FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
I Have Been Libelled By Wikipedia, And I Regard It As A Potential Source Of Great Evil -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> I Have Been Libelled By Wikipedia, And I Regard It As A Potential Source Of Great Evil, Not So ... There's Nothing Potential About It ...
Newsfeed

Postmaster General

Group: Bots

I have been libelled by Wikipedia, and I regard it as a potential source of great evil

Irish Independent
By Kevin Myers THE black rat, courtesy of bubonic plague, proved this was one world. The great Asian flu in 1918–19 did something similar. And the AIDS pandemic of the 1980s and 1990s did likewise, this time proving that …
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

That's Wikipedia for you, the intellectual bathhouse of our times, in which you can swap personal fluids and fatal viruses with complete strangers.

I treat Wikipedia with the same intellectual respect I would a football chant. I am in a minority.

In the past decade, Wikipedia has produced the greatest "information" revolution in history. But what actually is a "fact" in an internet-world that consists of a cyber-rabble bawling malevolent gibberish along with scientific truth? Who knows which is which? And who are the thousands of people who write the Wikipedia entries? Do you know any of their names? Thanks to the internet, we have travelled back to the intellectual anarchy of the 17th century pamphleteers.

Plagiarised Wikipedia quotes, copied and pasted, are now universal media-fare. The word viral takes on a new meaning: the sewers are no longer underground, but are pumping their bilge into the food-fair. And as we wade knee-deep in all this mixture of nourishment and effluent, who knows what is good and what is toxic rubbish?

In other words, freedom needs consensual rules -- otherwise the outcome is the freedom to tyrannise, to bully, to marginalise, to cheat, to oppress. This is what we are already seeing in the sordid universe of the free internet, with its depraved galaxies of hysteria, its solar systems of malice and its malevolently circling comets of vindictive dementia. What happens when a really powerful force is able to mobilise such cosmic hatreds? History -- 1789, 1917 -- supplies the answer.

The force is strong with this one.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Tue 24th January 2012, 12:44pm) *

The force is strong with this one.

Making further defamation inevitable.

I see that even after all this, the "Myarse, Kevin" is still sitting there in plain sight.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)