FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Michael Essany takes a stab at it -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Michael Essany takes a stab at it
thekohser

Group: Regulars

Michael Essany wrote an Intuit blog piece a while back. While he spent a paragraph talking about me, he never bothered to interview me or to let me know when he published the story.

If you'd like a little chuckle, read his story, then read this (note the author?), check this out, and see this and this.

Hmm...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
EricBarbour

blah

Of course, there is also the possibility that someone else will write about you. Antero Alli, founder of the Berkeley, Calif.-based publishing and production company ParaTheatrical Research, was pleasantly surprised to find himself as the subject of a Wikipedia article – although he takes it with the proverbial grain of salt.

“My Wikipedia page has served as a kind of generic bio that has been useful on occasions when I want to impress someone with the broader range of what I do and have done,” he says. “But it’s still odd. When I look at it and read it, it’s as if I’m reading the story of someone who has already died. I mean, don’t you have to die first before getting listed in an encyclopedia?”

Not if it's an "encyclopedia". Then you can use it to defame live people.

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
Gruntled

Quite an unusual member

Group: On Vacation

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Tue 14th June 2011, 9:56am) *

Of course, there is also the possibility that someone else will write about you. Antero Alli, founder of the Berkeley, Calif.-based publishing and production company ParaTheatrical Research, was pleasantly surprised to find himself as the subject of a Wikipedia article – although he takes it with the proverbial grain of salt.

“My Wikipedia page has served as a kind of generic bio that has been useful on occasions when I want to impress someone with the broader range of what I do and have done,” he says. “But it’s still odd. When I look at it and read it, it’s as if I’m reading the story of someone who has already died. I mean, don’t you have to die first before getting listed in an encyclopedia?”

Not if it's an "encyclopedia". Then you can use it to defame live people.

Jimbo himself is of course in Encyclopedia Britannica.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Gruntled @ Thu 16th June 2011, 1:50am) *

So is Rush Limbaugh. And he's now selling iced tea in bottles.
Bottles featuring a picture of himself, dressed as Paul Revere......
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Thu 16th June 2011, 4:38pm) *

QUOTE(Gruntled @ Thu 16th June 2011, 1:50am) *

So is Rush Limbaugh. And he's now selling iced tea in bottles.
Bottles featuring a picture of himself, dressed as Paul Revere......

QUOTE(from Limbaugh)

Is the tea safe for liberals to drink?
Yes, absolutely! The tea is excellent and worthy of all! The tea is a melting pot, full of American values and the taste of freedom; everyone can share in it’s magic. [Go get him, Greg!] There is a charge however, which may be a shock to some.

Can liberals pay a higher price if they choose?
Yes! However, since most liberals prefer to have everything paid for them this is highly unlikely.

Can liberals pay a lower price if they choose?
No, but we will happily accept payment from third parties buying the tea for liberals who think someone else should buy their tea for them.

Why do you have a recycling symbol on your product if you so adamantly criticize environmentalists and the green movement?
Having a recycling symbol on each Two If By Tea™ bottle is merely for labeling and industry requirements. It is not meant to be a political statement of any sort or an attempt to “Save the Planet” as many environmentalist wackos would suggest.

And predictably, the commentary from the peanut gallery is impolite:

-------------

Everyone gimmie your best. What would you think a tea with the face of Limbaugh on the bottle tastes like. No saying "shit."

Piss.

Like a monkey pissing in his own mouth.

No, I'm looking for something comparably sick.

Hmm, like puking a little in your mouth and then swallow it again and you can taste the last thing you ate or drank? Like that?

More Sick, eh? You ask, we deliver: How about bottled santorum? That sick enough?

Diet Santorum

What makes it diet?

Only half the lube?

==================

The Nazis are of course mentioned, but we may have a new internet version of Godwin's law here: As an unmoderated BBS conversation is allowed to run, the probability of mentioning santorum approaches 1. Okay, you read it here first. Milton Roe's Law.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)