FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Jimbo's date (?) at the Quadriga Awards -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Jimbo's date (?) at the Quadriga Awards
thekohser

Group: Regulars

Anybody know who is the woman with Jimbo in this photo (center), and in this photo (left)?

Is that Der Jimbo's former assistant at Wikia, Sierra Lovelace? Nah, that's not the same woman as the real Sierra (left).

This post has been edited by thekohser:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
EricBarbour

blah

Group: Regulars

Gentlemen, may I offer a few things?

One, if she appears in public like that, and allows herself to be photographed, trying to find her identity isn't what I would call "evil". We already know that Wales is (or pretends to be) a "playa", so revealing the identities of his many mistresses is not out of line. (In fact, I daresay that Jimbo is far from being an important-enough celebrity that paparazzi and tabloid reporters would care about his trysts and friendships. Such people do far worse things that this, routinely.)

Two, that said, I think Greg's time might be more effectively spent finding something really important on Jimbo's history prior to 2001. Just a suggestion.

Three, I would take this photo, crop it with GIMP or Photoshop, and run it thru TinEye.
Their algorithms are supposedly optimized for human faces, so this would be a good test.
+Quote Post
Detective

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Tue 19th July 2011, 11:02pm) *

Three, I would take this photo, crop it with GIMP or Photoshop, and run it thru TinEye.
Their algorithms are supposedly optimized for human faces, so this would be a good test.

I trhink that's a misunderstanding of what TinEye does. It looks for photos that are similar to the one you upload or point to. It can find similar photos even if one is cropped or photoshopped in various ways, for example replacing the face of a model with someone else's face. However, it is not designed to find all photos of people who look like Jimbo's girlfriend (?) if you upload one photo of her.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)