FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Sarek of Vulcan -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Sarek of Vulcan
gomi

Group: Members

SarekOfVulcan (T-C-L-K-R-D) has handed in his admin bits. He's also a member here. I'm sure his little tiff with Ottava didn't help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
SarekOfVulcan

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(gomi @ Wed 31st March 2010, 4:08pm) *

SarekOfVulcan (T-C-L-K-R-D) has handed in his admin bits. He's also a member here. I'm sure his little tiff with Ottava didn't help.

That didn't really play into it at all -- I kinda gave up on listening to Ottava when his second edit to WP Freemasonry was to demand that a new project be started with Real Freemasons. :-) It was just Real Life biting a little harder than usual, so I figured one fewer responsibility would be helpful.

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 31st March 2010, 4:18pm) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Wed 31st March 2010, 4:14pm) *

Nor all that time he followed SagitRiverQueen around Wikipedia, cleaning up like the clowns following the horse platoon in a parade.

If you are talking Wikipedia, it is the elephant platoon. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ermm.gif)

As for Sarek...eh, no great loss to the project. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif)

Sorry, I'm still editing Wikipedia -- just handed in the bit. It's much easier to shrug and walk away when there's much less you can do about things. :-)

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Wed 31st March 2010, 5:02pm) *

Well, yeah. Your point being...?

This post has been edited by SarekOfVulcan:
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(SarekOfVulcan @ Wed 14th April 2010, 3:11am) *

That didn't really play into it at all -- I kinda gave up on listening to Ottava when his second edit to WP Freemasonry was to demand that a new project be started with Real Freemasons. :-) It was just Real Life biting a little harder than usual, so I figured one fewer responsibility would be helpful.

That project was being dominated by three people who attacked and bullied everyone else and then used their ownership of the project to claim the ability to regulate any matter on Freemasonry. It was so bad that those people tried to claim that this page was of a non-notable lodge simply because they didn't make the page. The same people threw a fit that there were highly reliable sources used about Christopher Smart and his Freemasonry with a laughable claim that "all Freemasons were logged" even though there are multiple known fires that destroyed records if there even were well kept records.

This post has been edited by Ottava:
+Quote Post
SarekOfVulcan

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 13th April 2010, 11:17pm) *

It was so bad that those people tried to claim that this page was of a non-notable lodge simply because they didn't make the page.

Heh. And the fact that the most notable claim in the article was sourced only to the lodge's own website at the time couldn't possibly have had anything to do with it, no siree.....
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(SarekOfVulcan @ Wed 14th April 2010, 3:30am) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 13th April 2010, 11:17pm) *

It was so bad that those people tried to claim that this page was of a non-notable lodge simply because they didn't make the page.

Heh. And the fact that the most notable claim in the article was sourced only to the lodge's own website at the time couldn't possibly have had anything to do with it, no siree.....

You'd think that there wouldn't be reliable sources when there is a lodge that claims to be the first? First thing to do in an AfD is to look for sources, you know. Its right there in the instructions. How did you become an admin without knowing that?

By the way, it is a very bullshit move to nominate a page for deletion not only a few hours after creation but while it was being expanded. Shameful, just shameful.

This post has been edited by Ottava:
+Quote Post
SarekOfVulcan

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 13th April 2010, 11:47pm) *

You'd think that there wouldn't be reliable sources when there is a lodge that claims to be the first?

Yeah, and I can find you dueling RSs for the oldest Independence Day Parade in the country, too.
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(SarekOfVulcan @ Wed 14th April 2010, 3:57am) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Tue 13th April 2010, 11:47pm) *

You'd think that there wouldn't be reliable sources when there is a lodge that claims to be the first?

Yeah, and I can find you dueling RSs for the oldest Independence Day Parade in the country, too.

Wouldn't matter. Being in competition is enough.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)