FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Dragonfly Sixtyseven - super shmuck -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This forum is for discussing specific Wikipedia editors, editing patterns, and general efforts by those editors to influence or direct content in ways that might not be in keeping with Wikipedia policy. Please source your claims and provide links where appropriate. For a glossary of terms frequently used when discussing Wikipedia and related projects, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary.

> Dragonfly Sixtyseven - super shmuck
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

I only knew the admin Dragonfly Sixtyseven as the kook admin who turned his user page into a shrine for his girlfriend after she dropped dead. Well, he seems to know our little pony.

On November 12, 2011, DragonflySixtyseven went out of his way to delete a bunch of articles that I created under the name of Warrah. The Warrah account was disabled in April 2010 and the articles created under this account – all of which were properly referenced, and many had photos – were online without any controversy.

Now, I have no clue why this idiot abruptly decided to single out my work more than 1.5 years after the account was shut down. I only discovered this deletion spree by accident today.

Thanks to Mr. Dragonfly and something called "G5", the "encyclopedia that anyone can edit" now has coverage holes in subjects relating to cinema, art, zoology, marine biology, whaling, publishing and art. The articles that were deleted (without discussion, AFAIK) include:

Two articles on films that are part of the U.S. Library of Congress’ National Film Registry: "Commandment Keep Church, Beaufort, South Carolina (May 1940)" and "Kannapolis, N.C. (1941 film)." A third National Film Registry-related article, "Traffic in Souls," was also deleted but was later recreated by another person.

Two articles about noted U.S. zoologists William G. Conway and Susan K. Avery.

An article about the critically acclaimed biography "Black Apollo of Science: The Life of Ernest Everett Just."

An article about the book “The Biology of the Cell Surface,” written by the aforementioned Ernest Everett Just (it is one of the most important books in early 20th century marine biology).

An article about the American Wind and Wildlife Institute, a prominent U.S. wind energy and environmental organization.

An article about the environmental book and documentary "River of Renewal: Myth and History in the Klamath Basin."

An article about Absalom Boston, the first African American whaling ship captain.

An article about the maritime folk song "John Kanaka."

Articles about the famous paintings "The Dream" (Rousseau), "Lions in the Desert" (Tanner) and "Apocalypse in Lilac, Capriccio" (Chagall).

Articles about two New England museums: Azorean Maritime Heritage Society and Kendall Whaling Museum.

Articles about two organizations that preserve U.S. whaling history, The X Seamen's Institute and Melville Society.

An article about the acclaimed indie publishing company Orchises Press.

An article about the Sarawak pygmy swellshark. (I guess it is not such a notable shark after all?)

An article about the influential U.S. pediatric physician/researcher Sidney V. Haas.

An article about the U.S. television program "Zoorama."

An article on Scottish historian Ashley Cowie (someone else rewrote it).

An article on the Giant Solenodon (somehow that got restored).

In case you are wondering, most of these articles were quickly written and at stub-level. Still, the level of destruction is pretty stupid, even by WP standards.

This post has been edited by A Horse With No Name:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
A Horse With No Name   Dragonfly Sixtyseven - super shmuck  
TungstenCarbide   I only knew the admin Dragonfly Sixtyseven as the...  
A Horse With No Name   would it kill ya to add some links? Well, that ...  
TungstenCarbide   [quote name='TungstenCarbide' post='295148' date='...  
carbuncle   I find it hard to reconcile this with the weeping ...  
A Horse With No Name   I find it hard to reconcile this with the weeping...  
carbuncle   I find it hard to reconcile this with the weepin...  
A Horse With No Name   On the one hand, some WP editors rush to delete i...  
radek   On the one hand, some WP editors rush to delete ...  
Peter Damian   The fact this can happen at all shows that Wikiped...  
Cunningly Linguistic   The fact this can happen at all shows that Wikipe...  
EricBarbour   If anyone has more info on D67, please, share it. ...  
A Horse With No Name   . I would have felt sympathy over the death of his...  
melloden   . I would have felt sympathy over the death of hi...  
Cunningly Linguistic   [quote name='A Horse With No Name' post='295189' ...  
radek   The specific part of your statement where you...  
Cunningly Linguistic   The specific part of your statement where you...  
A Horse With No Name   [quote name='A Horse With No Name' post='295189' ...  
melloden   [quote name='A Horse With No Name' post='295189'...  
A Horse With No Name   Either way, your earlier comment wasn't nece...  
mbz1   Either way, your earlier comment wasn't nec...  
A Horse With No Name   He was born in 1967, so he's at least 44 now....  
Fusion   [quote name='mbz1' post='295345' date='Fri 27th J...  
mbz1   [quote name='mbz1' post='295345' date='Fri 27th ...  
A Horse With No Name   A Horse With No Name, I'd like to ask you a qu...  
Abd   Looking at User:DragonflySixtyseven, I noticed his...  
EricBarbour   Looking at User:DragonflySixtyseven, I noticed hi...  
radek   "Rev. Cantor Beck: Welcome to Wikipedia! ...  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)