FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Topic ban for "Youreallycan -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This forum is for discussing specific Wikipedia editors, editing patterns, and general efforts by those editors to influence or direct content in ways that might not be in keeping with Wikipedia policy. Please source your claims and provide links where appropriate. For a glossary of terms frequently used when discussing Wikipedia and related projects, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary.

> Topic ban for "Youreallycan
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

I really don't quite follow what's going on here
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...x_Off2riorob.29

Who are the goodies and who are the baddies? The subject of the proposed ban is against LGBT so that makes him very bad. On the other hand he opposes BLP violations, which makes him a saint (see below)

I did find to my interest that there is a whole category of Santorum images on Commons http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category...-related_images

Some background for those who have not followed the loooong proceedings: A politician (Santorum) expressed absurd views regarding homosexuality; an LGBT activist attacked Santorum by associating his name with anal leakage; activists at Wikipedia amplified that attack by inserting mentions of it in multiple pages; a bunch of editors want to retain the essence of the attacks because it's verifiable/notable/exciting/free-speech. A very small number of editors like Youreallycan oppose the use of Wikipedia to link to attack sites (there's probably a large number of such editors, but they don't want to spend time in such a circus). The community should support editors who oppose BLP violations, even when the target is obnoxious. Johnuniq (talk) 01:11, 19 February 2012 (UTC)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
SB_Johnny

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

Group: Regulars

[ Runaway tangent about Silver Seren moved elsewhere ]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)