FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Comcast -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This subforum is for critical evaluation of Wikipedia articles. However, to reduce topic-bloat, please make note of exceptionally poor stubs, lists, and other less attention-worthy material in the Miscellaneous Grab Bag thread. Also, please be aware that agents of the Wikimedia Foundation might use your evaluations to improve the articles in question.

Useful Links: Featured Article CandidatesFeatured Article ReviewArticles for DeletionDeletion Review

> Comcast
thekohser

Group: Regulars

Talk about information vomit.

Comcast will not broadcast the Tampa Bay Rays baseball games on the Sun Sports network in SE Florida. They do broadcast the games in the SW Florida area, also in Tallahassee and Jacksonville.

I thought this was an "encyclopedia", and thus the aim is to convey the important accumulated knowledge about the subject.

I suppose I'm not allowed to edit the Comcast article in Wikipedia, right?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

The last three paragraphs of that section should be removed, shouldn't they? Or are we assuming that any time a cable or satellite company doesn't include a particular sports channel, that's definable as a "controversy"?

I mean, if there were a lawsuit or something over it, maybe then I could see it. Otherwise it's just angry customers using WP to "stick it to the man" - not quite as bad as BLP revenge-grabbing to be sure, but it's based on a similar impulse.
+Quote Post
thekohser

QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 30th June 2009, 4:36pm) *

Otherwise it's just angry customers using WP to "stick it to the man"...

Somey, about 60% of the article text falls under the "Controversies" heading. In contrast, Halliburton doesn't even have such a heading. This is NPOV at work, though, Jimmy Wales assures me. Then again, Comcast is in no way affiliated with this Wikipedia biography, the way Halliburton is.

Then, you've also got a rural guy sending Comcast a message on the Talk page, as if it's some kind of corporate Suggestion Box.

...sigh...
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 30th June 2009, 8:57pm) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 30th June 2009, 4:36pm) *

Otherwise it's just angry customers using WP to "stick it to the man"...

Somey, about 60% of the article text falls under the "Controversies" heading. In contrast, Halliburton doesn't even have such a heading. This is NPOV at work, though, Jimmy Wales assures me. Then again, Comcast is in no way affiliated with this Wikipedia biography, the way Halliburton is.

Then, you've also got a rural guy sending Comcast a message on the Talk page, as if it's some kind of corporate Suggestion Box.

...sigh...

Don't mess with broadcasting articles unless you may an infinite amount of patience. They seem to attract a large number of "special" editors.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)