FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
It's open season for Malleus -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's open season for Malleus, Admins have their dicks out
Eppur si muove

Group: Contributors

Over at Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Indef_block_of_Malleus_Fatuorum_requires_review and assorted other places there are some cunts (to borrow Malleus's terminology) who resent the fact that some people respect productive editors who may occasionally be a bit rude more than the idiots who block them. Just goes to show that really do think Wikipedia is an MMORPG and not an exercise in creating an encyclopedia.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Retrospect

Londoner born and bred

Member No.: 71,989

The subtitle is a bit wrong. Quite a few admins are dicks! Some have even achieved what I'd have supposed an anatomical impossibility. They are simultaneously dicks and cunts!
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

When will people realize that Wikipedia either can't allow non-content people to have any say there on any matter or the content people need to find a site with just themselves? Obviously, the people there to create an encyclopedia will never get along with the people there for... well, they are just there (why are they there? myspacing? boredom?).

I do like how much stuff that Malleus is able to get away with, but he never came before ArbCom which seems not to care about what the community thinks (and the community tends to be what ends up saving Malleus).
+Quote Post
Eppur si muove

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 1:07pm) *

The subtitle is a bit wrong. Quite a few admins are dicks! Some have even achieved what I'd have supposed an anatomical impossibility. They are simultaneously dicks and cunts!

I avoided that version as I knew that I was going to repeat Malleus's comparison of certain admins with the corresponding female organ. Also my point was that the admins who blocked him are doing so as a show of male prowess as otherwise they would have felt emasculated by Malleus's contempt for them.
+Quote Post
Eppur si muove

QUOTE(Ottava @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 2:02pm) *

When will people realize that Wikipedia either can't allow non-content people to have any say there on any matter or the content people need to find a site with just themselves? Obviously, the people there to create an encyclopedia will never get along with the people there for... well, they are just there (why are they there? myspacing? boredom?).

I think the RFA process favours game-players over content creators because applicants have to be prepared to mouth the expected platitudes. Having once had a position of genuine responsibility where I had to avoided being cowed into defensive practice that a decision not to detain someone might increase the risk of someone dying or being seriously injured, I can't be arsed to go through some charade just to get the right to do the occasional extra duty on some two-bit website.

They ought to do a regular trawl those people who have produced a certain amount of featured or good content without being blocked and just give them the bit. It's far less risk-prone than the current process which favours adolescents who want to feel important.
+Quote Post
that one guy

Doesn't get it either.

Member No.: 5,935

QUOTE(Eppur si muove @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 7:00am) *

Over at Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Indef_block_of_Malleus_Fatuorum_requires_review and assorted other places there are some cunts (to borrow Malleus's terminology) who resent the fact that some people respect productive editors who may occasionally be a bit rude more than the idiots who block them. Just goes to show that really do think Wikipedia is an MMORPG and not an exercise in creating an encyclopedia.

The problem is when he calls a non-admin a "fucking cunt" well he sort of has a nice block coming to him.

Also arbcom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arb...alleus_Fatuorum
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(that one guy @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 10:28am) *

The problem is when he calls a non-admin a "fucking cunt" well he sort of has a nice block coming to him.

Did he say something that was not true or did he say something that was not nice? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

The Ed17 mentioned me:

This is similar in scope to the Ottava case of awhile back, except that Malleus actually works with people to improve articles and doesn't spin out wild conspiracy theories (sorry Ottava). We either just lost or are close to losing one of the few prolific copyeditors on the site, let alone one of the more productive content creators. Let's think this through before accepting. Ed talk majestic titan 16:09, 22 December 2011 (UTC)

I think it was more than proven that I worked with other editors (I have shared articles with over 30 people). But yes, isn't saying the RfA system is corrupt, broken, constantly calling admins "cunts" and other terms spinning out wild conspiracy theories? At least I pointed to two guys who tag teamed voted on over 200 AfDs and shared over 600 page edits with each other. The scope of my "conspiracy" was quite minimal. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

Member No.: 8,716

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 4:18pm) *

Did he say something that was not true or did he say something that was not nice? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

Some people just can't see the truth unless you shove it their faces spiced with a bit of pepper. I fully expect the outcome of ArbCom's deliberations to be rather similar to what happened to Ottava, but that's their loss, not mine.

This post has been edited by Malleus:
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(Malleus @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 4:03pm) *

Some people just can't see the truth unless you shove it their faces spiced with a bit of pepper. I fully expect the outcome of ArbCom's deliberations to be rather similar to what happened to Ottava, but that's their loss, not mine.

If you read the actual decision, 99% of what people threw against me were not considered. It boiled down to me saying that an academic was not respected (i.e. a hack) was a big no no (even though I had reliable sources to make it qualify under BLP (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)) and that my claim that Moreschi and Folantin were tag teaming was wrong even though, as they admitted, an outsider would see an obvious relationship between their edits. I love how Brad said that most of the claims against me didn't really qualify for ArbCom decision yet sought to ban me anyway. Basically, the decision was "regardless of what the facts are, we don't want him around".

Similar to the magical way of transforming my 1 year ban into an indefinite ban because they took the probation clause and said "an indef is probation, right?"

I had over 50 people come out in support of me and said they were full of it. You will have far, far more Malleus. I would expect that if any Arbitrator actually tried to do to you what they did to me that the Arbitrator would be banned. It would be satisfying. And it has precedence - Rlevse found out the hard way that he wasn't immune. It has already been revealed that many of those sitting are plagiarists and just as bad as he was. Once they cross the wrong people, they will swiftly find themselves on the outside. What goes around comes around, after all.
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

I doubt it...they'll most likely just tell you to stop commenting on RFAs (which would still be their loss, not yours). Try as you might, you'll never come across as being as much of a bonkers asshole as Ottava. It's not something you can fake.
+Quote Post
Doc glasgow

Wikipedia:The Sump of All Human Knowledge

Member No.: 90

Hahahahah

People are still taking this shit seriously??????

This has nothing to do with civility, and nothing to do with one side being mature. This is all about drama - lots and lots of drama.

Malleus is deliberately rude because it causes drama. The people who go after him go after him because it cases drama. They all enjoy it.

The feigned "admins are after the good writers - they'll run them all off", is just a crock of shit - because anyone with the intelligence to write good articles is quite intelligent enough to work out how to interact with sufficient civility to avoid drama - it is just that writing good articles isn't enough - they want drama, victim status and hero worship too.

The feigned "if we don't stamp on incivility the wiki will explode", is also a crock of shit - because if you ignored the regular users who were uncivil, they'd soon get bored.

Both sides are just trolling.

Arbcom are fools to accept this, because it will simply result in three months of drama, a limp-wristed decision, and a few weeks of grumbling - and then it will die off for a few weeks.

Change MF to Giano/Geogre/Bishonen, and change the blocker to David Gerard/Tony Sidaway, or whoever it was, and you'll realise how boring this is.

Chistmas repeats once again.

So Malleus, you are just a boring old troll. Yes, the trolling is successful, but it has all been done before (and, sorry to say it, Giano had more style).
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Doc glasgow @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 11:32pm) *
So Malleus, you are just a boring old troll. Yes, the trolling is successful, but it has all been done before (and, sorry to say it, Giano had more style).

And you're an interesting young troll? What a curiously blind distinction.

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 11:20pm) *

I doubt it...they'll most likely just tell you to stop commenting on RFAs (which would still be their loss, not yours). Try as you might, you'll never come across as being as much of a bonkers asshole as Ottava. It's not something you can fake.

They may say whatever they like, obviously, just as I may or may not agree to their terms.

This post has been edited by Malleus:
+Quote Post
Doc glasgow

QUOTE(Malleus @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 11:45pm) *

QUOTE(Doc glasgow @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 11:32pm) *

And you're an interesting young troll? What a curiously blind distinction.

Blind to what? I knew posting here and calling you out as a troll, would probably get your goat because you are still peddling the self-righteous twaddle that you are defending some superior moral high-ground when you call people "cunts".

It is, however, as silly as those who don't understand that they are giving you precisely what you are after when they react to you.

Does that make me a drama-seeking troll? Yes, I suppose it might. So then, there is no distinction. It is just that I'm not a pompous ass who is still playing the game and pretending it is for real.

+Quote Post
GlassBeadGame

Dharma Bum

From: My name it means nothing. My age it means less. The country I come from is called the Mid-West.
Member No.: 981

QUOTE(Doc glasgow @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 6:32pm) *

Hahahahah

People are still taking this shit seriously??????

This has nothing to do with civility, and nothing to do with one side being mature. This is all about drama - lots and lots of drama.

Malleus is deliberately rude because it causes drama. The people who go after him go after him because it cases drama. They all enjoy it.

The feigned "admins are after the good writers - they'll run them all off", is just a crock of shit - because anyone with the intelligence to write good articles is quite intelligent enough to work out how to interact with sufficient civility to avoid drama - it is just that writing good articles isn't enough - they want drama, victim status and hero worship too.

The feigned "if we don't stamp on incivility the wiki will explode", is also a crock of shit - because if you ignored the regular users who were uncivil, they'd soon get bored.

Both sides are just trolling.

Arbcom are fools to accept this, because it will simply result in three months of drama, a limp-wristed decision, and a few weeks of grumbling - and then it will die off for a few weeks.

Change MF to Giano/Geogre/Bishonen, and change the blocker to David Gerard/Tony Sidaway, or whoever it was, and you'll realise how boring this is.

Chistmas repeats once again.

+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(Doc glasgow @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 6:53pm) *

Blind to what? I knew posting here and calling you out as a troll, would probably get your goat because you are still peddling the self-righteous twaddle that you are defending some superior moral high-ground when you call people "cunts".

It is, however, as silly as those who don't understand that they are giving you precisely what you are after when they react to you.

Does that make me a drama-seeking troll? Yes, I suppose it might. So then, there is no distinction. It is just that I'm not a pompous ass who is still playing the game and pretending it is for real.

Lets just get things straight. There are two types of people/two types of action.

1. Editing content/building content

2. Trolling/attention mongering/myspacing, etc.

Number 1 in all of its forms is what Wikipedia is supposed to be about. Number 2 in all of its forms (yes, it is all the same nonsense) is what Wikipedia is actually about.

Any kind of commentary about Wikipedia is trolling of some kind because you are expecting a response. A lot of people provoke others in order to get more of a response. Otherwise, you can see from obscure talk pages that when there is no drama that questions or comments take months and sometimes years before they are answered (if ever).

The rules and policies are established to add a form to the trolling. It is like imposing Robert's Rules in politics - people are still bitching and mongering for attention regardless of the structure they pretend to work within. Everyone is peacocking and trying to get their personal view anywhere they can. That is humanity. That wont change.

Doc, you aren't special. Malleus, you aren't special.

But yeah, I got a mention in that ArbCom request on the second anniversary of my 1 year ban without even having to provoke it. So, I am the ultimate ghost troll. Boogie boogie boo.
+Quote Post
Doc glasgow

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 23rd December 2011, 12:00am) *

Lets just get things straight. There are two types of people/two types of action.

Number 1 in all of its forms is what Wikipedia is supposed to be about. Number 2 in all of its forms (yes, it is all the same nonsense) is what Wikipedia is actually about.

There are certainly two attractions in wikipedia a) creating content [widely defined] and have people react/interact to it b) interacting with people and getting a reaction. People, however, generally engage in both to some degree (it is only a question of where the balance lies).

Most trolls are not interested in content (or not able to write content good enough to have people react to it). However, it is quite possible to need MORE attention than even your excessive content attracts, and thus use trolling to get more.

The self-righteous nonsense is where you claim your provocation and the conflict if causes is somehow related to being a content creator - it is not. (Although, the line is also a good one to divide and conquer your critics - again classic trolling).

+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Doc glasgow @ Fri 23rd December 2011, 12:17am) *

QUOTE(Ottava @ Fri 23rd December 2011, 12:00am) *

There are certainly two attractions in wikipedia a) creating content [widely defined] and have people react/interact to it b) interacting with people and getting a reaction. People, however, generally engage in both to some degree (it is only a question of where the balance lies).

Most trolls are not interested in content (or not able to write content good enough to have people react to it). However, it is quite possible to need MORE attention than even your excessive content attracts, and thus use trolling to get more.

The self-righteous nonsense is where you claim your provocation and the conflict if causes is somehow related to being a content creator - it is not. (Although, the line is also a good one to divide and conquer your critics - again classic trolling).

How can content be "excessive"?
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(Malleus @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 7:57pm) *

It is obviously getting in the way of your trolling. What you need to fix that and become a standard Wikipedian is to be banned and then kept from having access to editing the content. That will leave you only with drama. Obviously, it works.
+Quote Post
GlassBeadGame

Dharma Bum

From: My name it means nothing. My age it means less. The country I come from is called the Mid-West.
Member No.: 981

QUOTE(Ottava @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 8:03pm) *

QUOTE(Malleus @ Thu 22nd December 2011, 7:57pm) *

It is obviously getting in the way of your trolling. What you need to fix that and become a standard Wikipedian is to be banned and then kept from having access to editing the content. That will leave you only with drama. Obviously, it works.

The notion that "content creators" occupy some kind of superior position is ridiculous. As far as trolling WR goes the self-righteous "content creator" are much worse of problem than the social media types.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)