't think that Wikipedia CAN sue Wikipedia Review. On what grounds? For daring to criticise the forum? And I am hoping that through this Wikipedia Review is able to exist without harassment from Wikipedia, so that people can come here without fearing being banned from Wikipedia for being critics, and so that people can go to Wikipedia and talk about this forum without fear of being censored or banned for doing so. However, if they are stupid enough to sue us, I want us to go full force, and bring up every single illegal action that Wikipedia has taken part of. I don't want them to feel that they can get away with this kind of terrorism. Counter-suing is relatively cheap and easy, and it would be legally much easier for us to counter-sue them than to initiate the action. We'd also be open to let anyone else jump in on the counter-suing. Its up to Wikipedia of course whether they want to go through with this.

But we need to be prepared. So please, look through, and see anything that you think is even a hint that it might be illegal. We will then wipe it or else edit the post.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)