FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Poetgate -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Poetgate, - the essay
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

I'll probably get roasted for saying this, but this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SlimVirgin/Poetgate

seems at least a clear description of what was going on. (As opposed to the monstrous 40 page thread going on elsewhere.

So who actually were the real, non-fictional people who want to put their hand up and say SV did something bad? As I say, she has always been good to me, and occasionally sends kind emails on the frequent occasions I get blocked. (Not so much recently but perhaps she was busy writing that essay linked to above.

Edit by Selina: Some of the more glaring lies are addressed in http://wikipediareview.com/?showtopic=20289

This post has been edited by Selina:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Tue 9th September 2008, 12:06pm) *

So who actually were the real, non-fictional people who want to put their hand up and say SV did something bad?

1 Hand Clapping Here —
How Many Φingers?
YooDooDuhMath …

Jon (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/cool.gif)

This post has been edited by Jon Awbrey:
+Quote Post
dogbiscuit

Could you run through Verifiability not Truth once more?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,015

I'll put my hand up. Forget about the sooper-seekrit stuff: she simply used to operate as if Wikipedia was hers - less so now as she is keeping the legendary low profile aside fromher stalking histrionics every now and again..

She owned the rules. If she was losing an edit war, she simply decided it was a demonstration of why the rules were wrong and changed them, on the basis of what would get her a win next time. If she can't win an argument she deletes it, or simply stays quiet, or points out some problem way, way, way over there. Then she uses Crum, her sock or meat puppet to evade 3RR. And any complaint is met by histrionics of stalking.

She is sweetness and light when you are on her good side. If you don't cross her, she will leave you alone. She uses every trick in the book to defeat you if you are not. A good example is Tim Vickers, who seems to be the epitome of fairmindedness, and takes great care to do things by the book, yet Slim was convinced he was the spawn of the devil as he crossed swords when she used her wicked ways upon him. And she has that especially Wikipedian trait of no forgiveness, for however long or forever trivial your sin is.
+Quote Post
thekohser

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Tue 9th September 2008, 12:06pm) *

So who actually were the real, non-fictional people who want to put their hand up and say SV did something bad?

Not that it's "bad", but it's kind of a failure that her summary doesn't mention me even once.

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
gomi

Group: Members

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Tue 9th September 2008, 9:06am) *

I'll probably get roasted for saying this, but this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SlimVirgin/Poetgate

seems at least a clear description of what was going on. (As opposed to the monstrous 40 page thread going on elsewhere.

So who actually were the real, non-fictional people who want to put their hand up and say SV did something bad? As I say, she has always been good to me, and occasionally sends kind emails on the frequent occasions I get blocked. (Not so much recently but perhaps she was busy writing that essay linked to above.

I agree with you that the essay is a clear and concise description of the situation. Of course, given the constraints of on-wiki writing, it leaves out many of the salacious details and most of the Review-specific stuff, so it is far from a comprehensive report, but it has the advantage of accessibility to the lay reader. This, indeed, is one of Linda Mack SlimVirgin's strengths, as an Oxbridge-educated (however briefly) demi-scholar, she possesses better-than-average composition and writing skills, and uses them to her advantage on Wikipedia. Nothing wrong with that.

What annoys some people is the utter hypocrisy she displays, how blithe she is about her own transgressions, and how quick she is to capitalize on any given situation in her battles against others on Wikipedia and elsewhere. Her initial reaction to Poetgate was an attack on FloNight, not someone I wish to defend, but nonetheless a craven and petty thing to do, especially coming immediately from her self-imposed exile hiding from justice in the Arbcom case. She has never admitted and apologized for her own sockpuppetry, her own cabalism, and when she castigates anyone for those sins, it simply rings hollow.

The "need for reform" section is particularly problematic. While there is little evidence of cross-project checkuser "abuse" (how would you further abuse an abusive system?), SlimVirgin uses Poetgate to further her latest hobby-horse project, to change checkuser oversight. Now that she has her pet checkuser in Jayjg, she wants to firmly close the door behind herself and ensure that no one uses the system against her and her minions.

Most amazingly, she addressed us directly:
I also ask that the people who post on Wikipedia Review start asking for solid diffs when someone is being regularly attacked there, then read them and the context carefully. Ditto with Cla68's evidence on the ArbCom page.

This is remarkable in its arrogance. The SlimVirgin file here is absolutely chock-full of detailed, linked evidence of her mis-deeds, as is Cla68's evidence. This statement is a triumphant use of the Bush-era "Big Lie" tactic to whitewash all of that evidence into insignificance, and it is outrageous.

As I have said elsewhere, I think that SlimVirgin and her cabal are far more damaging to the neutrality and reliablity of (some parts) of Wikipedia's content, and more toxic to its community than any number of Poetlisters. Indeed, I may be one of the only people who is not overly bothered by Poetgate. The controlling entity did very little or no damage to Wikipedia, other than further tarnish the veneer of trust than coats its backstabbing community. The most challenging crime is the use of real people's photos in pursuit of his weird head-games. That we were all duped -- well, shame on us. It's not really a crime to mislead the gullible. Let's just not be misled by SlimVirgin's act.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(gomi @ Tue 9th September 2008, 9:38am) *

Most amazingly, she addressed us directly:
I also ask that the people who post on Wikipedia Review start asking for solid diffs when someone is being regularly attacked there, then read them and the context carefully. Ditto with Cla68's evidence on the ArbCom page.

This is remarkable in its arrogance. The SlimVirgin file here is absolutely chock-full of detailed, linked evidence of her mis-deeds, as is Cla68's evidence. This statement is a triumphant use of the Bush-era "Big Lie" tactic to whitewash all of that evidence into insignificance, and it is outrageous.

To say the least. Cla68's number of diffs detailing SV's nastiness is so detailed that MEGO, as in tl;dr. Which apparently most of the people who saw it did not. I did read a lot of those diffs, and Slim really is nasty. She may be able to write, but she is the sort of person who should NEVER be given any sort of power in any project.

If you're going to take over WP, you have to have a bunch of cultivated socks who appear to be youngish females (thus suseptible to victimization if the need arrises), and who will attract the protective instincts of the admins in the sisterhood.

Then keep your head down and edit, edit, for awhile. If you can't write, do reversions like the Naked Nubile Norwegian. Make lists, make biographies. Especially biographies of Jews, ala RachelBrown and Arniep/Jorge and Mantanmoreland and so on. That will win you friends. Express pro-zionist opinions a lot, like Chip Berlet. Ditto.

[I actually wondered at some point if our Jorge wasn't a Gary Weiss sock, come to tweak us on WR with a real Mantan pic. But their edit histories aren't greatly concordant given their mutual interest in film and bio. So nevermind]

Note: you may be a compusive listmaker, and that will help you on WP, which is basically a bunch of lists. But stay away specifically from lists of Jews, or else you will trigger the paranoic immune response of the Kabal, who will figure you're making up lists for future termination in the coming death camps. That's what got the PoetBeast crossed with the Slimbeast, else both of them might have ended up as good friends, eventually, having really both about the same range of interests. But if you cross Slim or Jayjg you will be checkusered relentlessly, and that was the beginning of the end for Poetbeast, good backstories or not.

And then Poetbeast, partly banniated from WP, had to come over to WR. Where the thing appears to have been Guy, Poetlister, Yehudi, Taxwoman, and LamontStormstar. Did I forget anybody? All the same MB guy, 51 year-old statistician and transvestite wannabe, originally from Ilford.

Now, in the distressing and heart-rending Taxwoman PMs to JohnA, there recurs this backstory, which is good enough for a Dickens novel if not true, which we've been hearing in the RachelBrown defences on WR and WP now for 3 years and more. Guy is this mellow older guy who has known Rachel Brown's father for 15 years and goes to the same church, which is doubtless a Methodist one, and this person is Londoneye's uncle, which would make Londoneye and Rachel Brown first cousins (right?). And Taxwoman personally knows Poetlister, who is female and recently wed, and has been driven to drink by this whole thing. (Cato on WQ too, one would imagine (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) ).

Baxter is not particularly a Jewish name (the PoetBeast has edited on the Baxter article under 3 socknames), and I wonder how much of the Methodism in the backstory comes from something in the MB reallife, however much he's obscessed with making lists and biograhies of Jews.

Thoughts, anybody? My mind continues to boggle at how vociferously our own "Verbal" Kint denies knowing anything about Keyser Söze, even though we've rounded up the usual suspects and nailed them three ways from Sunday.

In a previous message I noted that robbery and homicide detectives, who interview crooks for a living, call these pathological liars "shitters". And even though cops are permitted to lie to suspects in interviews, and do, their motto is "You can outshoot a shooter, but you can't outshit a shitter." And I can see the point.

This post has been edited by Milton Roe:
+Quote Post
Kelly Martin

Bring back the guttersnipes!

Member No.: 6,696

The main problem with SlimVirgin's version of events is that it's cast in the light of "How can this incident be used to strengthen my own position here". The lensing is severe and there are places where Slim grossly misinterprets events that have little or nothing to do with her particularly as being grave slights against her. If you can read through that cast, though, it's not a bad representation.
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

Just don't feel slighted
If the diffs you indited
Are wikiwiki out-whited
Like a virgin o'ersighted
In th' dark o'th' night [ed.]

+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Tue 9th September 2008, 12:32pm) *

Just don't feel slighted
If the diffs you indited
Are wikiwiki out-whited
Like a virgin o'ersighted
In th' dark o'th' night [ed.]

You are herewith on this basis prohibited from criticizing Moulton's posts, ever again.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Tue 9th September 2008, 12:20pm) *

The main problem with SlimVirgin's version of events is that it's cast in the light of "How can this incident be used to strengthen my own position here". The lensing is severe and there are places where Slim grossly misinterprets events that have little or nothing to do with her particularly as being grave slights against her. If you can read through that cast, though, it's not a bad representation.

Yes, if you can hold your nose occassionally:

QUOTE(SlimVirgin)
The situation continued until very recently. For example, one of them posted a few days ago how it was clear I had been agitating against Everyking's recent RfA, though I didn't vote in it. There isn't a scintilla of truth in this. I didn't care about the RfA, didn't even look at it until it was almost over, and didn't discuss it with a single soul. But no matter. SlimVirgin is evil, and a bad thing happened. Ergo, SlimVirgin is responsible for it. So it is with the overwhelming majority of their claims about me.

We noted here the moment the Everyking RfA closed that Slim didn't vote, and now we know why: she's saying it was because she didn't even care enough to. But she cared enough to make some rather strong metaphoric arguments about Everyking's unforgivably bad behavior in the comments section of that review. Which means she cared a lot. So that's deception on her part. And typical of the kind she does. Do you need the diffs?

Yes, do read the OTHER Cla68 diffs. Slim can pretend that they are all somehow related to her epic fight with the Poetbeast monster. But they aren't. Most of them are just her, stepping on ordinary unrelated people, just because she can.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/w...dence#The_issue

Slim, we've all be had by the Poetbeast. But this detracts from your own basic viciousness and lack of honesty not one whit. It's even a shame inasmuch as it provides you with another tool for claiming that you need to be nasty in the name of fighting monsters. You don't. For example, Alison was physically stalked due to her WP activities in a way you can only imagine, but no nastiness do we see, either before or since.

Our opinion is not just because she once posted here. Actually, it's because she's not nasty, and you are.

Sorry. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
tarantino

the Dude abides

QUOTE(gomi @ Tue 9th September 2008, 4:38pm) *

The controlling entity did very little or no damage to Wikipedia, other than further tarnish the veneer of trust than coats its backstabbing community. The most challenging crime is the use of real people's photos in pursuit of his weird head-games. That we were all duped -- well, shame on us. It's not really a crime to mislead the gullible. Let's just not be misled by SlimVirgin's act.

I see it in the opposite, as you know. That the content of the so-called Encyclopedia was relatively undamaged is of little concern to me, likewise it's continued existence. There are real people that have expressed pain because of his actions. When he was accused multiple times, instead of admitting it, he turned and accused the accusers, some of which use their real names. Then he continued on his merry way. That is unethical and should be unacceptable.

Though I argued a long time against his public exposure, it is becoming more clear that nothing would have changed without it. I feel sorry for the effect that this may have on him or his family but he is solely responsible for it.
+Quote Post
dtobias

Obsessive trolling idiot [per JzG]

Member No.: 962

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 9th September 2008, 4:15pm) *

Slim, we've all be had by the Poetbeast. But this detracts from your own basic visciousness and lack of honesty not one whit.

How does one go about measuring her viscosity?
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(dtobias @ Tue 9th September 2008, 2:41pm) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 9th September 2008, 4:15pm) *

Slim, we've all be had by the Poetbeast. But this detracts from your own basic visciousness and lack of honesty not one whit.

How does one go about measuring her viscosity?

Wups, good one. She is viscous, too, in a sort of slimey sap way (the word comes from a sort of glue from a sort of sap). Measurement by how much you budge her out of her control of wikipedia with any amount of force. Units in centiPoetlisters.

I can only assume she slept with Jimbo at some point. Nothing else explains the tenacity with which the organization holds onto her, and the impossiblity of doing anything about it.
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 9th September 2008, 12:06pm) *
And then Poetbeast, partly banniated from WP, had to come over to WR. Where the thing appears to have been Guy, Poetlister, Yehudi, Taxwoman, and LamontStormstar. Did I forget anybody? All the same MB guy, 51 year-old statistician and transvestite wannabe, originally from Ilford.

Whoa - waitaminute!! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif)

LamontStormstar was also PoetGuy?? Is there evidence/links for that, because if that was the case, that makes a whole lot of sense to me. Because that guy had a creepy fascination with the whole idea of "female-born checkusers" and repeated that phrase a lot. I thought it was a bit wacked at the time (and wrong on a number of levels. Poor FloNight, just for starters (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) ) but I kinda let the matter slide.

In retrospect, that makes a lot more sense.
+Quote Post
wikiwhistle

Postmaster

QUOTE(Alison @ Wed 10th September 2008, 1:08am) *

LamontStormstar was also PoetGuy?? Is there evidence/links for that, because if that was the case, that makes a whole lot of sense to me. Because that guy had a creepy fascination with the whole idea of "female-born checkusers" and repeated that phrase a lot. I thought it was a bit wacked at the time (and wrong on a number of levels. Poor FloNight, just for starters (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) )

Eh? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wacko.gif) You don't mean we really have no female-born arbs at all, do you? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wacko.gif) Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick lol
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Alison @ Tue 9th September 2008, 5:08pm) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 9th September 2008, 12:06pm) *

Whoa - waitaminute!! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif)

LamontStormstar was also PoetGuy?? Is there evidence/links for that, because if that was the case, that makes a whole lot of sense to me. Because that guy had a creepy fascination with the whole idea of "female-born checkusers" and repeated that phrase a lot. I thought it was a bit wacked at the time (and wrong on a number of levels. Poor FloNight, just for starters (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) ) but I kinda let the matter slide.

In retrospect, that makes a lot more sense.

It's simply my assumption on the basis of Lamont's showy avatar, which is Lumberg, the handsome but empty and barking-mad fashion-conscious boss of a crazy IT company, in the film Office Space. He manages cubical workers and is something like the Dilbert Pointy-haired boss. The coffee cup and suspenders and shirtcollars are his props.

Lamont has been extremely scarce lately (no posts since July 7 even though he had thousands before that), and in fact seems to have departed along with the rest of the PoetBeast. We've invited him to show up and identify himself somehow as not being from London, and I think I'm going to PM him.

In the film, BTW, this character's identity is confused with another guy of the same name, and in the end he dies in a company fire, along with a lot of records of misdeeds.

+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Tue 9th September 2008, 5:48pm) *

LamontStormstar was also PoetGuy?? Is there evidence/links for that, because if that was the case, that makes a whole lot of sense to me. Because that guy had a creepy fascination with the whole idea of "female-born checkusers" and repeated that phrase a lot. I thought it was a bit wacked at the time (and wrong on a number of levels. Poor FloNight, just for starters (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) )

Eh? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wacko.gif) You don't mean we really have no female-born arbs at all, do you? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wacko.gif) Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick lol

lol - noooo!!! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) I was just saying that Lamont never considered FloNight to be a checkuser, for some reason. She is. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

EDIT: Examples here and here and here.

PoetGuy?? Possible ....

This post has been edited by Alison:
+Quote Post
wikiwhistle

Postmaster

QUOTE(Alison @ Wed 10th September 2008, 1:54am) *

QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Tue 9th September 2008, 5:48pm) *

lol - noooo!!! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) I was just saying that Lamont never considered FloNight to be a checkuser, for some reason. She is. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

Rofl! Sorry Flonight- I know you are a perfectly feminine looking woman, I was just confused, no offence meant. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Proabivouac

Bane of all wikiland

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Tue 9th September 2008, 9:51pm) *

I can only assume she slept with Jimbo at some point. Nothing else explains the tenacity with which the organization holds onto her, and the impossiblity of doing anything about it.

{citation needed}

This post has been edited by Proabivouac:
+Quote Post
Castle Rock

Member No.: 3,051

Lamont is not a member of the PoetSwarm, seriously did he sound anything like any of them.

He had a "creepy fascination" with the whole idea of "female-born checkusers" because he had a "creepy fascination" with Rebecca/Ambi. Check the history of the ED article for example.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)