The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This subforum is for critical evaluation of Wikipedia articles. However, to reduce topic-bloat, please make note of exceptionally poor stubs, lists, and other less attention-worthy material in the Miscellaneous Grab Bag thread. Also, please be aware that agents of the Wikimedia Foundation might use your evaluations to improve the articles in question.

Useful Links: Featured Article CandidatesFeatured Article ReviewArticles for DeletionDeletion Review

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Legoland Miniland Washington DC, You know this is not going to be deleted
Ottava
post Thu 29th November 2012, 2:21pm
Post #21

Über Pokemon

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 7,328

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Tarc. I think this is a case of "troll is a troll". Blarg.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Retrospect
post Fri 30th November 2012, 6:58pm
Post #22

Londoner born and bred

Member No.: 71,989

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Tarc @ Thu 29th November 2012, 2:06pm) *

Really? So when I go to "the other Wikipedia criticism website", click the now-banned "Retrospect" account and see posts like;

{Garbage}

You claim that is not you?

197: total posts
73: posts containing "bloody"
23: posts containing "ruddy"
7: both

What a shithead laugh.gif Obviously an impersonator. Could you imagine I'd write crap like that? You've been well and truly taken for a ride.
+Quote Post
Tarc
post Fri 30th November 2012, 7:29pm
Post #23

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 5,309

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Fri 30th November 2012, 1:58pm) *

QUOTE(Tarc @ Thu 29th November 2012, 2:06pm) *

Really? So when I go to "the other Wikipedia criticism website", click the now-banned "Retrospect" account and see posts like;

{Garbage}

You claim that is not you?

197: total posts
73: posts containing "bloody"
23: posts containing "ruddy"
7: both

What a shithead laugh.gif Obviously an impersonator. Could you imagine I'd write crap like that? You've been well and truly taken for a ride.

You're not even remotely important enough to impersonate, son.

Keep squirming a little more though, this is just what Joe/VoC used to do when he went on his "that wasn't my sock!" bender, and that was HIGHLY entertaining.
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Fri 30th November 2012, 7:30pm
Post #24

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Tarc @ Fri 30th November 2012, 2:29pm) *

Keep squirming a little more though, this is just what Joe/VoC used to do when he went on his "that wasn't my sock!" bender, and that was HIGHLY entertaining.

Apparently, it is an impersonator of an individual said to be from England using an English IP. This Retrospect could have a point, because he is clearly not a resident of England, or anywhere in the UK.
+Quote Post
Tarc
post Fri 30th November 2012, 8:24pm
Post #25

Fat Cat

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 30th November 2012, 2:30pm) *

QUOTE(Tarc @ Fri 30th November 2012, 2:29pm) *

Apparently, it is an impersonator of an individual said to be from England using an English IP. This Retrospect could have a point, because he is clearly not a resident of England, or anywhere in the UK.

8 months and 200 posts is a bit long for even the most depraved mind to carry on such a charade.
+Quote Post
Retrospect
post Sat 1st December 2012, 9:32am
Post #26

Londoner born and bred

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Tarc @ Fri 30th November 2012, 7:29pm) *

You're not even remotely important enough to impersonate, son.

Tell that to whatever shithead is impersonating me.

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 30th November 2012, 7:30pm) *
This Retrospect could have a point, because he is clearly not a resident of England, or anywhere in the UK.

Says that great expert on Samuel Coleridge-Taylor and all things English. laugh.gif

QUOTE(Tarc @ Fri 30th November 2012, 8:24pm) *

8 months and 200 posts is a bit long for even the most depraved mind to carry on such a charade.

I sort of respect your opinion as you have the second most depraved mind.
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Sat 1st December 2012, 4:51pm
Post #27

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Sat 1st December 2012, 4:32am) *

Says that great expert on Samuel Coleridge-Taylor and all things English.

Who?

Do you mean Samuel Taylor Coleridge by chance? More proof that you aren't actually British.
+Quote Post
Eppur si muove
post Sun 2nd December 2012, 4:07am
Post #28

Member No.: 9,171

QUOTE(Ottava @ Sat 1st December 2012, 4:51pm) *

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Sat 1st December 2012, 4:32am) *

Says that great expert on Samuel Coleridge-Taylor and all things English.

Who?

What? You've never heard of the "African Mahler"?
+Quote Post
Retrospect
post Sun 2nd December 2012, 9:14am
Post #29

Londoner born and bred

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Look, Ottava's a plonker, a complete prat. I laid the easiest of elephant traps for him, and he charged straight in. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Sun 2nd December 2012, 2:09pm
Post #30

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Sun 2nd December 2012, 4:14am) *

Look, Ottava's a plonker, a complete prat. I laid the easiest of elephant traps for him, and he charged straight in. laugh.gif

By that, you mean that you couldn't even get a simple name right because you are most likely from some third world country that may or may not have once been a British port before they went onto a legitimate colony and your knowledge of English (as a language, piss poor, and as a culture, even worse) is insufficient for any conversation.

Eppur

You've never heard of the "African Mahler"?

The statement was about me being an expert on an individual. I am one on Samuel Taylor Coleridge. He couldn't get the individuals straight. He can get very little straight. It is rather embarrassing.

This post has been edited by Ottava: Sun 2nd December 2012, 2:12pm
+Quote Post
Retrospect
post Sun 2nd December 2012, 2:31pm
Post #31

Londoner born and bred

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Sun 2nd December 2012, 2:09pm) *

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Sun 2nd December 2012, 4:14am) *

By that, you mean that you couldn't even get a simple name right because you are most likely from some third world country that may or may not have once been a British port before they went onto a legitimate colony and your knowledge of English (as a language, piss poor, and as a culture, even worse) is insufficient for any conversation.

Eppur

You've never heard of the "African Mahler"?

The statement was about me being an expert on an individual. I am one on Samuel Taylor Coleridge. He couldn't get the individuals straight. He can get very little straight. It is rather embarrassing.

Look, when you've fallen into an elephant trap, digging the bottom of the hole won't get you out

You claimed "I know far more about the UK than you ever will", even though you know shit about the UK. So in reply, I deliberately chose the name of a famous British composer knowing that you're so bloody ignorant about all matters British that you'd never have heard of him and just muddled him up with someone you had heard of who had a similar name.

What's doubly embarrassing for you is that this year was the centenary of Coleridge-Taylor's death so there has been a ruddy mountain of stuff about him.

The only thing embarrassing here is your pathetic attempt to pretend that you weren't comprehensively outed as a total shithead.

This post has been edited by Retrospect: Sun 2nd December 2012, 2:35pm
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Sun 2nd December 2012, 5:51pm
Post #32

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Sun 2nd December 2012, 9:31am) *

Look, when you've fallen into an elephant trap, digging the bottom of the hole won't get you out

That is the strangest admittance of you not being able to differentiate between the person I am an expert on and someone else, yet every Brit would have been able to.

Let me guess, you are from Nigeria? Because you are just as honest as this Nigerian prince fellow that contacted me a while back.

that you'd never have heard of him and just muddled him up with someone you had heard

No one buys that because they all know that I am a Romanticist. You have even referred to my dissertation, which everyone knows heavily discusses Coleridge. You screwed up in your attempt to make a reference to me. It wouldn't have been a coincidence that you were referring to me as an expert and then happening to almost mention one of a few people that I am well known to be an expert in. But you botched it.

This post has been edited by Ottava: Sun 2nd December 2012, 5:53pm
+Quote Post
Retrospect
post Mon 3rd December 2012, 12:29pm
Post #33

Londoner born and bred

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Wed 28th November 2012, 3:11pm) *

I know far more about the UK than you ever will.

QUOTE(Ottava @ Sun 2nd December 2012, 5:51pm) *

That is the strangest admittance of you not being able to differentiate between the person I am an expert on and someone else, yet every Brit would have been able to.

Let's get this straight. You claim to know far more about the UK than I ever will. Not just one person, but the UK. Yet you claim never to have heard of one of Britain's most celebrated composers. Surely even a shithead realises the contradiction. So, why haven't you heard of him?
QUOTE(Retrospect @ Sun 2nd December 2012, 2:31pm) *

someone you had heard of who had a similar name.

See, I'm not denying you've heard of Samuel Taylor Coleridge, am I? That's explicitly why I chose him. I knew you know absolutely nothing at all about the United Kingdom beyond a handful of pre-Victorian poets so when I mentioned a famous British person, who created "Kubla Khan", who had a similar name, you'd show your total bloody ignorance of all matters British by assuming I'd made a mistake.
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Mon 3rd December 2012, 3:03pm
Post #34

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Mon 3rd December 2012, 7:29am) *

Yet you claim never to have heard of one of Britain's most celebrated composers.

He isn't one of Britain's most celebrated composers, but you were trying to claim someone I was an expert in and got it wrong because you don't know the difference between the two.

That is the problem. You didn't realize your mistake until the link was put up. Then you went nuts trying to come up with some way to try and hide it. You failed. Pretty bad.
+Quote Post
Retrospect
post Mon 3rd December 2012, 9:29pm
Post #35

Londoner born and bred

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Mon 3rd December 2012, 3:03pm) *

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Mon 3rd December 2012, 7:29am) *

Yet you claim never to have heard of one of Britain's most celebrated composers.

He isn't one of Britain's most celebrated composers

Total bollocks. As Eppur si muove points out, he's so highly regarded he's known as the African Mahler. You've proved beyond doubt that you know shit about Britain.

, but you were trying to claim someone I was an expert in and got it wrong because you don't know the difference between the two.

You were comprehensively fooled and you're too bloody embarrassed to admit it. No amount of prevarication on your part can hide that.

And the fact remains, you pretended that "I know far more about the UK than you ever will", yet you've proved that you know shit about British composers. Will you now withdraw your stupid claim?
+Quote Post
Ottava
post Mon 3rd December 2012, 9:53pm
Post #36

Über Pokemon

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Mon 3rd December 2012, 4:29pm) *

Total bollocks. As Eppur si muove points out, he's so highly regarded he's known as the African Mahler.

Having a nickname doesn't make him special. Furthermore, "African Mahler"? Really? You might as well say "dark person who we will never truly consider English because we referred to the Irish by the n word for such a long time that a real African has no place here."

So, you are racist, without background in history, definitely not British AND you confused Coleridge with someone else.

I think you have accomplished your check list of troll characteristics. You can stop now.

You were comprehensively fooled

Hilarious. You attribute an expertise to me that was the wrong person. I corrected you because you were too ignorant to know better. Then you spew feces all over the place. You are a complete joke.

This post has been edited by Ottava: Mon 3rd December 2012, 9:54pm
+Quote Post
The Joy
post Mon 3rd December 2012, 10:33pm
Post #37

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Group: Members
Member No.: 982

Never before in the history of Wikipedia Review have so many threads been derailed by so few. sick.gif dry.gif hrmph.gif
+Quote Post
Eppur si muove
post Mon 3rd December 2012, 11:13pm
Post #38

Member No.: 9,171

QUOTE(The Joy @ Mon 3rd December 2012, 10:33pm) *

Never before in the history of Wikipedia Review have so many threads been derailed by so few. sick.gif dry.gif hrmph.gif

ISTR that a little while ago Ottava was accusing Retrospect of being a troll. Now that Retrospect is boasting about a succesful piece of trolling, Ottava has forgotten that. At least he didn't take up the point about Kubla Khan. As well as the famous STC poem, there is a musical work by SC-T with that name. Meanwhile, I'm listening to a second piece of STC on the radio and can confirm that he doesn't sound very much like Mahler to me.

Later: Now I'm getting confused. I was listening to something by SC-T on youtube... If it were, STC, I wouldn't expect it to soudn like Mahler.

This post has been edited by Eppur si muove: Tue 4th December 2012, 10:59pm
+Quote Post
Retrospect
post Tue 4th December 2012, 12:33pm
Post #39

Londoner born and bred

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Ottava @ Mon 3rd December 2012, 9:53pm) *

So, you are racist

And acording to you I'm a Nigerian so if I'm a racist I'm proud that there's a notable black composer, right?

And can you please answer the bloody question: if as you allege you know far more about the UK than I do, how come you haven't heard of Samuel Coleridge-Taylor?

QUOTE(The Joy @ Mon 3rd December 2012, 10:33pm) *

Never before in the history of Wikipedia Review have so many threads been derailed by so few.

Yep, you're right, and the sooner Selina notices and makes you a steward so you can shit-hole Ottava, the sooner the place will improve.

QUOTE(Eppur si muove @ Mon 3rd December 2012, 11:13pm) *

At least he didn't take up the point about Kubla Khan. As well as the famous STC poem, there is a musical work by SC-T with that name.

You've bloody spoilt it now; I was going to trip him up on that next.

Meanwhile, I'm listening to a second piece of STC on the radio and can confirm that he doesn't sound very much like Mahler to me.

I don't think Lumbye sounds like Strauss, but they call him the Danish Strauss.
+Quote Post
Tarc
post Tue 4th December 2012, 4:59pm
Post #40

Fat Cat

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Tue 4th December 2012, 7:33am) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Mon 3rd December 2012, 9:53pm) *

So, you are racist

And acording to you I'm a Nigerian so if I'm a racist I'm proud that there's a notable black composer, right?

Maybe you're just a nigger.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd 3 17, 4:17am