FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Please, dear God, will someone take JzG's stupid admin tools -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Please, dear God, will someone take JzG's stupid admin tools, appearing now at the ArbCom
Bob Boy

Group: Inactive

JzG's beyond-bizarre behavior has continued despite his statement that he will (na-na-na-I-can't-hear-you-na-na-na) not look at his RfC even though arbitrators and long-respected admins and users are commenting there. For the love of Allah, Jesus Christ, YHWH, Buddha, orwhatever else is required, will someone please, please look at his recent activities and put in a request to de-sysop his stupid ass?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

QUOTE(Bob Boy @ Sun 4th May 2008, 5:47pm) *

JzG's beyond-bizarre behavior has continued despite his statement that he will (na-na-na-I-can't-hear-you-na-na-na) not look at his RfC even though arbitrators and long-respected admins and users are commenting there. For the love of Allah, Jesus Christ, YHWH, Buddha, or whatever else is required, will someone please, please look at his recent activities and put in a request to de-sysop his stupid ass?

There's a reason, well, a cause or a motive why Wikipedia Manglement just can't do that.

Wikipedia is the very antithesis of an Error-Controlled System. It acts to maintain its delusion of infallibility at all costs, denying whatever errors it makes and banning or muffling whatever messengers it takes to preserve the infantile fantasy that it never makes any mistakes.

The day that they admit that adminning Guy Chapman was one of the biggest mistakes they ever made they will have to start thinking of all the good people that he ran off the project.

And they cannot afford to own up to that.

It might make them feel human.

Jon (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/cool.gif)

This post has been edited by Jon Awbrey:
+Quote Post
Amarkov

Ãœber Member

Member No.: 3,635

The Arbitration Committee is much too impotent to actually sanction an admin for continually being stupid. There has to be a big incident people can point to, and say "look, THIS is why he needs to be desysopped". Otherwise, we're just engaging in "statistical analysis of questionable veracity" regarding his edits.
+Quote Post
ThurstonHowell3rd

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(Amarkov @ Sun 4th May 2008, 3:22pm) *

The Arbitration Committee is much too impotent to actually sanction an admin for continually being stupid. There has to be a big incident people can point to, and say "look, THIS is why he needs to be desysopped". Otherwise, we're just engaging in "statistical analysis of questionable veracity" regarding his edits.

We are about to see if Arbcom is impotent (JzG request for arbitration):

link

... and yes they are... the arbs want to combine it with Cal68's arbitration, a totally unrelated case.

This post has been edited by ThurstonHowell3rd:
+Quote Post
Derktar

WR Black Ops

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,381

Moderator's Note: The title was cut off during posting, I hope I clarified it correctly.
+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

Group: Regulars

Great comment from Squeakbox - the king of the typo. (bolding mine) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)
QUOTE(Squeakbox)

As one of our best admins who works tirelessly Guy is bound to attract enemies but that is not a reason to see him brought here to arbcom. His British way of expression may be a bit much for some non-British people butt hat is not a reason to bring him to arbcom either. If this case is accepted I hope that Guy will come out of it not only better than his opponents but with an enhaced reputation. This is the kind of admin we need, trying to chase him away is not on. Thanks, SqueakBox 21:09, 18 May 2008 (UTC)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...olved_SqueakBox

Ah yes, wearing the Butt Hat is a great British tradition and one which JzG enjoys with gusto.
(IMG:http://www.percywells.com/drawings/fparchives/percywells-asshat.jpg)
+Quote Post
KamrynMatika

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 18th May 2008, 10:53pm) *

Great comment from Squeakbox - the king of the typo. (bolding mine)
QUOTE(Squeakbox)

As one of our best admins who works tirelessly Guy is bound to attract enemies but that is not a reason to see him brought here to arbcom. His British way of expression may be a bit much for some non-British people butt hat is not a reason to bring him to arbcom either. If this case is accepted I hope that Guy will come out of it not only better than his opponents but with an enhaced reputation. This is the kind of admin we need, trying to chase him away is not on. Thanks, SqueakBox 21:09, 18 May 2008 (UTC)

God I really hate it when people put Guy's attitude down to Britishness. It's just giving the Brits a bad name (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sad.gif) "His British way of expression may be a bit much for some non-British people" as if non-non-British people would think his attitude is A-OK...
+Quote Post
Viridae

Fat Cat

QUOTE(KamrynMatika @ Mon 19th May 2008, 7:57am) *

QUOTE(Squeakbox)

God I really hate it when people put Guy's attitude down to Britishness. It's just giving the Brits a bad name (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sad.gif) "His British way of expression may be a bit much for some non-British people" as if non-non-British people would think his attitude is A-OK...

As LHVU put it in this edit summary: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=213335588

" cor blimey, guv'nor, and no mistake me old trollop, baint nowt t'talkin' the Queens Hinglish, doncha know?"
+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

QUOTE(KamrynMatika @ Sun 18th May 2008, 10:57pm) *

Guy is a certain kind of Brit that you have to understand though, and despite my stinging criticism of some of his behavior, he is a very human figure whose motives are familiar and easy to discern. At least to me. I just think he's wrong a lot of the time.

I set him apart from those Midwich Cuckoo kids and crazed American libertarians on wikipedia who scare the crap out of me.

When JzG goes nuts I can hear his voice as human. When those weirdos go off the rails I hear either HAL, or the voice of some shrill South Park caricature.

QUOTE(Viridae @ Sun 18th May 2008, 11:03pm) *

As LHVU put it in this edit summary: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=213335588

" cor blimey, guv'nor, and no mistake me old trollop, baint nowt t'talkin' the Queens Hinglish, doncha know?"

Where LHVU lives, he probably sounds like Long John Silver. So less of the ribbin', my loverrrr and pour me anotherrrr Spingo, me hearties. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
wikiwhistle

Postmaster

QUOTE(KamrynMatika @ Sun 18th May 2008, 10:57pm) *

Brits are (or were) famous for good, not bad manners.
+Quote Post
guy

Postmaster General

Member No.: 23

QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Sun 18th May 2008, 11:46pm) *

Brits are (or were) famous for good, not bad manners.

It's playing cricket. Alas, cricket isn't what it was.
+Quote Post
dtobias

Obsessive trolling idiot [per JzG]

Member No.: 962

QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 18th May 2008, 6:11pm) *

crazed American libertarians on wikipedia

Hey, I resemble that remark.
+Quote Post
wikiwhistle

Postmaster

QUOTE(dtobias @ Mon 19th May 2008, 12:40am) *

Lol, you're particularly good at your puns etc. recently.(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Lar

"His blandness goes to 11!"

Member No.: 4,290

QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Sun 18th May 2008, 7:47pm) *

QUOTE(dtobias @ Mon 19th May 2008, 12:40am) *

Lol, you're particularly good at your puns etc. recently.(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

That's an oldie but a goodie, on this side of the pond anyway.

why does "crazed American libertarians on wikipedia" sound kinda like "white punks on dope" in how it resonates???
+Quote Post
wikiwhistle

Postmaster

or "sheep on drugs" ???
+Quote Post
Giggy

Ãœber Member

Member No.: 5,552

QUOTE(Squeakbox)

I always wonder how much I could get away with simply by saying "I'm Australian, mate"...
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(Squeakbox)

Lulz. I gather that a lot of non-Brits have been butt hat by the Guy, then. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif)

Stop, before ED creeps into my personality further. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Viridae

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Giggy @ Mon 19th May 2008, 12:27pm) *

QUOTE(Squeakbox)

I always wonder how much I could get away with simply by saying "I'm Australian, mate"...

I have pointed out my hard swearing, insult flinging australian heritage several times in response to those who have used Guy's british status as an excuse. I might have a filthier mouth than most peole around but that doesnt mean it needs to be displayed in a forum where it is likely to be misconstrued. The instant I start calling male editors a cunt in a jocular manner that can't be discerned ver the internet is the instant I get blocked for NPA. (apologies to the americans who don't use the C word quite like we do)
+Quote Post
Viridae

Fat Cat

Haha - JzG is apparently going on holiday again http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Adm...n.27t_noticed... just like he did just before the RfC was posted - not that you would have noticed any slowdown in his editing of course.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(Viridae @ Mon 19th May 2008, 7:23am) *

I have pointed out my hard swearing, insult flinging australian heritage several times in response to those who have used Guy's british status as an excuse. I might have a filthier mouth than most peole around but that doesnt mean it needs to be displayed in a forum where it is likely to be misconstrued. The instant I start calling male editors a cunt in a jocular manner that can't be discerned ver the internet is the instant I get blocked for NPA. (apologies to the americans who don't use the C word quite like we do)

If you were French or even a Francophone like (say) Wjscriber, we could forgive you for that. But I fail to see what this does for Brits accused of being foul-mouthed.

I'm sure some of this is a class-thing (Maybe he's from the wrong part of Manchester?), but just about anybody with frontal lobes and age over 18 has learned to moderate speech in some way in polite society or discourse.

Has the Chunnel really resulted in more cunt-using Brits?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)