FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Spreading the Poop On Thick -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spreading the Poop On Thick, ....Credibility Toast
Piperdown

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars

Shrill hand waving doesn't negate IP evidence and slipped diffs.

Is Poupon a Garysock or just a Garybuddiesock, lol. Not a star of the debate team....get a better champion than "lalala this was started by satan!" argument. You're embarassing yourself again.

And Cool Hand has declared Mantanmoreland to be a "great editor". Based on what, lol. Great at provoking other editors into quitting or getting banned while losing their community patience with all of Gary's stinky socks.

I told you the Fix was in.

This post has been edited by Piperdown:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Viridae

Fat Cat

Just a caustic troublemaker who is heading towards a block.
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Viridae @ Mon 11th February 2008, 11:21pm) *

Just a caustic troublemaker who is heading towards a block.

You really think so? You guys don't stand a chance in hell of banning Gary. Good luck. Caving in with some insane apologism about his supposedly valuable contributions to WP is what I expected. This producitivity is something that I'd like to see proof of, lol. There is none.

Mantanmoreland is the first domino in Jimbo's ShootOnSight Doctrine. If mantan falls, the corruption that allowed him to occur falls. There is a stink on almost every admin/arby from this situation that is in his SS squad.

+Quote Post
Viridae

Fat Cat

Its not Weiss.
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Viridae @ Mon 11th February 2008, 11:26pm) *

Its not Weiss.

yes, MM is. I didn't think Poop is, but I'm sure its one of his butties.

If Gary and all his socks aren't banned, there are going to be a significant editing force of people who are no longer going to so commiitted to the project. I'd even go so far as to guess it will turn those people to negative contributors, not just the discontinuation of positive contributors.

Regardless of the specific case of who is behind those socks, what he edited, etc, what has occurred is a cancer on Wikipedia. One of many tumors.

People have learned that you can abusively sock, get away with it, and do it again.

all you have to do is make friends with the officers who are just are ethically challenged. Mutual blackmail.

Wait til Gary's next book comes out. Linkspam redux, lol.

+Quote Post
Viridae

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Tue 12th February 2008, 10:28am) *

QUOTE(Viridae @ Mon 11th February 2008, 11:26pm) *

Its not Weiss.

yes, MM is. I didn't think Poop is, but I'm sure its one of his butties.

Oh MM is, pretty sure of that one. Poupon is just one of those irritants that are so anti badsites their blood pressure must be off the charts every time he sees my name.

I'm pretty sure he will earn himself a block for disruption before long givent he current behaviour he has been exhibiting.

Edit: Actually just noted the comments on Durova's talk page and gave him a warning.

Second edit: Btw - I like the username, its very unique. Had to look up what Poupon was when I first saw it. Turns out we have it in australia too - I have eaten the stuff.

This post has been edited by Viridae:
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

You can also run willie-nillie all over your meatspace enemies on WP. Gary learned that from Slimmy.

Delete their AFD's. Vote twice. Go out of your way to put negative sources in the first google-showing paragraphs o the Byrnes, and only positives on the Soros'es.

Then you can be a Press Sectretary for a Cult Leader/Church Leader, and administer his article as your full time job. Because that will ensure a NPOV. Lol.

And you can tell people to fuck off all the way up the wikiladder.

What a fine bunch of fellows, Princes of St. Petersburg, are slouching their way to San Francisco.

I wonder how many of these low-lifes are expecting to get Wikia IPO stock grants someday soon.
+Quote Post
guy

Postmaster General

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 23

QUOTE(Viridae @ Mon 11th February 2008, 11:31pm) *

I like the username, its very unique. Had to look up what Poupon was when I first saw it. Turns out we have it in australia too - I have eaten the stuff.

How can something be very unique?

Poupon is or was off-colour mustard, though it's been re-coloured.

http://www.dullmen.com/grey_poupon.htm
+Quote Post
Viridae

Fat Cat

QUOTE(guy @ Tue 12th February 2008, 10:48am) *

QUOTE(Viridae @ Mon 11th February 2008, 11:31pm) *

I like the username, its very unique. Had to look up what Poupon was when I first saw it. Turns out we have it in australia too - I have eaten the stuff.

How can something be very unique?

Poupon is or was off-colour mustard, though it's been re-coloured.

http://www.dullmen.com/grey_poupon.htm

Actually someone picked me up on "very unique" the other day. Interestingly Poupon n Australia is a faux french brand - dijon is all I see from them.

This is the stuff - but I dont know if it is called grey poupon here: http://www.leekangkoog.org/images/mustard600.jpg
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

Wikipedians, if they don' t let you ban him, and they won't or it would have already occurred, do this.

Put on his user talk page

"Hello, this is <User>. I think what you did here (put about 3 diffs with his worst sock/verbal/voting/etc abuses) is wrong and I think you should leave Wikpedia."

People should be given a chance to leave first. If they disagree with several straightforward points of why they are being asked to leave, and have no satisfactory response, and still refuse to leave...fire them. It's the way the real world works.

I think you'll find a lot of the community who will politely ask him to leave, with diffs backing up their reasons.

And doing so is not uncivil, is not against anything that Wikpedia stands for supposedly, and is not anything you should get sanctioned for yourself for doing. Politely expressing your opinion about someone else's behaviour should be encouraged, not blanked and used against you from an enemies list deadpool.

Wikipedia is a community of editors, not a community of a crew of admins who have each other's backs no matter how bad one of their crew behaves. They say WP is not a democracy, and they're wrong.

+Quote Post
tarantino

the Dude abides

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Mon 11th February 2008, 11:19pm) *

Is Poupon a Garysock or just a Garybuddiesock, lol.

Many suspect he is a Hipocrite who vanished after a Java Virtual Machine predicted a lawsuit in his future.
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

QUOTE(tarantino @ Tue 12th February 2008, 12:44am) *

Many suspect he is a Hipocrite who vanished after a Java Virtual Machine predicted a lawsuit in his future.

Do tell.

Gosh, what a valued contributor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Hipocrite

That's right up there with Mantanmoreland in quality, although the quantity is lacking. That is the sort of history that PooponBensToast would surely be spurred on to put a snide "Note: this user has only x edits" comment below an Rfa vote.

+Quote Post
Castle Rock

Member No.: 3,051

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Mon 11th February 2008, 4:49pm) *

Do tell.

Ha! Hipocrite ran afoul of Jeffrey Vernon Merkey who is only able to communicate in legal threats
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Castle Rock @ Tue 12th February 2008, 12:56am) *

Ha! Hipocrite ran afoul of Jeffrey Vernon Merkey who is only able to communicate in legal threats

Hm. Does Merkey know Mantan by any chance? They're simpaticos.
+Quote Post
Amarkov

Ãœber Member

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 3,635

QUOTE(Castle Rock @ Mon 11th February 2008, 4:56pm) *

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Mon 11th February 2008, 4:49pm) *

Do tell.

Merkey has much more reason to be mad at me; I think I started complaining about him the day after he was unbanned. But I've gotten nothing from him after he left Wikipedia. There's almost certainly something more.
+Quote Post
Rootology

Fat Cat

PouponOnToast is Hipocrite, who did a RTV after Merkey off-Wiki threatened him or something with legal stuff. He renamed to DepartedUser:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?limit=...&year=&month=-1

And then came back again as Poupon.
+Quote Post
LamontStormstar

Postmaster

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Mon 11th February 2008, 5:49pm) *

Do tell.

Gosh, what a valued contributor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Hipocrite

That's right up there with Mantanmoreland in quality, although the quantity is lacking. That is the sort of history that PooponBensToast would surely be spurred on to put a snide "Note: this user has only x edits" comment below an Rfa vote.

He renamed to DepartedUser. The stuff in contributions to his old name is only there do to Wikimedia bugs. The bugs even make it appear to go to the old username, too going back years, but those are some sort of bugs.

This post has been edited by LamontStormstar:
+Quote Post
tarantino

the Dude abides

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Tue 12th February 2008, 1:01am) *

QUOTE(Castle Rock @ Tue 12th February 2008, 12:56am) *

Hm. Does Merkey know Mantan by any chance? They're simpaticos.

I wouldn't be surprised if Merkey and WB had swapped war stories. There's several mutual acquaintances between them.
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

QUOTE(tarantino @ Tue 12th February 2008, 1:37am) *

I wouldn't be surprised if Merkey and WB had swapped war stories. There's several mutual acquaintances between them.

Do tell, Quentin. I've never heard of Merkey, and why would Judd give a damn? I could see Cade Metz might be, who surely has some more "bizarre rants" just for his friend Jimbo.

+Quote Post
WordBomb

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(tarantino @ Mon 11th February 2008, 8:44pm) *

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Mon 11th February 2008, 11:19pm) *

Is Poupon a Garysock or just a Garybuddiesock, lol.

Well, well, well. Now I know who you are! Look at us posting to the same board like this.

QUOTE(tarantino @ Mon 11th February 2008, 9:37pm) *
Indeed I have had more than one long chat with Merkey, but none mediated by our common acquaintances. It's more about our common adversaries, among which I do not count you, tarantino. And to your point: I admit to getting along just fine with Merkey, although when it comes to war stories, it's not much of an exchange; Merkey mostly just gives.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)