FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Only on Wikipedia -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> General Discussion? What's that all about?

This subforum is for general discussion of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. For a glossary of terms frequently used in such discussions, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary. For a glossary of musical terms, see here. Other useful links:

Akahele.orgWikipedia-WatchWikitruthWP:ANWikiEN-L/Foundation-L (mailing lists) • Citizendium forums

> Only on Wikipedia, Squish mitten?
tarantino

the Dude abides

Group: Regulars

Where else would you find entries such as these and these (some which have been in place for years) being discussed for their encyclopedic validity?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
EricBarbour

blah

This page has been deleted. The deletion log for the page is provided below for reference.
* 21:35, 8 January 2009 Prodego (Talk | contribs) deleted "A Piano for Mrs. Cuntcrack" ‎ (R3: Recently-created, implausible redirect)
* 09:22, 7 June 2008 Oxymoron83 (Talk | contribs) deleted "A Piano for Mrs. Cuntcrack" ‎ (Speedy deleted per (CSD R3), was a redirect based on an implausible typo.)

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) What idiocy. I predict that Mrs. Cuntcrack will return.

So, is that what Krimpet is up to? Killing off stupid synonyms for "vagina"?
Is it because she's unhappy that she wasn't born with one?......
(kidding, kidding)
+Quote Post
lolwut

Photobucket staff are Marxists.

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 8th January 2009, 11:57pm) *

This page has been deleted. The deletion log for the page is provided below for reference.
* 21:35, 8 January 2009 Prodego (Talk | contribs) deleted "A Piano for Mrs. Cuntcrack" ‎ (R3: Recently-created, implausible redirect)
* 09:22, 7 June 2008 Oxymoron83 (Talk | contribs) deleted "A Piano for Mrs. Cuntcrack" ‎ (Speedy deleted per (CSD R3), was a redirect based on an implausible typo.)

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) What idiocy. I predict that Mrs. Cuntcrack will return.

So, is that what Krimpet is up to? Killing off stupid synonyms for "vagina"?
Is it because she's unhappy that she wasn't born with one?......
(kidding, kidding)

It must be extremely difficult for transsexuals; I understand that. But I can't personally relate to why one would have a strong desire to change sex. Iit's not something that... you know. I just don't get it at all. If you're born XY, you'll always be XY. There's no point in having a 'sex change' if you'll always be genetically male.
+Quote Post
One

Postmaster General

Group: Contributors

How strange, I was just about to cite a recent straight dope column myself in response to this:
QUOTE(lolwut @ Sat 10th January 2009, 4:12am) *

It must be extremely difficult for transsexuals; I understand that. But I can't personally relate to why one would have a strong desire to change sex. Iit's not something that... you know. I just don't get it at all. If you're born XY, you'll always be XY. There's no point in having a 'sex change' if you'll always be genetically male.

A small but non-zero number of humans are born genetically male, but developed female.
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2782/switch-hitter

See also this Time article about the woman mentioned.
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

QUOTE(One @ Sat 10th January 2009, 7:54pm) *

How strange, I was just about to cite a recent straight dope column myself in response to this:
QUOTE(lolwut @ Sat 10th January 2009, 4:12am) *

A small but non-zero number of humans are born genetically male, but developed female.
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2782/switch-hitter

See also this Time article about the woman mentioned.

Intersex conditions are shockingly waaay more prevalent than people are aware of; somewhere between 1 in 500 - 1 in 2,000 live births can be classified so. Obviously, it's only in relatively recent times that women with CAIS, for example, could be diagnosed at all. Before decent karyotyping, they were just women with fertility problems and not XY persons with a genetic insensitivity to androgens. We just didn't know it and neither did they. There are plenty of folks roaming about with dodgy karyotypes - we meet them all the time - but we (and largely, they) don't know it.

As for XY, versus, XX - how about 47XXY (Klinefelter Syndrome), 48XXYY, 49XXXXY, 47XXX, 47XYY, 45X (Turner Syndrome), 49XXXXX, 48XXXX ... and so on. These are all the 23rd pair sex chromosome related anomalies. There are also other chromosomes that can cause problems and there also are instances of other non-monosomy/trisomy conditions like Swyer Syndrome which can produce XY females. There are also cases of XX males (de la Chapelle syndrome) , too, who are genetically female.

Then there are people who are 'immune' to male hormones, to varying degrees. There are also dizygotic mosaical 'persons'; basically twins with a single body. They can be both XX and XY, depending on where you take your tissue samples from (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif) This is extremely rare. Check out this fascinating picture of Blaschko lines in a mosaic individual. This basically shows the patterns of cell migration during fetal development and both sets of cells are showing up as 'streaks'.

Confused yet? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wacko.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)