FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Wi-Can Trust Wikipedia -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Wi-Can Trust Wikipedia, The Concordian
Newsfeed

Postmaster General

Group: Bots

Wi-Can Trust Wikipedia

The Concordian (subscription)
By Myles Dolphin Ever since Wikipedia's inception in 2001, professors and academics alike have often doubted the accuracy of its numerous entries. Concordia communication studies librarian Sonia Poulin is part of that camp: “Wikipedia is not an … ”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
thekohser

Group: Regulars

After a protracted e-mail exchange with Dolphin that went from heated to more genial, I felt moved to contact the chair of his Journalism Department. Not to "tattle" on his use of language, but to discuss the "teachable moment" that seemed to be at hand.

Dolphin's publication policy is that writers not engage in the comment field of their story, thus his e-mail to me. He also feels like there is "clearly no middle ground" between his view of Wikipedia and mine, and so he no longer wished to discuss the subject.

I note that the original article on The Concordian seems to have either been taken down, or the link is non-working at the moment. Anyone else still seeing the article? This site confirms that the page is down.
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 12th January 2012, 7:53pm) *

After a protracted e-mail exchange with Dolphin that went from heated to more genial, I felt moved to contact the chair of his Journalism Department. Not to "tattle" on his use of language, but to discuss the "teachable moment" that seemed to be at hand.

Dolphin's publication policy is that writers not engage in the comment field of their story, thus his e-mail to me. He also feels like there is "clearly no middle ground" between his view of Wikipedia and mine, and so he no longer wished to discuss the subject.

I note that the original article on The Concordian seems to have either been taken down, or the link is non-working at the moment. Anyone else still seeing the article? This site confirms that the page is down.

It appears to be a server problem not limited to that one article, so assume it is temporary. In the meantime, enjoy this.
+Quote Post
thekohser

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Thu 12th January 2012, 2:59pm) *

It appears to be a server problem not limited to that one article, so assume it is temporary. In the meantime, enjoy this.

Well, not to worry. VulvaVonGoldsnatch has Dolphin's back.
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 12th January 2012, 4:18pm) *

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Thu 12th January 2012, 2:59pm) *

Well, not to worry. VulvaVonGoldsnatch has Dolphin's back.

We need horsey to jump in here, because I'm drawing a blank.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)