FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Note to Contributors -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Note to Contributors, About linking to WR from Wikipedia pages
Rating  5
Blu Aardvark

Gone

Group: On Vacation

I've noticed, on multiple occasions, links appearing to this site in Wikipedia articles that really, they don't belong in. Myself, I do believe that the forum should be linked from Criticism_of_Wikipedia (T-H-L-K-D),but only because I feel it enhances the article.

One thing I would like to state is that we do not need Wikipedia to advertise for us. We do not need to be linkspamming Wikipedia, or indeed, any MediaWiki projects with links to this forum. If we are going to depend on Wikipedia in even this, then we have failed. So please, don't edit war over articles that the Cabal has censored (ie, Criticism_of_Wikipedia (T-H-L-K-D) and Wikipedia (T-H-L-K-D)), and please don't add links to this board from places they don't belong.

We're here to criticize Wikipedia... we shouldn't be depending on their servers for increased traffic.

P.S. Sorry, I removed the double-bracket shortcut. It just doesn't work, or it works when people don't want it to. I'll have to see about creating a custom BBCode.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
blissyu2

the wookie

Group: On Vacation
Member No.: 5

It is true that links to this forum belong in some articles, such as the Daniel Brandt article, the Seigenthaler controversy article, and so forth. They also belong in criticisms of Wikipedia.

If you are going to advertise on Wikipedia, I think that the best and most reasonable way to do this is on talk pages. In article talk pages, where appropriate, and in user talk pages for someone who you think may be interested.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)