FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Yechiel Robinson -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Yechiel Robinson, Recent Entries
guy

Postmaster General

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 23

Poetlister and ten other user accounts were banned on May 30, 2007, in what many people both inside and outside Wikipedia now regard as a blatant miscarriage of justice. At first I was unconvinced, but after investigating the evidence in much more detail than the blocking administrator did, and after communicating with Poetlister herself, I am now convinced that she is innocent. Trying to prove that case to anyone who has the power to overturn the ban will require every ounce of skill I have, along with assistance from Heaven (?í?Ö?Ö?ó?¬?É ?ô?????Ö?É).

This is obviously by user Shalom.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Poetlister

Poetlister from Venus

Group: Inactive

Shalom's pointed something out to me that I've never noticed and I don't think anyone else has mentioned. When Dmcdevit announced the bans, he said

"After an investigation involving several CheckUsers, myself included, it has been determined based on new, firmer technical evidence, as well as the editing patterns, including similar article interests, reverting to each other, and double voting, that Newport, Poetlister, R613vlu, Brownlee, Londoneye, and Taxwoman, all previous sockpuppetry suspects from 2005, are all the same user, and, further, that the operator of these accounts is also the operator of newer accounts including Simul8, Osidge, Holdenhurst, and the admin account Runcorn. On the recommendation of the Arbitration Committee, Runcorn has been desysopped by a steward, and all of the accounts have been blocked indefinitely."

What's the error? R613vlu and Brownlee were not previous sockpuppetry suspects from 2005! They did not exist in 2005. If he can't get that right, how on earth can we place any credence in any other aspect of what he's done?

Of course, saying we're all the same because of double voting is a bit circular.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)