FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Yet another right-wing "Christian" wiki -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> General Discussion? What's that all about?

This subforum is for general discussion of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. For a glossary of terms frequently used in such discussions, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary. For a glossary of musical terms, see here. Other useful links:

Akahele.orgWikipedia-WatchWikitruthWP:ANWikiEN-L/Foundation-L (mailing lists) • Citizendium forums

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yet another right-wing "Christian" wiki
EricBarbour

blah

Group: Regulars

As usual, a bunch of right-crackpots object to Wikipedia's "liberal bias".
So they install MediaWiki on a server, and call themselves Christopedia.

Mostly articles copied from WP, with a few exceptions.
Thus, the article about "racial purity".

Funny, the registrar is in the British Virgin Islands.....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
emesee

ban me

Group: Tanked
Member No.: 8,586

Thank you. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Achromatic

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 4,185

I love this "vandalism" which I doubt was the original intent of the authors:

Bible verse
Ephesians 1,000,000:12
“ "...and god then said that homosexuals are to be loved and accepted,for mankind had greatly mistreated them in the past..." – King James Version ”

Maybe they can borrow from WP's Left Behind game article. Have a read of that horrible Criticisms section.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Mon 11th May 2009, 9:57pm) *

Funny, the registrar is in the British Virgin Islands.....

I see that somebody is having a go against it from a biological perspective. Heterosis and hybrid vigor, indeed. Though I bet if I add Lenny Bruce's suggestion that we humans should fuck each other into a single shade of tan, I bet I'd be reverted. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

My kudos for unintentional humor in the categorizing of this article:

Template:Ideology-small

+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

How about ANOTHER_FUCKING_CRACKER. There's quite a bit of vandalism and much of it is sticking. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)

And the main page is an unattributed complete copy of The Czech Wikipedia. Naughty!
+Quote Post
Firsfron of Ronchester

Member No.: 1,715

Nasty! I can't imagine the gall of that place calling itself "Christian". I thought the main page was bad; then I saw the "Negroid" article. Awful.
+Quote Post
dogbiscuit

Could you run through Verifiability not Truth once more?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,015

QUOTE(Firsfron of Ronchester @ Tue 12th May 2009, 7:26am) *

Nasty! I can't imagine the gall of that place calling itself "Christian". I thought the main page was bad; then I saw the "Negroid" article. Awful.

You almost have to admire the complete insensitivity of someone who can put that nonsense on the web and leave it tagged with:

This article may be biased in favor of a liberal perspective.
This article contains unrefined material from Wikipedia and is therefore unlikely to conform with Christopedia's Christian Point of View policy. Please improve the article by removing manifestations of leftist propaganda and political correctness.

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wtf.gif)
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Member No.: 3,670

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Tue 12th May 2009, 12:57am) *
Mostly articles copied from WP, with a few exceptions. Thus, the article about "racial purity".

Compare the family photo of that racial purity article to this more politically correct one.
+Quote Post
GlassBeadGame

Dharma Bum

From: My name it means nothing. My age it means less. The country I come from is called the Mid-West.
Member No.: 981

QUOTE(Moulton @ Tue 12th May 2009, 7:13am) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Tue 12th May 2009, 12:57am) *
Mostly articles copied from WP, with a few exceptions. Thus, the article about "racial purity".

Compare the family photo of that racial purity article to this more politically correct one.

I hit the "random article" a few times and this wiki seems completely obsessed with race issues from a highly racist pov. I think it would be unfair to characterize this site as "Christian" even as narrowly defined by evangelicals or run of the mill fundamentalists.
+Quote Post
KimvdLinde

This site is nothing less than a hate-site, each and every article is obsessed with race and it peddles a lot of the standard White-Supremacist arguments such as racial purity, human subspecies etc.
+Quote Post
Push the button

You've gotta love the vandalism to the Bible verse of the day template that has left the main page showing Ephesians 1,000,000:12 " ...and god then said that homosexuals are to be loved and accepted, for mankind had greatly mistreated them in the past..."...
+Quote Post
dogbiscuit

Could you run through Verifiability not Truth once more?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,015

QUOTE(Push the button @ Tue 12th May 2009, 3:47pm) *

You've gotta love the vandalism to the Bible verse of the day template that has left the main page showing Ephesians 1,000,000:12 " ...and god then said that homosexuals are to be loved and accepted, for mankind had greatly mistreated them in the past..."...

It's not all bad. I was rather taken with this from the main page article on Mr Obama:

After McCain was nominated as the Republican presidential candidate, there were three presidential debates between Obama and McCain in September and October 2008. During the first debate, McCain questioned whether the young negroid was strong enough on national security, pointing out that Obama had voted against funding for several missile systems. Obama then unzipped his pants, pulled out his penis (measuring over 13 inches in length), calmly slapped McCain across the face with his member, and then responded, "Got all the missile I need RIGHT HERE!" Polls after the debate showed Obama surging.

Hmm, no citation though...
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

The Hitler article is going to take some time if the edit history of this sentence is anything to go by. The original reads:

One of Hitler's fellow pupils in the Realschule was Ludwig Wittgenstein, one of the great philosophers of the 20th century.

It is changed to "One of Hitler's fellow pupils in the Realschule was Ludwig Wittgenstein, a homosexual Jew, and an infleuntal philosopher of the 20th century. "http://christopedia.us/w/index.php?title=Adolf_Hitler&diff=4693&oldid=4692

and then

One of Hitler's fellow pupils in the Realschule was Ludwig Wittgenstein, a homosexual and a Jew, who was an infleuntal philosopher of the 20th century. http://christopedia.us/w/index.php?title=A...4694&oldid=4693

then

One of Hitler's fellow pupils in the Realschule was Ludwig Wittgenstein, an infleuntal philosopher of the 20th century. Wittgenstein was a Jew who would later choose to live a homosexual lifestyle. http://christopedia.us/w/index.php?title=A...4695&oldid=4694

then

One of Hitler's fellow pupils was Ludwig Wittgenstein, an infleuntal philosopher of the 20th century. Wittgenstein was also a Jew who would later choose to live a homosexual lifestyle.http://christopedia.us/w/index.php?title=Adolf_Hitler&diff=4698&oldid=4697

then

One of Hitler's fellow pupils was Ludwig Wittgenstein, an influential philosopher of the 20th century. Wittgenstein was also a Jew who would later choose to live a homosexual lifestyle. http://christopedia.us/w/index.php?title=A...4699&oldid=4698

then

One of Hitler's fellow pupils was Ludwig Wittgenstein, an influential Jewish philosopher of the 20th century who would later choose to live a homosexual lifestyle. http://christopedia.us/w/index.php?title=A...4700&oldid=4699

then

One of Hitler's fellow pupils was Ludwig Wittgenstein, an influential Jewish philosopher of the 20th century who would choose to live a homosexual lifestyle. http://christopedia.us/w/index.php?title=A...4701&oldid=4700

then

One of Hitler's fellow pupils was Ludwig Wittgenstein, an influential Jewish philosopher of the 20th century who chose to live a homosexual lifestyle. http://christopedia.us/w/index.php?title=A...4752&oldid=4701

This post has been edited by Peter Damian:
+Quote Post
nobs

#2242 most prolific contributor of out of 1 million+ WP users

Member No.: 16

What proof do you have for this assertion? It looks like just another all too common standard commie disinformation site.
+Quote Post
GlassBeadGame

Dharma Bum

From: My name it means nothing. My age it means less. The country I come from is called the Mid-West.
Member No.: 981

QUOTE(nobs @ Tue 12th May 2009, 1:43pm) *

What proof do you have for this assertion? It looks like just another all too common standard commie disinformation site.

Neither a site representative of "Christian Conservatives" nor a disinformation site. There are enough "Christian's"of this hate filled type to people a wiki, but they are marginal and speak for no one but themselves and are not representative of any church. Even conservative Christians are likely more likely to espouse racial tolerance and understanding than the kind of twisted literalist interpretation that tortures scriptures to arrive at these hateful conclusions.
+Quote Post
nobs

#2242 most prolific contributor of out of 1 million+ WP users

Member No.: 16

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Tue 12th May 2009, 12:53pm) *

QUOTE(nobs @ Tue 12th May 2009, 1:43pm) *

Neither a site representative of "Christian Conservatives" nor a disinformation site. There are enough "Christian's"of this hate filled type to people a wiki, but they are marginal and speak for no one but themselves and are not representative of any church. Even conservative Christians are likely more likely to espouse racial tolerance and understanding than the kind of twisted literalist interpretation that tortures scriptures to arrive at these hateful conclusions.
Very true. But the whole idea is to hijack the name, Christ, and impugn Chrisitians. And it evidentally works, as the creator of this thread immediately assigned all sorts of other things to it.
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

QUOTE(nobs @ Tue 12th May 2009, 1:01pm) *

Very true. But the whole idea is to hijack the name, Christ, and impugn Chrisitians. And it evidentally works, as the creator of this thread immediately assigned all sorts of other things to it.

But No True Christian would say such things!! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)

Frankly, many Christians do it all the time. You don't need Commieâ„¢ conspiracy theories to explain it away, unfortunately. I'm inclined to go with GBG on this one
+Quote Post
Mike R

feo pero que bien baila

QUOTE(Alison @ Tue 12th May 2009, 3:24pm) *

But No True Christian would say such things!! :o :rolleyes:

Frankly, many Christians do it all the time. You don't need Commieâ„¢ conspiracy theories to explain it away, unfortunately. I'm inclined to go with GBG on this one

This disagreement is an example of Poe's Law in action.

Is this thread in the right subforum?
+Quote Post
LessHorrid vanU

Devils Advocaat

QUOTE(Alison @ Tue 12th May 2009, 7:06am) *

How about ANOTHER_FUCKING_CRACKER.

I am a little concerned; I live quite near St. Erth.
+Quote Post
TungstenCarbide

Allegedly shot down by stray Ukrainian missile

QUOTE(Alison @ Tue 12th May 2009, 8:24pm) *

But No True Christian would say such things!! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)

Not just Christians. People are capable of doing really bad things when fired by righteousness or self-righteousness. In fact, lynch mobs can't exist without it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)