FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Benjiboi -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This forum is for discussing specific Wikipedia editors, editing patterns, and general efforts by those editors to influence or direct content in ways that might not be in keeping with Wikipedia policy. Please source your claims and provide links where appropriate. For a glossary of terms frequently used when discussing Wikipedia and related projects, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Benjiboi, and his 2 autobiographies
Rating  3
tarantino

the Dude abides

Group: Regulars

Not many editors have their own autobiography, Benji is perhaps the only one to have two.

His DJ Pusspuss persona is a self-described American club, mobile and event DJ, music reviewer, activist and event producer.

While Sister Kitty Catalyst O.C.P., is a self-described uber-nun and homo-propagandist.

He is also mostly responsible for Sisters_of_Perpetual_Indulgence (T-H-L-K-D), a non-profit organization he works for, and the bios of several of his fellow nuns.

Concerns about an undisclosed conflict of interest and unlabeled autobiographies have been brought up a couple of times on wiki before, in 2007 and 2008. They were brushed aside by Benji and a small group of his enablers. There is very little doubt it is all true though.

(thanks to an anonymous tipster)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

And the point is...? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/bored.gif)
+Quote Post
JayT

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(tarantino @ Fri 4th September 2009, 7:02pm) *

Not many editors have their own autobiography, Benji is perhaps the only one to have two.

His DJ Pusspuss persona is a self-described American club, mobile and event DJ, music reviewer, activist and event producer.

While Sister Kitty Catalyst O.C.P., is a self-described uber-nun and homo-propagandist.

He is also mostly responsible for Sisters_of_Perpetual_Indulgence (T-H-L-K-D), a non-profit organization he works for, and the bios of several of his fellow nuns.

Concerns about an undisclosed conflict of interest and unlabeled autobiographies have been brought up a couple of times on wiki before, in 2007 and 2008. They were brushed aside by Benji and a small group of his enablers. There is very little doubt it is all true though.

(thanks to an anonymous tipster)

I take it this hasn't been acknowledged on wikipedia? Not that I'm doubting you, but is there proof that could be used to show that the articles are vanity pages?
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(tarantino @ Fri 4th September 2009, 9:02pm) *

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wik...s_with_articles
+Quote Post
tarantino

the Dude abides

QUOTE(JayT @ Sat 5th September 2009, 1:33am) *

I take it this hasn't been acknowledged on wikipedia? Not that I'm doubting you, but is there proof that could be used to show that the articles are vanity pages?

No and yes. Someone will bring it up onwiki eventually, because everyone who's anyone there reads WR.

Edit: Here's a statement from Sister Iona Dubble-Wyde:

Benjiboi has made 226 of the 694 non-bot edits to the article.

This post has been edited by tarantino:
+Quote Post
One

Postmaster General

Group: Contributors

Hard to say. See DJ_Pusspuss AfD.

This post has been edited by One:
+Quote Post
gomi

Group: Members

QUOTE(tarantino @ Fri 4th September 2009, 7:09pm) *
I take it this hasn't been acknowledged on wikipedia?
Someone will bring it up onwiki eventually, because everyone who's anyone there reads WR.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner:

QUOTE(One @ Fri 4th September 2009, 7:10pm) *
Hard to say.

+Quote Post
thekohser

Just so I have this clear...

One of Wikipedia's leading editors is also a notable DJ spinning tunes for "t-girl" strippers?

No wonder Wikipedia is "almost" as reliable as Encyclopedia Britannica.
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

QUOTE(tarantino @ Fri 4th September 2009, 7:09pm) *

No and yes. Someone will bring it up onwiki eventually, because everyone who's anyone there reads WR.

Edit: Here's a statement from Sister Iona Dubble-Wyde:

Benjiboi has made 226 of the 694 non-bot edits to the article.

*coff* (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif)
+Quote Post
No one of consequence

I want to stare at the seaside and do nothing at all

QUOTE(tarantino @ Fri 4th September 2009, 7:02pm) *

I got the same tip but I don't have time to personally investigate. Maybe One or SirFozzie or FT2 has time on his hands.

QUOTE(Alison @ Sat 5th September 2009, 4:22am) *

Alison wins the kewpie doll!
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

B has an interesting view of what constitutes a personal attack (in this case an objective look at one of Haiduc's strange articles http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_pederastic_couples). See below. The problem is that it is difficult to complain about any of this stuff (namely overt propagandising) without being accused of homophobia.

Actually combined with Peter Damian's history of calling other editors something akin to pro-pedophile activists and accusing admins of protecting the same I wanted to be quite firm that veiled accusations like calling the article Haiduc's thesis and stating things such as "acres of original research that Haiduc insists on propogating in Wikipedia" on the talkpage of [[Historical pederastic couples]] is seen as unhelpful, disruptive and uncivil. Adding that to Peter Damian's comment at [[Wikipedia:Deletion review/Log/2008 July 20#Historical pederastic couples]] - "Everything Haiduc writes is plagued by fallacy of equivocation and similar logical deficiencies." Seems to be a personal attack of some sort. I also see this as possibly violating assuming good faith policy. To me this is an editor whose not showing a polite discourse but flouting the disposition to let bad faith accusations and personal attacks against certain editors stand unchallenged. Wikipedia is not a battleground and an atmosphere of harassment and intimidation should not be encouraged. I also am readily able, as is any editor, to file reports at ANI or another appropriate board if Peter Damian's behavior doesn't come into an acceptable level. Just because some admins have been allowed to abuse tools or fling mud at Haiduc and other editors doesn't mean we all roll over and take punches and personal attacks. We need to support editors not an atmosphere of intolerance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=227111408

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Art...2nd_nomination)
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

QUOTE(No one of consequence @ Sat 5th September 2009, 5:26am) *

I got the same tip but I don't have time to personally investigate.

Are they the same person? Benjiboi wrote the entire article about "DJ Pusspuss". And here it says they are the same person

"DJ Puss Puss is also Sister Kitty Catalyst of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence."
http://www.mail-archive.com/squidlist@list...g/msg03608.html

But DJ Pusspuss is clearly mid-twenties, whereas sister kitty is older. Her biography says that s/he "came to San Francisco via the London Order that I had joined (1991-92)" which means age about late thirties

http://www.thesisters.org/bios/kitty.html

However her email is "pusspuss at gotblow dot org". Now http://www.gotblow.org/ is "a grassroots campaign using a safety whistle as a symbol to confront hate crimes", which sister kitty co-founded per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sister_Kitty_Catalyst_O.C.P.. .

This post has been edited by Peter Damian:
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(No one of consequence @ Sat 5th September 2009, 12:26am) *

I got the same tip but I don't have time to personally investigate. Maybe One or SirFozzie or FT2 has time on his hands.

Funny, someone is sending "tips" that out Benji? It appears more than a few people have time on their hands! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif)

QUOTE(thekohser @ Fri 4th September 2009, 11:31pm) *

One of Wikipedia's leading editors is also a notable DJ spinning tunes for "t-girl" strippers?

No wonder Wikipedia is "almost" as reliable as Encyclopedia Britannica.

Benji is a "leading" editor? That's news to me. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Sat 5th September 2009, 10:54am) *

It appears more than a few people have time on their hands! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif)

If anything bad or embarrassing turns up it is always helpful to say something like this. Another good reply (often used by Thatcher) is that it happened some time ago (Thatcher has never really specified exactly how long counts).

If anyone subsequently lies about it http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=182144567 , then say that politicians often lie.

Or get a mate to make allegations of stalking or harrassment

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=182177247

+Quote Post
Peter Damian

Oh I see someone called 'The Land Surveyor' has put the article on the DJ up for deletion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Art...2nd_nomination)

Will it be deleted? Or will the person who put it up for deletion be blocked or be the target of abuse for supposed harrassment, wikistalking, BADSITES or whatever else? Let's see.
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sat 5th September 2009, 1:20pm) *

Oh I see someone called 'The Land Surveyor' has put the article on the DJ up for deletion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Art...2nd_nomination)

Will it be deleted? Or will the person who put it up for deletion be blocked or be the target of abuse for supposed harrassment, wikistalking, BADSITES or whatever else? Let's see.

I wonder if this AFD will bring the esteemed LGBT editor and fellow self-promoter Allstarecho out of his retirement (and by retirement I mean leaving in a huff as the ban hammer starts getting warmed up)?
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

I suspect the whistleblowing may have come from the ranks of the users involved in the paid editing article dispute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Paid_editing
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sat 5th September 2009, 10:25am) *

I wonder if this AFD will bring the esteemed LGBT editor and fellow self-promoter Allstarecho out of his retirement (and by retirement I mean leaving in a huff as the ban hammer starts getting warmed up)?

Only if Matt Sanchez shows up. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

All is explained.

Week keep. Since I last went through and added sources I have been unable to find the radio interviews that were online previously. I'll leave it for others to decide if this meets GNG with what we have. With Fences and windows' excellent detective work seems they co-founded several organizations. There were several two-hour interviews that certainly were independent although they were hardly hard news. They were, BTW, with the same person being used to source the connection but nothing in the interviews addressed any connection or identity besides the DJ one but was helpful to add in some biographical and early life content. Despite Fences and windows' excellent detective work I don't see any sourcing to back up a merge. There is only one unreliable source - an entry on livejournal.com no less - making the assertion but looking through their other entries they seem to make mistakes. There is also the possibility we have two people sharing one email account and by extension, likely live together and work on projects together. -- Banjeboi 21:32, 5 September 2009 (UTC)

[edit] And indeed the Land Surveyor has been blocked.

Blocked
You know the rules and so do I. Brandon (talk) 20:32, 5 September 2009 (UTC)

The rules, as far as I am concerned, are that abuse of accounts is wrong. Here we have a case of a person writing not one, but two articles about themselves. You notice I was discreet enough not to point out the identity on the AfD page. The Land Surveyor (talk) 21:44, 5 September 2009 (UTC)
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:The_Land_Surveyor"

+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sat 5th September 2009, 4:35pm) *
[edit] And indeed the Land Surveyor has been blocked.

Blocked
You know the rules and so do I. Brandon (talk) 20:32, 5 September 2009 (UTC)

The rules, as far as I am concerned, are that abuse of accounts is wrong. Here we have a case of a person writing not one, but two articles about themselves. You notice I was discreet enough not to point out the identity on the AfD page. The Land Surveyor (talk) 21:44, 5 September 2009 (UTC)
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:The_Land_Surveyor"

Phooey...Horsey wants knockdown, dragout, WWE violence. This stuff is boring. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)