FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Ryulong might be going to arbitration -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Ryulong might be going to arbitration
LamontStormstar

Postmaster

Group: Regulars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...tration#Ryulong

Ryulong might be going to arbitration
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Fri 20th March 2009, 7:50pm) *

Another Kabbalist with a Kount of 33, and an awesome 268 shared mainspace articles with Jayjg. A particularly nasty piece of work.

Here's the 33 articles edited with Jayjg, Jpgordon, and SlimVirgin. Notice any theme? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

#1 Yasser_Arafat - edited by 4 of 4 users
#2 World_War_I - edited by 4 of 4 users
#3 Wikipedia - edited by 4 of 4 users
#4 The_Holocaust - edited by 4 of 4 users
#5 Terrorism - edited by 4 of 4 users
#6 Taliban - edited by 4 of 4 users
#7 Steven_Spielberg - edited by 4 of 4 users
#8 September_11_attacks - edited by 4 of 4 users
#9 Self-hating_Jew - edited by 4 of 4 users
#10 Saddam_Hussein - edited by 4 of 4 users
#11 Racism - edited by 4 of 4 users
#12 Osama_bin_Laden - edited by 4 of 4 users
#13 Nazism - edited by 4 of 4 users
#14 Nazi_Germany - edited by 4 of 4 users
#15 Mein_Kampf - edited by 4 of 4 users
#16 List_of_designated_terrorist_organizations - edited by 4 of 4 users
#17 Lebanon - edited by 4 of 4 users
#18 Judaism - edited by 4 of 4 users
#19 Jew_Watch - edited by 4 of 4 users
#20 Jew - edited by 4 of 4 users
#21 Jerusalem - edited by 4 of 4 users
#22 Holocaust_denial - edited by 4 of 4 users
#23 Hobo - edited by 4 of 4 users
#24 Grigori_Rasputin - edited by 4 of 4 users
#25 God - edited by 4 of 4 users
#26 Christianity - edited by 4 of 4 users
#27 British_National_Party - edited by 4 of 4 users
#28 Berlin_Wall - edited by 4 of 4 users
#29 Arnold_Schwarzenegger - edited by 4 of 4 users
#30 Antisemitism - edited by 4 of 4 users
#31 American_Jews - edited by 4 of 4 users
#32 Al-Qaeda - edited by 4 of 4 users
#33 Adolf_Hitler - edited by 4 of 4 users

+Quote Post
LamontStormstar

Postmaster

I remember another thread here they found Crum375 was this Jewish person who came from Israel, did WTC or whatever, and now is tag-team controlling all these articles related to Israel.

This post has been edited by LamontStormstar:
+Quote Post
Son of a Yeti

High altitude member

Member No.: 8,704

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Fri 20th March 2009, 8:27pm) *

Here's the 33 articles edited with Jayjg, Jpgordon, and SlimVirgin. Notice any theme? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

If they weren't admins and cabal members they would be all banned long ago as each other's socks.
+Quote Post
written by he who wrote it

Commie Mutant Traitor

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sat 21st March 2009, 3:27am) *

Another Kabbalist with a Kount of 33, and an awesome 268 shared mainspace articles with Jayjg. A particularly nasty piece of work.

[snip]

All his edits to these article that I examined were either vandalism reverts or otherwise minor and uncontroversial (e.g. category sorting). He has only 6 talk pages in common with the big three, and half of them (Talk:Wikipedia, Talk:Main Page, and Talk:September_11_attacks) are too high-profile to be significant. I think this is a false positive stemming from Ryulong's vandal patrolling: his main area of interest, where he actually does substantive editing, would seem to be the Power Rangers and similar garbage.
+Quote Post
LessHorrid vanU

Devils Advocaat

You are listing them in reverse alphabetical order? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
CharlotteWebb

Postmaster General

QUOTE(LessHorrid vanU @ Sat 21st March 2009, 10:57pm) *

You are listing them in reverse alphabetical order? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)

Probably intended as a form of satanic back-masking.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(written by he who wrote it @ Sat 21st March 2009, 5:12am) *

[snip]

All his edits to these article that I examined were either vandalism reverts or otherwise minor and uncontroversial (e.g. category sorting). He has only 6 talk pages in common with the big three, and half of them (Talk:Wikipedia, Talk:Main Page, and Talk:September_11_attacks) are too high-profile to be significant. I think this is a false positive stemming from Ryulong's vandal patrolling: his main area of interest, where he actually does substantive editing, would seem to be the Power Rangers and similar garbage.

Interesting. Thanks for checking. We've seen some "false positives" before due to Huggle and people who edit everywhere. This is the first I've seen for somebody who did manual reversions. If not with Huggle, the question is why do they have these particular articles in their watchlist anyway?

QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Sat 21st March 2009, 4:28pm) *

QUOTE(LessHorrid vanU @ Sat 21st March 2009, 10:57pm) *

Probably intended as a form of satanic back-masking.

No, they just come out of the Wikistalk common-articles-edited tool that way (reverse alphabetized). Don't ask me why.

http://toolserver.org/~bjweeks/cgi-bin/wikistalk.py
+Quote Post
Sarcasticidealist

Head exploded.

Member No.: 4,536

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 22nd March 2009, 1:00am) *
Interesting. Thanks for checking. We've seen some "false positives" before due to Huggle and people who edit everywhere. This is the first I've seen for somebody who did manual reversions. If not with Huggle, the question is why do they have these particular articles in their watchlist anyway?
Could be recent change patrolling.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Sat 21st March 2009, 9:39pm) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 22nd March 2009, 1:00am) *

No, for I did Ryulong's Kabbal Kount before Huggle got going. This is not the first time.
+Quote Post
Obesity

I taste as good as skinny feels.

Member No.: 6,909

Ryulong is an unfathomably rotten prick and is among the bottom of the barrel, as far as administrator temperament and professionalism are concerned.

Also, he's really into..... Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. For some reason, that a purported college student is consumed by the brave deeds of the white ranger in 13th season is just.... creepy.

Anyway, note Ryulong's hilariously reasoned reaction when a wiki-peon has the temerity to nominate one of his beloved Power Rangers articles for deletion.

Speaking of creepy administrators, even FT2 agrees with me that this guy is no good. Check out the IRC log that FT2 links to on his user page. I miss that Videmus Omnia character....

This post has been edited by Obesity:
+Quote Post
Sarcasticidealist

Head exploded.

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 22nd March 2009, 1:55am) *

No, for I did Ryulong's Kabbal Kount before Huggle got going. This is not the first time.
I think you misunderstood me; I'm not talking about Huggle.
+Quote Post
victim of censorship

Not all thugs are Wikipediots, but all Wikipediots are thugs.

Member No.: 9,640

QUOTE(Obesity @ Sun 22nd March 2009, 3:14pm) *

Ryulong is an unfathomably rotten prick and is among the bottom of the barrel, as far as administrator temperament and professionalism are concerned.

Also, he's really into..... Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. For some reason, that a purported college student is consumed by the brave deeds of the white ranger in 13th season is just.... creepy.

Anyway, note Ryulong's hilariously reasoned reaction when a wiki-peon has the temerity to nominate one of his beloved Power Rangers articles for deletion.

Speaking of creepy administrators, even FT2 agrees with me that this guy is no good. Check out the IRC log that FT2 links to on his user page. I miss that Videmus Omnia character....

I could not have said it better. Ryulong is power drunk little boy child, with delusions of grandeur and a true sociopath, in need of shock treatments. Ryulong's hatred for those that call him to task is a legend.

This manboy should be lockup in a nuthatch for the criminally insane.

Update... for some reasons why I think Rulong is need of being locked in a nuthatch some intresting links

Ryulong on deviant art

This post has been edited by victim of censorship:
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Sun 22nd March 2009, 8:25am) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 22nd March 2009, 1:55am) *

I think you misunderstood me; I'm not talking about Huggle.

Can you get a feed of recent changes to the entire encyclopedia, as though all articles were on your private watchlist? Isn't that sort of like trying to drink from the proverbial firehose? How could you do it without automation?
+Quote Post
Sarcasticidealist

Head exploded.

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 22nd March 2009, 6:57pm) *
Can you get a feed of recent changes to the entire encyclopedia, as though all articles were on your private watchlist? Isn't that sort of like trying to drink from the proverbial firehose? How could you do it without automation?

Like this.

(I personally never use this page; I can think of few things more mind-numbing. But for whatever reason, a lot of editors seem to enjoy "recent change patrolling".)
+Quote Post
Alex

Back from the dead

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Sun 22nd March 2009, 10:00pm) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 22nd March 2009, 6:57pm) *

Like this.

(I personally never use this page; I can think of few things more mind-numbing. But for whatever reason, a lot of editors seem to enjoy "recent change patrolling".)

It is called that more as a relic to the past than what actually happens. It is useful for feeding into programs like Huggle. On other less busy wikis, it's much more usable generally.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Oh Jeeezus Christ. After TWO YEARS of Ryulong's bullshit, after endless examples of his abuse of rollback and rangeblocking,
after his being dragged to RFC or RFAR at least three times before (that I can find and there may be more)......

We get a new RFAR, full of the same old apathy, brown-nosing, cowardice and backpedaling.
Oh golly. Such fun.

Ryulong is EXCELLENT PROOF that adminship should have a limited time period.
It's just about time to can his ass.

If WP were well-run and well-designed, there would be no need for obsessive vandal patrolling.
Admit it, he's a (dubiously) necessary evil. This "project" would be better off without an admin who
loves to destroy people and is obsessed with Power Rangers. He's not worth the trouble.

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 22nd March 2009, 10:31pm) *

Oh Jeeezus Christ. After TWO YEARS of Ryulong's bullshit, after endless examples of his abuse of rollback and rangeblocking,
after his being dragged to RFC or RFAR at least three times before (that I can find and there may be more)......

We get a new RFAR, full of the same old apathy, brown-nosing, cowardice and backpedaling.
Oh golly. Such fun.

If WP were well-run and well-designed, there would be no need for obsessive vandal patrolling.
Admit it, he's a (dubiously) necessary evil. This "project" would be better off without an admin who
loves to destroy people and is obsessed with Power Rangers. He's not worth the trouble.

Ryulong appears to find Kamen Rider a compelling and fascinating topic. In response to my question in that thread, Ryulong quotes the policy stating that reliable sources aren't necessary for articles on fictional subjects. My first impulse was to ask, "Why would you want to write an article on a fictional subject?"

I don't know, I guess fictional subjects are part of the artistic areas of this world which help enrich the lives of us humans. As far as Kamen Rider goes, though, I neglected to pay it any further attention once my son stopped watching it when he was about six years old.

This post has been edited by Cla68:
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 22nd March 2009, 10:31pm) *

Oh golly. Such fun.

Apparently WP needs infantile OCD'ers to patrol infantile OCD spawned articles. And Ryulong is just the manchild for that. At least he's not gone postal on Miami U and is just going postal on WP.

As part of a RfA, and what should be an annual Sanity Check (literally), WP should give a short 10 question psyche profile quizzer to these folks. You'll probably find from those that a significant % of WP admins are nutters.

This post has been edited by Piperdown:
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(victim of censorship @ Sun 22nd March 2009, 10:45am) *
Update... for some reasons why I think Rulong is need of being locked in a nuthatch some intresting links

Ryulong on deviant art

I'm guessing he deleted some stuff from his DeviantArt page...? Or is the trash can with eyeballs on it supposed to be sufficient evidence of nuttery? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)

I'd steal it for the avatar gallery, but... naaaah!
+Quote Post
Ryulong

Daw... I didn't think you guys still cared.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Ryulong @ Mon 23rd March 2009, 11:54pm) *

Yes, son, we do care. We care to see you desysopped.

Shut off your damned computer, go out and find a girlfriend or something.
+Quote Post
Son of a Yeti

High altitude member

Member No.: 8,704

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 22nd March 2009, 3:31pm) *

The idea sounds nice but after a minute or two spend pondering it in a comfort station, one starts to see the problems:

(a) there would be even more teenage admins as most older ones would be already dehammered.
(b) the scum admins would most probably try to get a sock account sysoped shortly before the two year time limit.

The end result would be WP would have only teens and/or psychopaths as its admins. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wtf.gif)

(Caveat: some of you may claim it's already true)
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(Ryulong @ Tue 24th March 2009, 6:54am) *

By the way, I think it's perfectly fine to have an article about the show Kamen Rider, but why have separate articles about each of the fictional characters in the show?
+Quote Post
Ryulong

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Tue 24th March 2009, 3:33am) *

By the way, I think it's perfectly fine to have an article about the show Kamen Rider, but why have separate articles about each of the fictional characters in the show?

Why not?
+Quote Post
Bottled_Spider

Ãœber Member

Member No.: 9,708

QUOTE(Ryulong @ Tue 24th March 2009, 8:13am) *

Why not?

That's right. You tell them. I don't really know who "Kamen Rider" is, or what he wants, but I suspect there's a huge undercurrent of mystery and homoeroticism there, which is fine by me (being a modern man, and all that). Ryulong - rhymes with "dong", right?
+Quote Post
CharlotteWebb

Postmaster General

I don't know jack about this show either but it does seem to have a huge cult following. I remember Sean Black was really into it and nobody thought he was nuts.

I know a lot of folks here have issues with Ryulong but I don't why do you have to give him shit about the one thing he does that can't possibly be affecting you.
+Quote Post
Bottled_Spider

Ãœber Member

Member No.: 9,708

QUOTE(CharlotteWebb @ Tue 24th March 2009, 3:47pm) *
I don't know jack about this show either but it does seem to have a huge cult following.

Indeed it does. But you've mis-spelled "cult".
I know a lot of folks here have issues with Ryulong but I don't why do you have to give him shit about the one thing he does that can't possibly be affecting you.

Well, Lottso, as I've said before (I think) the whole point is to just enjoy yourself. That's what Wikipedo Review is all about. For me, anyway. Hugs.
+Quote Post
Ahypori

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Sat 21st March 2009, 2:50am) *

The case has now been opened by MBisanz. I'm currently neutral in regards to the case, but at first I didn't think it was going to get accepted: instead it has nine arbitrators supporting and none opposing.

I'll think I'll watch the case: I'm interested in how in turns out.
+Quote Post
Alex

Back from the dead

QUOTE(Ahypori @ Wed 25th March 2009, 12:42am) *

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Sat 21st March 2009, 2:50am) *

The case has now been opened by MBisanz. I'm currently neutral in regards to the case, but at first I didn't think it was going to get accepted: instead it has nine arbitrators supporting and none opposing.

I'll think I'll watch the case: I'm interested in how in turns out.

Well as I said in my statement, he's been a problem since the beginning, and should never have even been made an admin.
+Quote Post
Ahypori

QUOTE(Alex @ Wed 25th March 2009, 12:46am) *

Well as I said in my statement, he's been a problem since the beginning, and should never have even been made an admin.

Funnily enough, Ryulong 3 was the first RfA I ever participated in (support). I've often speculated that, had Ryulong gone on to have a fourth RfA (rather than had the third closed at 68% as successful), it's possible that the RfCs and the current arbitration case now opened regarding his tool use and conduct wouldn't be happening, as he would have taken on board what would have led to RfA#3 being unsuccessful, and would be a much better administrator. Unfortunately, we won't know. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif) I dunno...maybe I'm being too generous here.

For the record, does anyone remember what Raul654's rationale for closing that RfA as successful was?
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(Ryulong @ Tue 24th March 2009, 8:13am) *

Why not?

Because fictional subjects don't require reliable sources, which means that they don't have to pass the "notability" and other standards. For example, the article about the Gel-shocker fictional organization from the show lists as it's sole source some fan's website. Obviously, that would never pass for a non-fictional topic. It's ridiculously amateurish. To be fair, you didn't start that article and have apparently made only one edit to it, but don't you think that articles like that one are an embarrassment to Wikipedia?
+Quote Post
Alex

Back from the dead

QUOTE(Ahypori @ Wed 25th March 2009, 1:45am) *

For the record, does anyone remember what Raul654's rationale for closing that RfA as successful was?

Something like "I spoke to him a bit on IRC, and I think he's a good guy".
+Quote Post
Ahypori

QUOTE(Alex @ Wed 25th March 2009, 2:12am) *

QUOTE(Ahypori @ Wed 25th March 2009, 1:45am) *

Something like "I spoke to him a bit on IRC, and I think he's a good guy".

Really? Wow...I remember the anger WJBscribe got for promoting ^demon at 63%. At least his rationale for granting adminship in that case wasn't something along the lines of "I like this user".
+Quote Post
Shalom

Ãœber Member

Here's the quotation from Raul654:

I have promoted Ryulong to sysop. While some might object that he was below 70% support (with 69.4%), I believe, based on my interactions with him, that he would make a good sysop, and it would be a mistake not to promote him. Raul654 06:22, 24 January 2007 (UTC)

Hilarity ensues. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_tal...t_69.4.25.21.3F Renesis is especially vocal for his/her outrage.

I'm sorry, but the claim that I'm putting words in your mouth is completely ridiculous. You said nothing besides "based on 'my interactions...", and I haven't claimed you've said anything else. And I'd like to know why 65%, but not 68%, 70% or 75%? Why any mention of numbers, if this entire thing is based on "discretion"? -- Renesis (talk) 08:52, 24 January 2007 (UTC)

Raul654 clarifies:

It's not based *solely* on my interactions with him, and yes, that's the word you are putting in my mouth. I said I promoted him based on my interaction with him. I did not say I did so to the exclusion of the community's commentary. My interaction with him was the deciding factor, but not the only one. Raul654 08:55, 24 January 2007 (UTC)

Contrary to Majorly's fuzzy memory of the incident, Raul654 did not say he conversed with Ryulong on IRC about the RFA. He did say:

yes, I have interacted with Ryulong on IRC, as I have interacted on IRC with many hundreds of other people. ...
As to this RFA, the first time Ryulong knew of my interest in his RFA was when I told him I intended to promote him, about 5 minutes before I did. Raul654 08:57, 24 January 2007

One other comment from that discussion, by Somitho, bears repeating here:

Ryulong has been granted the tools, and has promised to use them well. IF he breaks policy and goes nutso; then take it up with arbcom.

Prophetic?
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Shalom @ Tue 24th March 2009, 7:43pm) *

I have promoted Ryulong to sysop. While some might object that he was below 70% support (with 69.4%), I believe, based on my interactions with him, that he would make a good sysop, and it would be a mistake not to promote him. Raul654 06:22, 24 January 2007 (UTC)

Hilarity ensues. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_tal...t_69.4.25.21.3F

What a perfect example of Raul's arrogant, corrupt and power-mongering personality.

Can we get an RFAR against him for once?
+Quote Post
LaraLove

Wikipedia BLP advocate

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Wed 25th March 2009, 5:45am) *

What a perfect example of Raul's arrogant, corrupt and power-mongering personality.

Well-deserved, but pointless. It would go nowhere. He holds way too much power and ArbCom wouldn't do jack to him. That's why you haven't seen a case against him.
+Quote Post
Alex

Back from the dead

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Wed 25th March 2009, 12:16pm) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Wed 25th March 2009, 5:45am) *

Well-deserved, but pointless. It would go nowhere. He holds way too much power and ArbCom wouldn't do jack to him. That's why you haven't seen a case against him.

Perhaps because no one has bothered to. If people got up of their arse to make a case instead of coming here to spend their lives whining about how x admin is a bitch and ruined my life etc etc then we'd get a lot more done.
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

Member No.: 8,716

QUOTE(Alex @ Wed 25th March 2009, 5:46pm) *

Perhaps because no one has bothered to. If people got up of their arse to make a case instead of coming here to spend their lives whining about how x admin is a bitch and ruined my life etc etc then we'd get a lot more done.

What species of people are these that have to share a single arse?
+Quote Post
Alex

Back from the dead

QUOTE(Malleus @ Wed 25th March 2009, 5:52pm) *

QUOTE(Alex @ Wed 25th March 2009, 5:46pm) *

What species of people are these that have to share a single arse?

Perhaps yourself?
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Just a thought......

If the two of you could bear to take that time you're using to insult each other, and
log into WP and file an RFAR against Raul, I suspect you might have some minor success.
At very least, you'd probably get more satisfaction from embarrassing Pellegrini than from
this pissing contest.

It's not as if there's a shortage of evidence to use against the bastard.
+Quote Post
Shalom

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Wed 25th March 2009, 11:03pm) *

Just a thought......

If the two of you could bear to take that time you're using to insult each other, and
log into WP and file an RFAR against Raul, I suspect you might have some minor success.
At very least, you'd probably get more satisfaction from embarrassing Pellegrini than from
this pissing contest.

It's not as if there's a shortage of evidence to use against the bastard.

I hesitate to take this seriously, but the prospect of arbitration reminds me of my very first post on WR in connection with Raul654's wrong block on CreepyCrawly. Some of the wiki evidence is preserved here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Cre...ion_from_Shalom

If even after my last efforts on that page I would still not have secured CreepyCrawly's unblock, my next stop might have been arbitration.

I checked Raul654's block log and he's still blocking sockpuppets of Scibaby. I'm not sure what impresses me more, Scibaby's persistence in disrupting Wikipedia or Raul's persistence in defending it. Some months ago Raul said he was done fighting this battle because his BOLD full protection of global warming articles didn't stand up to community opposition, but he's still fighting that battle.
+Quote Post
Snowey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...long_desysopped

Grab your popcorn.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Snowey @ Wed 13th May 2009, 4:13pm) *

If it takes 4 votes and he has 4, does this mean that's it, so long as nobody comes in and opposes?

That will be another classical nasty Kabbalist down. Ryulong's score is 33:

#1 Yasser_Arafat - edited by 4 of 4 users
#2 World_War_I - edited by 4 of 4 users
#3 Wikipedia - edited by 4 of 4 users
#4 The_Holocaust - edited by 4 of 4 users
#5 Terrorism - edited by 4 of 4 users
#6 Taliban - edited by 4 of 4 users
#7 Steven_Spielberg - edited by 4 of 4 users
#8 September_11_attacks - edited by 4 of 4 users
#9 Self-hating_Jew - edited by 4 of 4 users
#10 Saddam_Hussein - edited by 4 of 4 users
#11 Racism - edited by 4 of 4 users
#12 Osama_bin_Laden - edited by 4 of 4 users
#13 Nazism - edited by 4 of 4 users
#14 Nazi_Germany - edited by 4 of 4 users
#15 Mein_Kampf - edited by 4 of 4 users
#16 List_of_designated_terrorist_organizations - edited by 4 of 4 users
#17 Lebanon - edited by 4 of 4 users
#18 Judaism - edited by 4 of 4 users
#19 Jew_Watch - edited by 4 of 4 users
#20 Jew - edited by 4 of 4 users
#21 Jerusalem - edited by 4 of 4 users
#22 Holocaust_denial - edited by 4 of 4 users
#23 Hobo - edited by 4 of 4 users
#24 Grigori_Rasputin - edited by 4 of 4 users
#25 God - edited by 4 of 4 users
#26 Christianity - edited by 4 of 4 users
#27 British_National_Party - edited by 4 of 4 users
#28 Berlin_Wall - edited by 4 of 4 users
#29 Arnold_Schwarzenegger - edited by 4 of 4 users
#30 Antisemitism - edited by 4 of 4 users
#31 American_Jews - edited by 4 of 4 users
#32 Al-Qaeda - edited by 4 of 4 users
#33 Adolf_Hitler - edited by 4 of 4 users

One more rumble of the powershift.

PS: what's with Rlevse's concern about Ryulong having "rollback"? Again, is rollback not simply the same as picking an old version you like, clicking "edit," and saving it? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ermm.gif) There's gotta be something I don't understand. Would the universe collapse if Ryulong could (or could not) continue to do that?
+Quote Post
Sarcasticidealist

Head exploded.

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Wed 13th May 2009, 9:52pm) *
PS: what's with Rlevse's concern about Ryulong having "rollback"? Again, is rollback not simply the same as picking an old version you like, clicking "edit," and saving it? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ermm.gif) There's gotta be something I don't understand. Would the universe collapse if Ryulong could (or could not) continue to do that?
Well, not "picking an old version" - rollback automatically brings you back to the version before the most recent editor started editing it. As for why it's allegedly a big deal, you don't get the chance to put in an edit summary for it, which means that it's only supposed to be used for bad faith stuff; anybody operating in good faith is supposed to be entitled to an explanation of why you're undoing their edits. That's the theory, anyway.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Wed 13th May 2009, 6:02pm) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Wed 13th May 2009, 9:52pm) *
Well, not "picking an old version" - rollback automatically brings you back to the version before the most recent editor started editing it. As for why it's allegedly a big deal, you don't get the chance to put in an edit summary for it, which means that it's only supposed to be used for bad faith stuff; anybody operating in good faith is supposed to be entitled to an explanation of why you're undoing their edits. That's the theory, anyway.

Okay, so why a software program that WON'T let you save with edit summary "RVV, "or "Welcome to Wikipedia!". Was rollback DESIGNED to make people angry? You can always go back and save an earlier verion withou an edit summary if you WANT to. Does "rollback" add "neener, neener, you vandal putz!"

If this why Rlevse fears Ryulong might not be able to use it any more?
+Quote Post
Sarcasticidealist

Head exploded.

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Wed 13th May 2009, 10:09pm) *
Okay, so why a software program that WON'T let you save with edit summary "RVV, "or "Welcome to Wikipedia!".
Because it's faster; adding the intermediate phase where the edit summary field appears would slow it down.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Wed 13th May 2009, 6:11pm) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Wed 13th May 2009, 10:09pm) *
Okay, so why a software program that WON'T let you save with edit summary "RVV, "or "Welcome to Wikipedia!".
Because it's faster; adding the intermediate phase where the edit summary field appears would slow it down.

Couldn't they have the edit summary auto-add "Welcome to Wikipedia!" ? It's polite and mildly sarcastic. What's not to like?
+Quote Post
georgeieboy

Neophyte

it is looking like ryulong is gonna get what he requires. Fucked off.

+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(georgeieboy @ Thu 14th May 2009, 1:44pm) *

it is looking like ryulong is gonna get what he requires. Fucked off.

Rlevse is talking about taking away Ryulong's rollback privilege for 6 months. Oh, the inhumanity! Is there no revenge too great! It's cruel. It's unusual. It's really..... wierd. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)

Speaking of weirdnesses, here is ArbComm Love Potion #9:

Blocking
9) Blocking is a serious matter. Administrators should be exceedingly careful when blocking. Blocking may only be used to prevent damage or disruption to Wikipedia, and not to punish users; that is, blocking is preventative, not punitive. Blocks should be made only if other means --such as warnings-- are not likely to be effective. Even when reversed, blocks that appear arbitrary or capricious, or are based on poor methodology and evidence, have a chilling effect on people's willingness to contribute to Wikipedia.

Support:
FayssalF - Wiki me up® 08:30, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
FloNight♥♥♥ 09:57, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
Casliber (talk · contribs) 13:05, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
Wizardman 15:32, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
Vassyana (talk) 15:45, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
Rlevse • Talk • 00:26, 13 May 2009 (UTC)

===================================

If Arbcom does not make policy, what is all the wanking above, about? What is there to "support" or "oppose," if the principle is already written down someplace (which I believe it is) and Arbcom can't change it? Why not just refer to it by title and statute or something? And say they're putting it down because they think it applies to a violation of it by User:NumbNuts, or something. Which I think is actually the point of the above, but I cannot be sure, because it's written in Wikipedian-- a language I'm not fluent in, and which Bablefish won't handle.
+Quote Post
Sarcasticidealist

Head exploded.

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 14th May 2009, 6:01pm) *
If Arbcom does not make policy, what is all the wanking above, about? What is there to "support" or "oppose," if the principle is already written down someplace (which I believe it is) and Arbcom can't change it?
You incorrectly assume that i. policy is written down some place, and ii. things that are written down on policy pages are actually policy. That's not the Wikipedia Way ™. The Wikipedia Way ™ is sort of like the Common Law back before there was any kind of a body of precedent: Arb Comm doesn't make policy, the policy already exists. Arb Comm merely identifies it.

Besides that, the purpose of specifically articulating a universally agreed upon policy is that the principles and the finding of facts together are supposed to create kind of an implied syllogism: "It is against policy to block carelessly. Admin X has blocked carelessly. Therefore, Admin X has violated policy."
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 14th May 2009, 2:01pm) *
Speaking of weirdnesses, here is ArbComm Love Potion #9:
Blocking
9) Blocking is a serious matter. Administrators should be exceedingly careful when blocking.
Support:
FayssalF - Wiki me up® 08:30, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
FloNight♥♥♥ 09:57, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
Casliber (talk · contribs) 13:05, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
Wizardman 15:32, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
Vassyana (talk) 15:45, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
Rlevse • Talk • 00:26, 13 May 2009 (UTC)

It's for comic effect, maybe?.........

But seriously, after reading a lot of crap surrounding Ryu's battles with Mythdon, I'm still
in the dark about what the hell they were doing to each other. This tells me little, except
they were pissing at each other over Power Rangers articles. (What a pathetic thing to
be desysopped over. Ryu deserves a barnstar for Trivia Whoring or something.)
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Thu 14th May 2009, 2:08pm) *

You incorrectly assume that i. policy is written down some place, and ii. things that are written down on policy pages are actually policy. That's not the Wikipedia Way ™. The Wikipedia Way ™ is sort of like the Common Law back before there was any kind of a body of precedent: Arb Comm doesn't make policy, the policy already exists. Arb Comm merely identifies it.

Ah. Like the English constitution and the idea of Natural Rights. With a bit of starchamber, witch trials, heresy trials, and treason trials thrown in for spice.

If Wikipedia is due to recreate all the history of human progress in government, where do you put them about now? I'd say England about .... 1640. No revolution yet, and not yet any attempt of Jimbo and the WMF to take it all back, and be Lord Protector and Commonwealth. Sigh. A lot of good stuff still to go!

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Thu 14th May 2009, 2:08pm) *

Besides that, the purpose of specifically articulating a universally agreed upon policy is that the principles and the finding of facts together are supposed to create kind of an implied syllogism: "It is against policy to block carelessly. Admin X has blocked carelessly. Therefore, Admin X has violated policy."

Yes, that's what I figured. Every ArbCom sets down enthymemes, using one or more semi-new premises taken (by consensus of the moment by the people elected at the moment) from an unwritten code, which keeps changing.

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/confused.gif) Wheeee.
+Quote Post
georgeieboy

Neophyte

this is the way it is going to end in Ryulong's tears and throwing his silly childrens toys out of his pram. that is funny so funny Eric.(What a pathetic thing to be desysopped over. Ryu deserves a barnstar for Trivia Whoring or something.)
this is funny but not actually the reason he is gonna be fucked ,the actual reason is that he is a arrogant arsehole .

.Ryulong desysopped

1) For misuse of his administrative tools, failure to address the community's concerns, and inappropriate off-wiki behavior, Ryulong is desysopped. He may regain his adminship either though RfA at any time, or by appeal to ArbCom no less than 6 months after the closure of the case.

Support:

1. First choice. -- FayssalF - Wiki me up® 9:33 am, 12 May 2009, last Tuesday (3 days ago) (UTC+1)
2. First choice. It came down to this. Wizardman 9:17 pm, 12 May 2009, last Tuesday (3 days ago) (UTC+1)
3. First choice, regrettably. Casliber (talk · contribs) 9:57 pm, 12 May 2009, last Tuesday (3 days ago) (UTC+1)
4. First choice. Assuming this includes the rollback button since users can have it but not the admin bit? — Rlevse • Talk • 1:31 am, Yesterday (UTC+1)
5. FloNight♥♥♥ 1:00 pm, Today (UTC+1)

Oppose:

Abstain:
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 14th May 2009, 5:21pm) *

If Wikipedia is due to recreate all the history of human progress in government, where do you put them about now? I'd say England about … 1640. No revolution yet, and not attempt of Jimbo and the WMF to take it all back and be Lord Protector and Commonwealth. Sigh. A lot of good stuff still to go!

Speaking of enthymemes, you make the highly questionable assumption that Wikipediot ontogeny is recapitulating, not decapitulating phylogeny.

Jon (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 14th May 2009, 2:09pm) *

But seriously, after reading a lot of crap surrounding Ryu's battles with Mythdon, I'm still
in the dark about what the hell they were doing to each other. This tells me little, except
they were pissing at each other over Power Rangers articles. (What a pathetic thing to

Or in his case, a Barnstar of David for Jewish trivia. But that's okay, WP isn't paper. If he'd really spent all that time beavering away on synogogues, nobody would have noticed. We all have our stampcollections. Yes, I know WP is NOT a stamp collection. Except, it sort of is. Which is okay. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
Snowey

So, who wants to ask Raul if he'll finally admit that promoting Ryulong with <70% support was a total, utter, blatant error in judgment that has caused precisely the sort of abuse and drama those who opposed Ryulong's sysop candidacy warned about?
+Quote Post
Viridae

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Snowey @ Fri 15th May 2009, 7:45am) *

So, who wants to ask Raul if he'll finally admit that promoting Ryulong with <70% support was a total, utter, blatant error in judgment that has caused precisely the sort of abuse and drama those who opposed Ryulong's sysop candidacy warned about?

I was thinking that.
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Member No.: 3,670

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 14th May 2009, 5:21pm) *
If Wikipedia is due to recreate all the history of human progress in government, where do you put them about now?

I answered that question here.
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 14th May 2009, 9:30pm) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 14th May 2009, 2:09pm) *

Or in his case, a Barnstar of David for Jewish trivia. But that's okay, WP isn't paper. If he'd really spent all that time beavering away on synogogues, nobody would have noticed. We all have our stampcollections. Yes, I know WP is NOT a stamp collection. Except, it sort of is. Which is okay. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

Yes, we do each have our stamp collections, which is one reason why I try not to criticize the editors involved in building the Power Ranger, Kamen Rider, and Pocket Monsters articles. Those articles, though, have a lot of issues. They're often sourced to fansites, which is apparently ok for articles on fictional subjects, but it still looks kind of bush league. I guess, though, until the "Definitive Guide to the Pokeman Universe" gets published in English, that they're stuck with what they have to work with. I'm not sure, however, how Ryulong's heavy-hand on the ban button was related to those articles.

This post has been edited by Cla68:
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)